Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

Ingrid Bertancourt is free

Good news .....

BOGOTÁ, July 2, 2008 (AFP) - The hostage of Colombian guerrillas of the Farc, Ingrid Betancourt, along with three Americans and 11 other kidnapped, including three Americans were released today by the Army, informed the Colombian Minister of Defense Juan Manuel Santos.

The rescue occurred in an area of jungle in the department of Guaviare, in southwestern Colombia, Santos returned.

"We will continue to work in the release of other hostages. We urge the current chefões the Farc to release the other and not sacrifice his men," said Santos in a press interview in the Ministry of Defence headquarters in Bogota.

Source:http://g1.globo.com/Noticias/Mundo/0,,MUL633477-5602,00.html

Good news .....

Source:http://g1.globo.com/Noticias/Mundo/0,,MUL633477-5602,00.html

thank God!! The utter depraved brutality of the FARC for keeping these people for so many years has finally been ended. Thanks to the Colombian Army troops who pulled this off.

awesome history!

you guys should see about it!

it was broadcasted here right now......

btw, they said throught some US sources the colombian government got some help from US....

It should have been long ago. Trouble with terrorist groups is when they can´t live other way after so long (it happens with FARC in Colombia, ETA in Spain and France, islamist groups wich using mercenaries like Al-Sadr madhi´s army and others)

What drives me mad is how can people doubt they´re the bad guys. FARC or Hamas, in example, are said to be Freedom Fighters, and its just because its the cool, fashioned ideology. Someones able to kidnap for years, or to use retarded kids as guided bombs, should fell the guilt and reject of the public opinion all over the world. This could have ended long ago

awesome history!

you guys should see about it!

it was broadcasted here right now......

btw, they said throught some US sources the colombian government got some help from US....

What is certain is that without US help, Colombian army and Special forces wouldn't have been able to perform such operations. Analysts here are saying that since a few year, colombian forces performances are sort of "skyrocketting".

What is certain is that without US help, Colombian army and Special forces wouldn't have been able to perform such operations. Analysts here are saying that since a few year, colombian forces performances are sort of "skyrocketting".

Truely. Southern American armies are becoming the best in COIN operations by experience and US assistance.The army of El Salvador in Iraq, or the performance of colombian veterans in US and Spanish Armies, are a good proof of that

i don't know, that's why they said on tv....

"...american sourcers said us assist one way or another the op..."

don't know can be just information....

why? what makes you think that the Colombian Army can't do anything without US help?

I don't know one way or the other, but I suspect that as the details emerge we will find out that it was simply good intel developed by the Colombian forces and flawless execution by the Colombian forces.

why? what makes you think that the Colombian Army can't do anything without US help?

I don't know one way or the other, but I suspect that as the details emerge we will find out that it was simply good intel developed by the Colombian forces and flawless execution by the Colombian forces.

I've not been clear enough: I haven't heard that the US did get involved directly in the thing, but that their logistical and training help a few years ago helped Colombian forces to raise their standart. Actually, that's what I heard from some obscure military analyst in TV, might just be crap. :wink:

I've not been clear enough: I haven't heard that the US did get involved directly in the thing, but that their logistical and training help a few years ago helped Colombian forces to raise their standart. Actually, that's what I heard from some obscure military analyst in TV, might just be crap. :wink:

ah..

that is probably quite true. The fact that we provided a lot of logistics, equipment, training, shared intel, etc., put the tools in place for them to use very effectively.

very good points.

:good:

what little I've heard of the op itself sounds like a lot of cloak and dagger, and some gutsy work by the Colombian special ops guys who pulled it off. An outstanding op.

the FARC is collapsing rapidly.

btw, the US embassator in Bogotá said US know the attack before it start

btw... it was in a Mi-8?

didn't colobia used the S-70?

btw, the US embassator in Bogotá said US know the attack before it start

btw... it was in a Mi-8?

didn't colobia used the S-70?

don't know, but I imagine the rescue team would have declined to show up in a standard Colombian AF chopper!

don't know, but I imagine the rescue team would have declined to show up in a standard Colombian AF chopper!

they said it was a humanitary mission... i ever think the government was who gave this kind of help

It sounds to smooth of an operation to be true. I wonder if money was really involved. It somewhat reminds me of the Iranian hostages release hours into Reagan’s Presidency that later we found out to be nefarious in 1986. I mean nobody got nervous or crazy while this was going down and they just flew in with a helicopter with Che Guevara shirts and picked the hostages up. If its true these FARC guys need start recruiting some smarter guys.