Sign in to follow this  
Nefarious

Static Aircraft on Carriers?

I saw a video of Argentine? A-4 Skyhawks taking off from an Add-on Carrier and parked along the bow there were static A-4s parked along the deck.

Is there a way to add static aircraft on the US CVs? So tired of returning home to see empty a carrier with an empty deck, I guess at least I know there working :)

Now THAT would be great! :good: But I'm not savy enough to know if it is possible. Ask Wrench he'll know.

Wrench can explain it in more detail, theres one formula but its a lot of work you must put into it. Statics and Cats. Helps if you have a program that will do the math for you, or its hit/miss trial and error.

Your only limited by the amount of space the AC take up on deck and imagination.

You can make as many versions of the ship as you like. Then you HAVE to make the mission(s) so they show up (they wont show randomly) and keep changing the aircraft if you wish to stay accurate, but thats part of the fun.

Your talking about a lot of aircraft for example say in an Alpha Strike or Broken Arrow, full deck, empty deck, whats in the air etc. You may take hits with all those skins especially if you use non stock AC. Gut em. Have fun.

Heres a small example with a few stock A-4's and F-8's.

deck2.jpg

Ya know, I've never added statics to CVs...since I've never figured out the mission builders, so I can't really answer if it's done the same way as statics at a 'fixed' airbase.

In THOSE cases, this is MY prefered method; using them as TERRAIN objects, and NOT GroundObjects, you'd need to add the static to the terrain's ***_targets and ***_types.inis. The put the static aircraft bits (inis, lod, skin bmps) into the terrain folder in question. BTW, even is used as a GroundObject, the item would still need the additions to the targets & types inis. And of course, figuring out the placement offsets in said targets ini, at whatever airbase you're adding them to.

Hey 8, that's a GREAT sig pic!!! Can you shoot me copy, or tell me where to get it??? I see an "All American" nose art in the offing.... :haha::wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

Hey 8, that's a GREAT sig pic!!! Can you shoot me copy, or tell me where to get it??? I see an "All American" nose art in the offing.... :haha::wink:

I like hearing this

Ya know, I've never added statics to CVs...since I've never figured out the mission builders, so I can't really answer if it's done the same way as statics at a 'fixed' airbase.

In THOSE cases, this is MY prefered method; using them as TERRAIN objects, and NOT GroundObjects, you'd need to add the static to the terrain's ***_targets and ***_types.inis. The put the static aircraft bits (inis, lod, skin bmps) into the terrain folder in question. BTW, even is used as a GroundObject, the item would still need the additions to the targets & types inis. And of course, figuring out the placement offsets in said targets ini, at whatever airbase you're adding them to.

Wrench

kevin stein

[/quot

Wrench, I dont recall where I got it, try right click and save it.