Sign in to follow this  
SkyStrike

Problem with WOI weapon Editor

Dear All,

I've recently purchased Wings Over Israel, patched it to the latest updates & downloaded the Mirage factory WOI weapons pack, and I've adjusted the compatibility options for the Weapon & Gun Editors that came with it to Windows 95/98 mode, However none of the options except the ' New Weapon' option seems to work..

...& when I click the othe options like the 'open' option to open the weapondata.ini. the editor crashes... and the other options just don't work when I click them...

I even tried re-downloading the weapons pack & editor but the problem still persists...

Please could someone help/guide me as to what I'm doing wrong?

My OS is Windows XP with Service Pack 2

This ISN'T a complaint..so don't get me wrong...

Thanks in advance...

Cheers!

Edited by Tomcat_ace

First of all inside the pack after you install its the compatible weapon editor. So you have no need to re download weps editors. Run the weps editors that came with the install and let us know.

First of all inside the pack after you install its the compatible weapon editor. So you have no need to re download weps editors. Run the weps editors that came with the install and let us know.

Dear USAFMTL,

Thanks for your reply... I tried that too but the problem still persists...please help...

hope I'm not asking too much..

Thanks in advance & sorry for any trouble...

Edited by Tomcat_ace

Do you have them running in Win98 compatibility mode?

Dear USAFMTL & Fubar512,

Thanks a lot for your replies... I finally managed to solve the problem...

Even though i had set the compatiblity settings for both editors to Windows98 mode they refused to work as there was some conflict between the ThirdWire Weapon Editors and Microsoft Office Groove..

Once I uninstalled OfficeGroove both editors work flawlessly...

Thanks a lot to both of you once again for your help & sorry for any inconvenience....

Sweet, good to hear.

I would also like to request all WOI users who use MS-Office 2007, to have only Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook features installed... all the other applications, (especially OfficeGroove) that comes with it may cause the Weapon Editors to cease functioning...

Edited by Tomcat_ace

I definitely think there MS 2K7 is the cause of the problem. I only installed that a little over a week ago and that's when the issues began. I still have MS Office 2K7 installed and I have managed to get the weapons editors to work using the console/MS-DOS method, however, after getting it to work, it has somehow destroyed the in-game weapons list for both WOE and WOI (prolly SFG too, but I'm too scared to look!).

I definitely think there MS 2K7 is the cause of the problem. I only installed that a little over a week ago and that's when the issues began. I still have MS Office 2K7 installed and I have managed to get the weapons editors to work using the console/MS-DOS method, however, after getting it to work, it has somehow destroyed the in-game weapons list for both WOE and WOI (prolly SFG too, but I'm too scared to look!).

Dear SayWhat?!,

I've just sent you a PM please have a look...

hope it's helpful.

Regards.

Edited by Tomcat_ace