Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

F9F-5 Panther, skin and ini update pak

F9F-5 Panther, skin and ini update pak

F9F-5 Panther Skin and Ini Update Pak for SF, WoV & WoE

This little package will update Pasko's Panther and bring it to a more up-to-date level. I've reused one of the skin sets, the one for VF-51, as it has nice panel and rivet lines, and has the proper coloring on the wings -so I take NO credit for the actual skin bmps themselves!!! New data, loadout and cockpit inis are included, as I've made several changes in them.

The skin folder included is designed to replace the "GoldenDragon" skin folder, as I've created all new decals for the Modex numbers, ship ID/Air Group letter, and all new BuNums. It represents aircraft from VF-192 "Golden Dragons" as seen in the movie 'Bridges at Toko-Ri'. All the BuNums are accurate, in that they are real ones assigned to F9F-5s, but only A/C # 202 and #209 are 100%, as they are the only one I could read viewing the DVD. I have also reused the "Golden Dragons" nose tag decal; so I get no credit for that one!

The inis supplied have had a number of tweeks; the data ini gets duplicated wing stations to load rockets ONLY for some mission types, the loadout ini has been adjusted to reflect this, and the cockpit ini (albeit still using the A-4B pit) has had the pilot position adjusted to more match the Real Life ™ placement.

A revamped/updated/cleaned-up version of my Panther Hangar screen is also included.

=You MUST have the Bunyap Weapons Pak to have the WW2/Post-War/Korean War Era weapons!!! =

IMPORTANT: This aircraft is designed to be used in SF/WoV/WoE -- it has NOT been tested with WoI, so I can't help you if you have any problems.

PLEASE read the enclosed readme for more, detailed install instructions.

Good Hunting!!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Thanks Wrench, nice one :good:

Hurrah!

One of my favourite planes! Good work mate!

Muesli

Wrench mate, are you also waiting the new terrain for Korea like me??

Excellent work!!

My very first plastic model (Aurora, must have been back in 1954 or something), nice it gets some attention again.

Bridges at Toko-Ri was a good novel and dito movie for it's time !!!

Thanks,

Derk :smile: