:biggrin:

That's nothing special - just the sunset sky in Moscow during cloudy periods in summer. Love the view from my window. :good:

skyline.jpg

Are there any mods providing such effects? Lexx_Luthor's skies are more for high-level stuff. Those are thunderclouds.

Realy beautifull sky :ok: , well i mean clouds :biggrin:

Hey Gr.Viper, where can I download this great mod??? :haha:

Nice! Very, verY, veRy, vEry nice :good:

BEAUTIFUL image mate. Thank you for sharing this. Would be

fantastic as an add-on!

:clapping:

Edited by MrCraig41

Burning sky, Huh?

Well that ain't nothing. Irwin Allen did that effect in a "B" movie back in 1961 :biggrin:

med_gallery_279_54_48281.jpg

I remember a mod for CFS3 that improved the sun effect and made it just like that at sunset.

Downloading cellinsky's sky mod right now, maybe modify the colors for sunset to get a similar effect?

Burning sky, Huh?

Well that ain't nothing. Irwin Allen did that effect in a "B" movie back in 1961 :biggrin:

SEAVIEW in "Voyage to the Bottom of the SEA" You eather watch alot off SciFi or you just Aged the heck out of your self LOL.

Edited by Bounder

Burning sky, Huh?

Now WHERE can I get the Sea View? :haha::rofl:

Now WHERE can I get the Sea View? :haha::rofl:

Perhaps someone will be inspired to create one, though it would be of limited use. OTH, the "flying sub" from the TV series would be interesting :ok:

http://www.vttbots.com/fs1_berthing.html

Well, NIMR IS on the So. Cal map...there's a empty bearth waiting there for someone to build her. (one of the Easter Eggs that apparently no one has found.....)

If we had a little fishing boat, I'd park Fubar's right next to it!! ...Hmmmm....maybe borrow something from the new Falklands map.......

Wrench

kevin stein

Viper::

Are there any mods providing such effects? Lexx_Luthor's skies are more for high-level stuff. Those are thunderclouds.

I wish. The photo is the low reddened sunlight reflecting off the bottom of the stratus clouds. It would be like asking The Sims developers to allow clouds to have sun-specular (or something shiny) for cloud layers, like the shiny water or sunshiny reflective LODs and skins. Same goes for sunlight turning contrails golden yellow.

My wierdo stuff is high level only, but it fits with classical era strategic air warfare. Right now, the sim offers no practical way to simulate changes in sky appearance with altitude, although if we assume a cold hard winter season, the deep blue of high altitude carries down to sea level to a great degree. I have experimented with several layers of thin haze layers, and it works to create deepening blue with higher altitude, but at low level it washes out other sun/sky colours that, as we see in Viper's photo, can become surrealistically extreme at low level -- deep red or orange skies at sunset for example. So the haze layers are not very practical.

I was able to get this however...this is moderately zoomed in view of the horizon from the cockpit, and when the Siberian sun is in the field of view as shown here, the sunglare is rendered and its brightness mixes with the ice crystal cirrus clouds and contrails, making them shine brighter as well -- but I guess this models a translucent effect, and not reflection as seen in Viper's thicker water clouds in the photo.

img00098.jpg

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

If I remember correctly, there is an extremely obscure mod on AvSim that more or less fits the bill. Very, very red sunrises and sunsets, &c. I don't think it works very well with current patch standards, however, because no horizon clouds show up.

Another sample of skies on fire

blaze.jpg

Setting sun lights up falling rain

There were lots of lightnings there under that arch of thunderclouds too but I couldn't capture them.

Viper::

Setting sun lights up falling rain

WOW that is some amazing weather photography. Behind the rain we see more towering cumulus in the distant clear sunlit skies.

SEAVIEW in "Voyage to the Bottom of the SEA" You eather watch alot off SciFi or you just Aged the heck out of your self LOL.

We're all late '60 Bros :rofl:

Mau

WOW that is some amazing weather photography.

That's some amazing weather - a friend of mine said people at bus stops were going "WTF???", taknig pictures and wondering if anything was set on fire over there.