Sign in to follow this  
rogerbacon

Escape key ends game instead of end mission

According to my key mapping (default) the escape key should end the mission. Instead it closes the program adn sends me back to my desktop. Has anyone encountered this behavior? This didn't happen on my old computer when I first bought WoE a couple of years ago. My new computer has Windows Vista and two 8800 GT graphics cards. I installed a bunch of mods but nothing that should affect the game like this. Any ideas?

Have you changed the data on your terraine,these game CTD on vista unless you do,change data as follows. These changes have to be done on all terraine you want to use

paw1_data

[NormalTextureMaterial]

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE ******************change to FALSE******************

DepthBufferWrite=TRUE

RenderedInOrder=TRUE

AlphaTestEnabled=FALSE

CullMode=CLOCKWISE

LightEnabled=TRUE

SpecularEnabled=FALSE

EmissiveEnabled=FALSE

FogEnabled=TRUE

AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.0000000

ZBufferOffset=0.000000

BlendOp=ONE

NumTextureStages=1

TextureStage[01].TextureName=

TextureStage[01].MipMap=TRUE

TextureStage[01].FilterEnabled=TRUE

TextureStage[01].StageColorOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE

TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=NO_OP

[WaterTextureMaterial]

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE ******************change to FALSE******************

DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

RenderedInOrder=TRUE

AlphaTestEnabled=TRUE

CullMode=NO_CULL

LightEnabled=TRUE

SpecularEnabled=TRUE

EmissiveEnabled=FALSE

FogEnabled=TRUE

AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

SpecularColor=1.000000,1.000000,0.900000,1.000000

SpecularPower=1.000000

ZBufferOffset=4.000000

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

NumTextureStages=2

TextureStage[01].TextureName=

TextureStage[01].MipMap=FALSE

TextureStage[01].FilterEnabled=TRUE

TextureStage[01].StageColorOp=DIFFUSE

TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=TEXTURE

TextureStage[02].TextureName=ref_color.bmp

TextureStage[02].MipMap=FALSE

TextureStage[02].FilterEnabled=TRUE

TextureStage[02].StageColorOp=TEXTURE

TextureStage[02].StageAlphaOp=DIFFUSE

Edited by Bounder

Also check the knowledge base.

Damn...an answer to my problems...now I try to edit this file...thanks!!! :good::ok::rofl:

Hei...now it works well, but there is no water effect... :dntknw: is there another way, without cancelling watershaderffect? :clapping:

Hei...now it works well, but there is no water effect... :dntknw: is there another way, without cancelling watershaderffect? :clapping:

Ehm ... downgrade to Xp :biggrin: .

Perhaps the next patch will rectify this..... :wink:

Have you changed the data on your terraine,these game CTD on vista unless you do,change data as follows. These changes have to be done on all terraine you want to use

Thanks. I will try that when I get home tonight. It is strange that it would play the mission fine and only CTD when exiting.

It's called Vista...another fine Micro$oft product.

remember, TK himself dosen't reccomend using any of his stuff in Vista; these are the work-arounds developed to get up working. Vista versions MAY be out near the end of the year/early next year.

And as Dave said, all the answers to this are posted in the KB, readily available

erikgen! :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

Oh My God! It's the patch. I tried changing the things in the file but it didn't work. So, I did a clean install and checked and everything worked fine. Next I applied the patch (WOE_p083006.exe). Tried again and it crashes to desktop. It's the official patch and it crashes my game.

So, is the game playable without the patch?

Eagle89, the above procedure fixed your game? It didn't work for me. Just to make sure, the file to be modified is GERMANYCE_DATA.INI, right? It's the only terrain file I have.

Roger

Did you install the game to your c:/program files/ in vista...?

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry141845

Check my advice before step 5....

I installed to D:\games\WoE. I have the latest graphics drivers because I heard the ones that ship with the 8800 GT are terrible for Vista. I'm pretty sure I have the latest DirectX drivers but I will go and update tonight jsut to be sure. I'll try the other things on the last as well.

One thing, when I ededited the terrain file, there were 5 places that had DepthBufferCheck=TRUE. I changed all of them just to be safe. After setting them to false the plane was semi-transparent. I could see trees and other ground terrain through it when I was using an external view. That's not what I'm going to be left with if I ever get this working is it? I mean it's better than nothing but it sure lowers the realism factor.

Just edit the only 2 lines we say. Also get that out of your games folders. Just cut an paste it to a folder on your desktop. Trust me dude. I am running Vista and I am having no issue after doing the above steps.

Same here Dave, since u told me what to do I got it to work, WOV to work, and SFG to work.