Sign in to follow this  
Killer010793

New Member Questions about Addons

Hi I'm new to this site and i just purchased and downloaded Wings Over Europe, I'm haveing fun with the game and i what to add some new planes. But I what to know if i need to download anything before i can start adding planes? I heed about a Weapon Pack, Do i need this pack before i can download planes?

Hi pilot :biggrin:

Welcome here on CA :yes:

I am affraid if I understand your question right. I hope, yes :wink:

Use Knowledge base. There are maaaanyyyy needed informations for everybody who fly SFP1 series.

Knowledge base is here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=18346

And answer on your question is here (If I understand you right. Look on second post): http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=18346

Edited by kukulino

Hi Killer and welcome,

In most cases the add ons come with a 'readme' file and again in most cases these readme's explain clearly if there is a requirement for any other add on, the weapons packs are a good start if you want some of the add on aircraft to carry the correct weapons, most of the time though the add ons can be a stand alone, prepare yourself for alot of trial and error while you get used to customising any of the series of games and try not to overload the forum with questions, not that we don't like helping (quite the contrary) it's just alot of very smart people have taken time an effort to set up a knowledge base to try and answer some of the most asked questions.

p.s. if you download the EF-2000 Typhoon then please be patient, there are issues with it and wings over europe as it was built for wings over israel, the full functionality of it will come when the patches for the rest of the series are released, in the mean time you will find a few threads here relating to getting around these issues.

My tip for the day would be - install only Plane/mod at a time - and each time test it in single mission mode to make sure everythings there before going on to the next one.

Reason being if you add 10 at a time say - and the game crashes its a lot harder to find which mod is causing the crash

My tip for the day would be - install only Plane/mod at a time - and each time test it in single mission mode to make sure everythings there before going on to the next one.

Reason being if you add 10 at a time say - and the game crashes its a lot harder to find which mod is causing the crash

Thanks i'll be sure to do that. :good: