Sign in to follow this  
BombsAway

Problems starting campaign

Everytime i try to start a campaign or fly anything other than a training mission, the game crashes and i get an error message. This is killing me since i have had the game for two months and i still have yet to fly anything but a training mission.

Everytime i try to start a campaign or fly anything other than a training mission, the game crashes and i get an error message. This is killing me since i have had the game for two months and i still have yet to fly anything but a training mission.

What's the message?

What are your PC specs?

Have you patched it up to the latest release 1.0.13?

My game is running flawless since I bought it last week.

Edited by jomni

OK sorry it took so long but everytime i try and start a campaign, i says that the game has encountered a problem and must close. It gives me the option to send an error report, dont send an error report, and to debug.

I also tried to download the patch, but it says "failure to open new file C:\Program files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield operations\campaign\balkans\rta40420.

As for my computer, it has MS XP professional, with intel pentium 4, Cpu 2.80 ghz, and 504mb of ram.

Can't say I've heard of this one before but...... the first place I'd look would be the system logs, particularly the application log and the sytem log.

Check to see what is causing the error... sounds potentially like a DCOM error, but at this stage it could be anything.

Preach

Will assume Win XP SP2?

You havnt got a Direct2Drive version have you?

Also check out Lead Pursuits web site - because I think there maybe something relating to a similar error on there.

The only patch you should need is the full 1.0.13 one from LPs site - not the incremental one.

Whats the current version of the game?

Have you tried reinstalling it?

Will assume Win XP SP2?

You havnt got a Direct2Drive version have you?

Also check out Lead Pursuits web site - because I think there maybe something relating to a similar error on there.

The only patch you should need is the full 1.0.13 one from LPs site - not the incremental one.

Whats the current version of the game?

Have you tried reinstalling it?

Im not sure, im just gonna try and reinstall it and see what happens. Ill keep you guys posted