absolutely fantastic mod!!! thanks for all your hard work!!!

next change you could do something like this:

amx.jpg:biggrin:

:biggrin:

j/k but your current mod is very good!

Edited by Silverbolt

Alright, alright, you don't have to keep bumping this, I'll give it a go!

:biggrin:

Hey Cello!

Nice to see something like this. Haven't tried WoXX for a long time, this is tempting!

I think I should call you, what else have you got cooking?

see yah!

Beatiful mod :good::clapping:

Doesn't work well with HDR-dll on though. All those fluffy clouds turn into blue-ish squares :blink:

gallery_8037_43_28560.jpg

Is this normal? This is range terrain, but I noticed in Germany with CA_trees as well; under some angles and camera distances trees appear behind much farther clouds...

Hi

Never noticed that by myself, but its a typically z-buffer problem. Fortunately, it has nothing to do with my mod. I would recommend showing youre screeny at the thirdwire forums. So you may ask TK himself...................

Marcel

Hi

Never noticed that by myself, but its a typically z-buffer problem. Fortunately, it has nothing to do with my mod. I would recommend showing youre screeny at the thirdwire forums. So you may ask TK himself...................

Marcel

I do confirm; it happens also with the previous flight folder I had and clouds.tga; It is not the widesky 1.0 Could be my graphic card; can anyone confirm the problem? (I can't wait to have a better comp with A REAL graphic card instead of this integrated intel one...

Sorry for bothering you cellinky!

Bothering you again; look a this:

gallery_8037_43_6470.jpg

that lighter blue stripe on the horizon appears only under the sun itself; it is my graphic card (quite below par..) or is it a wanted effect? In the second case, is there a way to get rid of it?

Thanks

Ditto - get the same hard line across the sky when looking towards the sun.

had the same issue...reverted back to the standard distances(what ur seeing is a really distant horizon)...will post my modifications in a bit(not on my computer right now!

Is anyone else experiencing significative FPS drops by using this mod or is it just me?

[sky]

SkyDistance=70000

SkyPanelCount=9

SkyPanelHeight=15000.0

HorizonVertexHeight=0.0.025

SkyMaterial=SkyMaterial

HorizonCloud=HorizonCloud

HorizonCloudTexture=HorizonCloud%d%d.tga

The sky may not be very wide now but it gets rid of that band

[sky]

SkyDistance=70000

SkyPanelCount=9

SkyPanelHeight=15000.0

HorizonVertexHeight=0.0.025

SkyMaterial=SkyMaterial

The sky may not be very wide now but it gets rid of that band

I am using this, seems better, but a-: I dlike the modder's opinion and view on this..and b:-I need more experiments

[sky]

SkyDistance=80000

SkyPanelCount=9

SkyHeightPosition=-1000

SkyPanelHeight=32000.0

HorizonVertexHeight=0 <------------I think this entry is better

\\0.100 <------------------------original setting

SkyMaterial=SkyMaterial

I am using this, seems better, but a-: I dlike the modder's opinion and view on this..and b:-I need more experiments

[sky]

SkyDistance=80000

SkyPanelCount=9

SkyHeightPosition=-1000

SkyPanelHeight=32000.0

HorizonVertexHeight=0 <------------I think this entry is better

\\0.100 <------------------------original setting

SkyMaterial=SkyMaterial

If you set like this

"HorizonVertexHeight=0 <------------I think this entry is better"

you will get negativ hills and mountains in the far distance (means the sky is darker than the horizon). This never happens in real live unless you have snow covering the tops. It looks better on flat ground, I agree. But on the korean map or over the alps, it kills the illusion for me......this is one of many compromises I had to make. :rolleyes:

Cellinsky,

Love the mod, really love it. If I would like to have a bit more vibrant blue sky, what would be the best way to accomplish it?

Thanks!

If you set like this

"HorizonVertexHeight=0 <------------I think this entry is better"

you will get negativ hills and mountains in the far distance (means the sky is darker than the horizon). This never happens in real live unless you have snow covering the tops. It looks better on flat ground, I agree. But on the korean map or over the alps, it kills the illusion for me......this is one of many compromises I had to make. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your answer,,, "better" in my sentence meant as in "better towards the results I'd like to achieve,, what do you think?", I am positive, you understood there was no offense intended, but if anything, just will to understand.

So basically your entry was a compromise in between flat ground (like the sea) and hilly-mountanious horizon?

Anyway , I was really trying to guess, but did I get the right entry?

Column5:

Flightenvironment.ini, under [Day] and [Day1] look for:

SkyColor=0.443,0.557,0.761

This are actually RGB values but in a decimal form (Red, Green, Blue , 0-100 instead of 0-255)

You can try to reduce the red value first and then increase the blue one, just try........... or you can pick the values from the original flightenvironment.ini.

Dont forget to make a backup......

canadair

yepp, you picked the right entry. If you experiment with that, you will see that you can get "interesting" results. But never perfect for all situations. Mainly because the sun is cut so sharp at dawn and sunset. But thats hardcoded and only TK could do anything. The engine shows its age here...............

Cheers

Marcel

Cellinsky, i've got this.....

ATYAAAA1kBpIZeLiA8QL2z-DW0eMQ02mZRAjvif1eAkydoaSZEeazdtIaWcpRDTWeRpS_NPNLESZi8D2UG5_D3irpdFsAJtU9VBa9RvZ9CE1-aC4uTjQ4l1aHvvRfA.jpg

ATYAAAA1-2RZxGHYe8tDcJOiNSjE6kQzY72Ya8UfXtnsubLtQghaaAH9uf2UxJ5jq-KhGJKNY1PifJ-BCgkByf8sMYs6AJtU9VAfsLbq9JwgTCjueZYVQmdJstpgCQ.jpg

do you know if someone report the same problem?