Sign in to follow this  
Longestpants

So...

It's time for a very important debate. A matter of utmost seriousness. But I digress.

Angus MacGyver, or Jack Bauer. Which one is more rad?

macgyver.JPG

jackbauerrq9.jpg

Obviously it's MacGyver, but those inclined to (wrongly) disagree are encouraged to do so.

Well, just going by the pictures, I'd have to go with MacGyver. I don't see Jack Bauer toting a guided bomb/missile on his shoulder like it's no big deal. (It's a Baby Ruth. It's no big deal.)

Also, I'm not up on my firearms, but it kinda looks like Jack's gun is sans magazine. But, in his defense, he's probably just going to pistol-whip the bad guys to death - so why waste money on bullets? Economical, I like that. Of course, if he were really that concerned with America's well being, he'd buy the bullets to support the economy. Tut tut, Mr. Bauer.

Edited by gbnavy61

Only MacGuyver can make a guided bomb from your mum's pantyhose, a half eaten Marsbarm, a steering column and a kid's shoe. And he helped pioneer the 'Aviators'...

...but then again, Jack bauer was once a vampire...

Nope, Macguyer, hands down!

come on. no one, and I do mean no one, ever went through so much shi* that Jack Bauer goes through in a single episode, let alone season. and it just keeps coming.

i imagine he has an ulcer the size of a fist.

Bauer for Vice-president!

MacGyver can make a nuke out of Bauers fingernail clippings......

Well correct me if I am wrong, but last I checked, Macguyver never got a DUI and had to go to jail :blink:

Mac for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what was MacGyver's job anyway? Kind of like Magnum, PI...how did he get all of that money? At least in Knight Rider it had a semblance of an origin...then of course was forgotten like all other TV shows...

Oh, cast my vote for MacGyver...though the potato gun taking out the radiator (and thus ending the pursuit) was a bit of a fetch...

MacGyver, by a mile!

If it wasn't for him!

And he's funnier than Jack bauer too, the monologues and dialogues in the

series sometimes were fenomenal!

Pete: Mac, whatever you do...

MacGyver: I know, I know, Pete, stay out of trouble, keep the expenses down and don't get killed.

Pete: Took the words right out of my mouth.

MacGyver: Bold and nosy. I'm famous for that.

MacGyver: If I had some duct tape, I could fix that.

MacGyver: You guys are missing out on a good deal if you kill me. See, I'm kind of an expert with just about everything.

MacGyver: What uh-oh?

MacGyver: When James Bond gets an assignment, he probably ends up on the Riviera, up to his 007's in bikinis. Me? I end up 80 miles past nowhere.

That's just wonderful, right?!

Chuck norris rule both

No need to say that! We all agree... or get a roundhouse kick in the face!

But Mac Gyver is second only to Chuck. :biggrin:

never saw 24..

MacGyver i saw a long time ago.. ohh man! he rules :)

Chuck Norris Approves This Thread

1188511285075.gif

Never use the "modern internet language", but this occasion seems appropriate:

LOL!

ROFL!

LMAO!

:rockon:

Chuck norris rule both

Little-known fact revealed: MacGuyver INVENTED both Chuck Norris and Jack Bower. Chuck Norris was a mechanical invention, Jack Bower a biological one. :rofl:

I always though that the pepsi symbol represents the world. Blue is good, red is evil, and white is Chuck Norris keeping them from fighting.

Richard Dean Anderson is to me a lot more entertaining to watch than Kiefer Sutherland. Therefore, McG wins!

Richard Dean Anderson is to me a lot more entertaining to watch than Kiefer Sutherland. Therefore, McG wins!

Pleas, don't insist!

Guess I am on the other side of this debate. I enjoy RDA in Stargate SG-1, but I prefer Jack Bauer to McG. Not because Keifer is a better actor, but because 24 is such a damn good show in all respects...its like watching a 24 hour movie. Plus I like it because Bauer will torture a suspect on a whim.

Guess I am on the other side of this debate. I enjoy RDA in Stargate SG-1, but I prefer Jack Bauer to McG. Not because Keifer is a better actor, but because 24 is such a damn good show in all respects...its like watching a 24 hour movie.

it became repetitive :(

the last i watched was that shows a nuke over LA....that was good.

is there any new season after this one?

it became repetitive :(

the last i watched was that shows a nuke over LA....that was good.

is there any new season after this one?

I agree there were a couple of seasons that just weren't memorable. Last season was really good though. Yes, there is a new season coming up, it would have already aired but there was a writer's strike in Hollywood last year and the producers of the show decided to push the season back. This upcoming season is supposed to take a fresh approach with a smaller-scale story, so we will see how it turns out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_(season_7)