Sign in to follow this  
Dave

A Good Sim You Aren't Playing

STORM::

MiG Alley had so much potential. I loved the contrails all over the sky.

Any screenshots out there about this?

I've been wanting to try BoB2 but have never got round to it, lack of time mainly. Sounds very deep.

STORM::

Any screenshots out there about this?

I've been wanting to try BoB2 but have never got round to it, lack of time mainly. Sounds very deep.

Very scaleable.

Lots of 'instant action' missions, from training to big historically based furballs.

Lots of novice settings in the options screen to ease the player in - flight models, gun damage enhancers, target box enhancers, padlock circles, aircraft labels, a bullet lead indicator...

Plus heads up display on-screen gauges...

All of which can be switched off when not needed anymore

See screenies here: http://www.freewebs.com/heinkill/bob2news.htm and here: http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/forum/...pic.php?t=10952

Cheers

H

Fine, you guys got me convinced. Just picked up BoBII at half price books for 6 bucks.

And EECH2 for 7 bucks...a two fer!

FastCargo

You may wish to think of it as $12 for BoB2 and $1 for EE2. That way you may not feel as ripped off.

Just sayin! :biggrin:

Actually, I was checking out the EECH2 boards at that 'other' place...appearently, the efforts of one person has done a lot to fix the stuff that was a problem in EECH2.

Besides, I spent more on lunch then I spent on this game...so I wouldn't feel too bad if the game is a total turd...

Anyone need me to pick up some more copies of BoBII or EECH2 for them? Cheap cheap if you can't find a HPBs in your area (and you live in the US or Canada).

FastCargo

No HPBs in FL at all AFAIK. Never seen one.

I had high hopes for EE2 doing for EECH what F4:AF did for F4, but it didn't.

New AAA enhancement coming to BOBII soon. Just testing the hotfix right now.

A lot of research done on replicating the true fire rates, ranges and accuracy of 1940 British AA fire resulting in new customisable flak settings. The historical settings will be default, but if you want to dial it up, or back, depending on your taste/PC capability, you can!

Stay tuned...

AAAshot_002.jpg

DAMwing.jpg

88sAudembert.jpg

One question. How well does it run on Vista? I have to many old games I can't play anymore because of this.

Patch 2.09 on the doorstep!

hmm... getting lost here... I've downloaded 2.09 code only update few days ago (BDG_2.09-38.rar), installed into 2.08 version, have CTDs.

I had 2.08 patch.

Than I followed these links, and no CTD:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto...08e4358b4ec0866

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto...08e4358b4ec0866

Take a look on "Note1" in first link. "Note1" will point you to another link, and you need start there (if you have 2.08).

Note says that: "you must be running an exe later than vanilla 2.08. The latest is BDG_2.09-31." This means that 2.08 is not needed maybe :dntknw:

Edited by kukulino

Are any of you guys running the game on Vista? I'd love to buy the game but don't want to spend the money if it wont run on my machine.

Are any of you guys running the game on Vista? I'd love to buy the game but don't want to spend the money if it wont run on my machine.

Runs just fine in vista, with latest directx.

Challenge with playing with code updates will often be CTDs as code updates are beta releases. Fun to get ahead of the curve, but not always stable...

The self-installer for official 2.09 patch will be out soon. Very stable, so should not have CTD problems.

2 things to ensure success tho:

= always patch over a clean install

= don't try and play old savegames with a new patch

Cheers and enjoy!!

Heiny

Runs just fine in vista, with latest directx.

Challenge with playing with code updates will often be CTDs as code updates are beta releases. Fun to get ahead of the curve, but not always stable...

The self-installer for official 2.09 patch will be out soon. Very stable, so should not have CTD problems.

2 things to ensure success tho:

= always patch over a clean install

= don't try and play old savegames with a new patch

Cheers and enjoy!!

Heiny

Would that be Direct X 10 or 9c? Can't get patched 2.08 to run on XP w/9c. Before installing Direct X 10 I want to make sure since uninstall could not be fun.

hmm... getting lost here... I've downloaded 2.09 code only update few days ago (BDG_2.09-38.rar), installed into 2.08 version, have CTDs.

I solved the problem by reinstalling and applying only 2.08 and 2.09. Ground detail is breath-taking!

Would that be Direct X 10 or 9c? Can't get patched 2.08 to run on XP w/9c. Before installing Direct X 10 I want to make sure since uninstall could not be fun.

Sorry should have clarified - update to DirectX9.0c (June version). Unfortunately, there are multiple dated versions of 9.0c but they should all work.

Yes, the ground detail is a stunner - like being in a time machine!

highstreetinGame_1.jpg

A taste of a Luftwaffe campaign mission in 2.09

Frie Jagt over Biggin Hill airfield

3116965017_c95fa7b50a_b.jpg

A bowser goes up

3117791434_57e723b125_b.jpg

"Blinkin heck lads, Jerry's giving Biggin what for!"

3116965207_a9f2bd1c67_b.jpg

"I say, it looks like one of ours is going in!!"

3117791130_5c5810b18b_b.jpg

"Down tools lads, he just might be alive!!"

3117791242_67e4f6358e_b.jpg

Not likely Mein Herre! (Now to get home without my Daimler seizing...)

3117809694_2e40062bb1_b.jpg

Cheers!

H

Edited by heinkill