Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Question about loading screens

This is an easy one.

For some reason, my WOV install uses the default WOE loading screen (the F-15) whenever missions are loading. I downloaded some of the loading screen packs from the download section, but they're all set up for specific aircraft. If I want to use one of those BMP's as the default loading screen for all aircraft:

1. What do I name it?

2. Where does it go?

Thanks!

Menu folder uses 3 bmps, probably in the CAT file so you won't see them normally unless you extract them. The are called, at least in my setup, a radically modified menu system.

initial game startup pic .... MAINSCREEN

hanger pic ... SINGLEMISSIONSCREEN

the screen shown when you click "fly" ... DEFAULTHANGARSCREEN

This is an easy one.

For some reason, my WOV install uses the default WOE loading screen (the F-15) whenever missions are loading.

Do you have a merged install?

That's what I dislike about the merged install, it replaces the WOV loadingscreen, which looks a lot better than the WOE one.

Do you have a merged install?

That's what I dislike about the merged install, it replaces the WOV loadingscreen, which looks a lot better than the WOE one.

That's what's weird. I had a merged install, but this is a WOV only install. All the other menu's and screens seem to be the correct WOV ones, it's just this one that's messed up. Is the default WOV screen up in the downloads section? I don't even know if I know what it looks like...

*edit* - and now that I think about it, I did a fresh WOV install last night for the Korean war mod, and I'm still getting the WOE loading screen. Maybe it's from the patch...?

*editII* -hold on here folks. Does the default loading screen come from the menu folder, or the flight folder? I just downloaded a loading screen from wrench's site, and it says to place it in the flight folder. This would make sense, because I've been copying my flight folder from one install to another, since I have weather mods, HUDdata.ini mods, and comms mods that I don't want to install over and over again. I didn't thinkg there was anything game specific in that folder, so I thought that wouldn't be a big deal. If the loading screen is in a CAT file in there somewhere, that would explain the issue I'm having!

Edited by malibu43

(insert slimy salesman's voice) Ah, you've come to the right place for you menu screens questions, my frrriend! Yes, there are many available for you usage!! (end slimy salesman voice)

When you add a new 'generic' loading screen, they go into the /Flight folder -- which seems awfully strange to me, but that's how it works. So, you default will always be what ever the game had stock (and yet another reason AGAINST merged installs)

Somewhre around here, at CA is a Generic Loading screen I did for Korea some years ago. If not here, I know it's a my site

(my god!!! that's thing is from 2005!!!! Jeeez!!!!!)

korealoadingscreen.jpg

Here's the direct link:

http://wrench1smog.com/zips2/korealoadingscreen.zip

I AM the Screen King, after all -- NOBODY'S talking that title away!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

(insert slimy salesman's voice) Ah, you've come to the right place for you menu screens questions, my frrriend! Yes, there are many available for you usage!! (end slimy salesman voice)

When you add a new 'generic' loading screen, they go into the /Flight folder -- which seems awfully strange to me, but that's how it works. So, you default will always be what ever the game had stock (and yet another reason AGAINST merged installs)

Somewhre around here, at CA is a Generic Loading screen I did for Korea some years ago. If not here, I know it's a my site

(my god!!! that's thing is from 2005!!!! Jeeez!!!!!)

Here's the direct link:

http://wrench1smog.com/zips2/korealoadingscreen.zip

I AM the Screen King, after all -- NOBODY'S talking that title away!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks wrench. After I realized it was a flight folder issue, I found that your Korea loading screen is actually included with the Korea mod. I had just deleted it when I copied my flight folder from WOE over. :blush:

...So, you default will always be what ever the game had stock (and yet another reason AGAINST merged installs)...

Yeah, I was all about the merged installs at first, but I've seen the light. I recently reinstalled so I could have the separate installs, and in the interest of saving time was trying to copy the heavily modded folders (that I thought were not game specific...) from my merged install into the new separate one. So that's how I ended up with the WOE loading screen in my WOV only install. When I get home, I'll do another install of WOV and pull all the correct .cat files out of the flight folder in put them where they should be... unless some kind soul would like to extract the WOV loading .bmp for me and send it my way... ;)

im not trying to hijack the thread... but cause it can be a simple problem I dont think its necessary to create a new one, has anyone had a problem with the F-15 skins? I recently started to play WOE with all the NATO fighters patchs and the F-15 is the only one I cant see. The plane shows up in game all white :o

thanx in advance;)

Edited by t-stoff

MAINSCREEN_ALTERN.BMP

Slightly different question, but similar enought that I don't want to start a new thread.

I created these two mainscreens for WOE based on a mainscreen I downloaded here at CA. When I use them, and hover the mouse over a "button" part of the original WOE screen shows up inderneath.

Can someone tell me what causes this and what I need to to do to my Mainscreen's to prevent it?

Thanks!

Do you have the mainscreen ini in the /Menu folder for that particular style of screen??? It has to match the one from the ORIGINAL game it came from, other wise the buttons 'wander'.

One thing I've found, too, is keep the 'image' within the defined borders, say like in WoE, 'the blue area with the dying Flogger and Killer Eagle'. That way you don't have to screw around with the button placements in the mainscreen ini.

Somewhere around here is Kout's "How To Package"...should have more detailed info.

Wrench

kevin stein