I was going through the "What's Available" part of the Knowledge Base the other day and I was wondering if anyone thought about making an XB-70. I would be thrilled to see one, even if it was nothing more than an "AI Only" model. The same goes for the Tu-4 and the SR-71. I would love to see these planes in action, even if it's just to fly with them/against them and not in them.

Have these planes been constructed already and I just missed them somewhere amidst the millions of files out there? :biggrin:

Thanks!

I'm sorry, but just can't let this one slide by.

CupCake? Did you lose a bet to someone?

Male or female, I just don't see anyone taking that moniker without having lost big...

:blink:

My lack of commitment to working on the flight model is partially holding up the XB-70 project...

Though the individual doing the 3d model hasn't finished either.

I bet if I gave him even a half-decent flight model that was flyable, he might be more motivated to finish whatever parts he has left to do on the 3d model.

If someone else wants to step up and provide an FM, I can hand over the tons of data I built up (NASA documents, excel files, etc.).

It will take a lot of work to get it right, but the data is there to make a very accurate believable flight model.

:oops: I meant the T-4 (Sukhoi), not the Tu-4. Sorry about that! :sorry:

Cupcake? Oh dear, I was afraid someone would ask eventually...and you just had to be the one, huh Spectre? :biggrin: Yes, I'm male. It's a long--and very boring--story that goes back more than 10 years to when I had a wrestler named "Cupcake Jones" on one of those old Play Station WWF "Raw" games. Needless to say, he didn't win much...but he stuck with me. My friends and I just couldn't play without Cupcake climbing into the ring...and getting thrown out jsut as quickly. I figure if I am playing a multiplayer session of Wings Over Whatever or IL-2, and the other folks see my name is "Cupcake," they'll be so intimidated, nay, petrified with abject terror, they'll turn around and fly home! :rofl:

I'll check again for the SR-71. I probably missed it somewhere in there.

Yeah, I figured the XB-70 would be a bit of a problem to design...I would just love to pull up alongside one and get a look at it...that's if I could catch it!

Thanks all for getting back to me so fast! :salute:

the SR-71 is a work in progress, there were images posted in a thread a month or so ago. I do not remember who was working on it however.

streakeagle::

If someone else wants to step up and provide an FM, I can hand over the tons of data I built up (NASA documents, excel files, etc.).

It will take a lot of work to get it right, but the data is there to make a very accurate believable flight model.

I am taking an initial look into it, and have some of the data, but neither WoI nor WoE, just the latest SF, which could be a problem. If I were to workup the FM openly on the forum, like with Timmy's MiG-9 FM (my first and only), I would love to get pointers from you or others.

I dunno... I reckon I'd use a name like cupcake as a name in something like CoD. I mean, I've used worse. :tongue:

Could be a good Bond villain. "Cupcake McDeath."

It would look good stencilled under the cockpit of an F-18...I like it!

1LT "Cupcake" Jones

"Bogey's two o'clock low..they're Flankers"

"Roger, in we go...Cupcake, cover me" :rolleyes:

I hear ya Cupcake. I'm a retired Correctional Officer and my last name is McQueen. I got to be good friends with one of the young ladies I worked with everyday and she started calling me "Queenie". Of course a nickname like that in that environment "stuck" like glue. :rolleyes::biggrin:

Nicknames don't necessarily reflect the wearer back in the day I used to have the handle 'Fat Bastard' named after the Austin Powers Character even though i was as skinny as a rake and not even Scottish but nethertheless it stuck throughout my time with the team.

Lazboy

This reminds me of the time I was holding on Invincible sailing towards the US East Coast for an exercise. We received a visit programme for the pre-exercise meetings and all the aircrew were listed with names like Lt 'Killer' Smith, Lt (jg) 'Widowmaker' Voschosnik etc. sat on the Royal Navy's flagship we managed Lt 'Rosie' Rose, Lt Cdr 'Snags' Johnson, Lt 'Bing' Chandler etc. we came to the conclusion the USN just didn't do nicknames the same as we did. Trust me 'Cupcake' would fit in perfectly round here!

I got "Rambler" actually before I bought SF... it's partly a misnomer because I hardly ever talk at all (I've gone whole days without saying anything and nobody notices :biggrin:), and partially because once I get started on a topic (airplanes, cars, motorcycles), I never stop. That's why I have 500+ posts here!

My good friend Ramrod got the name first from standing at full attention for an hour straight, and doing it again the next day, and later because of an interesting incodent involving a Victoria's Secret magazine.

My flight lead got the tag Lunkhead because of his lack of social skills and common sence outside of the cockpit, and my friend Fridge got his name for his, er, circumfrence.

Edited by Rambler 1-1

I got "Rambler" actually before I bought SF... it's partly a misnomer because I hardly ever talk at all (I've gone whole days without saying anything and nobody notices :biggrin:), and partially because once I get started on a topic (airplanes, cars, motorcycles), I never stop. That's why I have 500+ posts here!

My good friend Ramrod got the name first from standing at full attention for an hour straight, and doing it again the next day, and later because of an interesting incodent involving a Victoria's Secret magazine.

My flight lead got the tag Lunkhead because of his lack of social skills and common sence outside of the cockpit, and my friend Fridge got his name for his, er, circumfrence.

:biggrin: Dude im the same as you (refering to the talking thing...) BTW those are some intereating stories