Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Don't buy EA software in Australia...

Now that I've got your attention with that title... :tongue:

Here's an interesting article about a Choice review of the fairness in software pricing in the Australian market comparing the differences in costs between buying software from stores and downloading them from the developer's sites.

Check it out

Note how EA charges up to 5 times more (in some instances) for the same crap games that you could buy on the cheap in the US...

People always say "prices are set at what the market can bear", but I think it's more "prices are set at what the companies can get away with."

People always say "prices are set at what the market can bear", but I think it's more "prices are set at what the companies can get away with."

That is 100% so true too.

lol..

here all inported software costs i don't know... 3 times more?

the windowns vista here is about 900R$, this should be + or - 530USD

Yeah but ... Australia is the only place on earth you can get 62 degree ice.

It's like the 8th wonder of the world.

:blink:

Yeah but ... Australia is the only place on earth you can get 62 degree ice.

huh?

anyway, what's the Australian dollar at these days? I heard that a new title there runs ~$100, which is pretty steep in Canadian dollars, where games run about $60-$80 new, so unless the Aussie dollar is $1.25 Canadian, which I think is still pretty close to that much American, you guys are getting a bum deal.

That's what Amazon was invented for... to enforce globalisation in terms of buying choice... :rolleyes:

"People always say "prices are set at what the market can bear", but I think it's more "prices are set at what the companies can get away with."

Don't get ripped off unless you want to... :rapage:

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

anyway, what's the Australian dollar at these days?

Aussie $ is roughly around 93-95c US. So yeah, it's a bit of a rip off.

62 degree ice... is that fahrenheit. Wait, no... because 35*C is about 100*fahrenheit. I'm all confused... :blink:

Aussie $ is roughly around 93-95c US. So yeah, it's a bit of a rip off.

62 degree ice... is that fahrenheit. Wait, no... because 35*C is about 100*fahrenheit. I'm all confused... :blink:

Wow, the aussie dollar is pretty close to the Loonie, which is 98.0777 cents U.S. as of today.

As for 62 degree ice... 62 degrees Kalvin perhaps? (That's *C starting at absolute zero.)

Maybe it's ice in a wedge spanning 62 degrees?

or maybe it's some very, VERY well educated ice.

LOL ... No this is a true story.

While visiting Perth, one hot day, I ordered some iced tea. The waitress brings me a glass filled mostly with ice and the rest with tea. I drank some and it was moderately cold so I decided to let it sit and stir it occasionally so it would get colder. 10 minutes later the tea is still not really cold like I expected. The glass was sweating, the ice was getting smaller, but the tea wasn't cold. Knowing ice is at least 0C (32F) we started laughing and making jokes about, "crikee we musta got us some of that ozzie ice." The waitress over hearing the conversation asked if something was wrong with my tea. I said no but she left and appears a couple minutes later from the kitchen with a thermometer that had obviously been in the refrigerator but looked like one you stick in a turkey. She drops the thing in my glass and goes to get a new glass of tea. When she comes back the termometer said 17C (62F) and yes it had been in the glass the whole time. Not being able to explain it we all were convinced that Australia is the only place on Earth you can get 62 degree F ice. You figure it out.

Erik

obviously some kind of strange phenomenon caused by the northeren hemisphere water in the ice being confused about what month it is and weither it should be warm or cold.