Sign in to follow this  
ronan

something realy weird

i just started my mission to intercept a group of Tu-16's.

suddenly a Tupolev get's behind my and shoot's me with his main gun.

this seems a little weird to me because a fighter suppose to shoot down a Bomber right?

this is the mission data of the Tu-16 that has shot me down:

[MissionData]

NationName=SOVIET

ServiceStartYear=1958

ServiceEndYear=1975

AircraftRole=BOMBER

AircraftCapability=DAY_AND_NIGHT

Availability=VERY_COMMON

Exported=TRUE

ExportStartYear=1974

ExportAvailability=RARE

PrimaryRoles=STRIKE,SEAD

SecondaryRoles=RECON,CAS

NormalMissionRadius=1033

MaxMissionRadius=1950

Ceiling=13600

MinBaseSize=LARGE

You probably got zapped by the forward upper turret ... them cannons ain't friendly to aircraft structural metals...

Happens all the time....those turrets ARE for self-defense, after all!!! It has nothing to do with the mission data section of the data ini at all. Built into the game's AI routines.

Want a real good time???? Go up against a squadron of B-29s in a Tony or a Nick....hell, any of the WW2 bombers vs any WW2 fighter!! And watch the sparks fly!!! :rofl:

Even Beagle's will shoot at you with their tail turret.

Wrench

kevin stein

"Even Beagle's will shoot at you with their tail turret" Ain't that the truth! I made the mistake of getting too close to a what I thought was a defensless bomber(Beagle) from behind, only to have some green tracers(a lot) sent my way :blink: Now I used a much different angle and direction when tasked to take them down. :biggrin:

I remember taking down a flight of 12 jap bombers in a P-40... I got 6 and my wingie got 3, but I had to crash-land because of all the holes I took. Good times...

Today in WOI, I'm flying the F-14. I use my AIM-54s and AIM-9s. Wingie is being dumb. Ramrod 13 and 14 are busy killing MiG-23MS. So, I go in for guns, flying at 740 kts. Somehow, that bastard got me. Luckily for me, my left wing hit him and killed the Badger (well, atleast put it in a flat spin)

those beagles got me too when i first saw it in WOE, now i never underestimate the tailgunner (just like in memphis belle where the b-29 shot down a bf109).

try shooting those bombers down by diving at them from high altitude or attack them head-on

I do believe I read somewhere that one of the many "field mods" for some USAAF heavy bombers during WWII was rigging up a couple of forward firing pilot controlled 50 cals.

those beagles got me too when i first saw it in WOE, now i never underestimate the tailgunner (just like in memphis belle where the b-29 shot down a bf109).

try shooting those bombers down by diving at them from high altitude or attack them head-on

OT - but I think you meant B-17...

had fun when flying an iL-28 and the tailgunner managed two kills...so why doesnt the #2 - #4 fighters manage anything but a guy eating a sandwich in the back of an airplane swacks two?

had fun when flying an iL-28 and the tailgunner managed two kills...so why doesnt the #2 - #4 fighters manage anything but a guy eating a sandwich in the back of an airplane swacks two?

Hell, Sparko...

If I were your wingman, I'd shoot you down, just on GP. :biggrin:

I still find it freakin' dificult to take on a B-35/49 in a knife fight! Even a flying tank like an Il-2 or an A-10 looks like a crumpet in the end...

Hell, Sparko...

If I were your wingman, I'd shoot you down, just on GP. :biggrin:

the hardest part of being a wingman is not shooting your lead down when he does something stupid or insults your sister over the radio or even threatens to shoot you down. jeez...

The only two things a good wingman should ever say are. "Two," and "Sir, you're on fire!"

:biggrin: