Sign in to follow this  
peter01

FMs Uploaded

See - File Announcements.

Let me know on this thread if any problems, or if any comments.

Cheers

Thanks for all the determined and persistent work Peter01!

The game gets better and better.

I can only guess how long all this took to accomplish. I'll install and play over the weekend.

sinbad

Hi Peter many thanks for the hard work put in. One item noticed was this in the read me - Copy DFWC1 folder, rename to.......... DFWC1. Should it be - Copy DFWC5 folder, rename to.......... DFWC1,

and do's one have to put the renamed copied folders back in the aircraft folder ?

Please can you or any other tell me where I can get the Hanriot Planes ?.

Thanks again.

Edited by don246

Hi Peter many thanks for the hard work put in. One item noticed was this in the read me - Copy DFWC1 folder, rename to.......... DFWC1. Should it be - Copy DFWC5 folder, rename to.......... DFWC1,

and do's one have to put the renamed copied folders back in the aircraft folder ?

Please can you or any other tell me where I can get the Hanriot Planes ?.

Thanks again.

Yes thanks, my mistake, it should be as you say Copy DFWC5 folder, rename to.......... DFWC1

Yes copied folders go back into Aircraft folder, before you install the FMs. If you didn't do this, and installed, no problem, just copy the copied aircraft folders after renamed and if there is already a folder there just overwrite. Then do FM install completely again.

Hanriots are in WW1 Aircraft down bottom of page:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...&showcat=70

Edited by peter01

Yes thanks, my mistake, it should be as you say Copy DFWC5 folder, rename to.......... DFWC1

Yes copied folders go back into Aircraft folder, before you install the FMs. If you didn't do this, and installed, no problem, just copy the copied aircraft folders after renamed and if there is already a folder there just overwrite. Then do FM install completely again.

Hanriots are in WW1 Aircraft down bottom of page:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...&showcat=70

Got the Hanriots thanks.

Hi Peter-

Thanks again for the massive job.

I believe I have found another notation which should change.

The ReadMe calls for a copy of the AlbatrosD3OAW folder to AlbatrosD3OEF

I believe that should be "Copy the AlbatrosD3OAW folder to AlbatrosD3OEF_200

I also reiterate my suggestion elsewhere that the Generic Mod Enabler will help keep folks sane as they juggle the many mods. Get it here:

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products.html

sinbad

Having a blast Pter with all the new FMs. I am in early war now testing out the new Plane Fest. Its a real treat to be able to fly all these early war planes again!

Still trying out different AI files and other mods you included but its a blast so far :good:

Im up to the 4th set of planes and its been amazing to see all the different planes in the air in the dogfights. SO far I like the Hard AI and the 65% gun files. It keep sall the kills in about he right area that I would expect from a real pilot in that time. ALot of the time you have to run for home now days if to many ACE/Vet AI get on you. That a real nice change.

Testing the new plane fast using all your FMs and should be letting that version out this week.

:biggrin:

Hello Peter. I don't really have enough HDD space to do another install...at least I'm short enough that I'd rather not if I don't have to. :wink: I'm pretty sure I can do a manual install of your stuff in the pre-patched version I already have, ie. fms, objectdata.ini, update gundata, sounds, flight files, etc. Anything you can think of that might be a problem? THX. :good:

Hello Peter. I don't really have enough HDD space to do another install...at least I'm short enough that I'd rather not if I don't have to. :wink: I'm pretty sure I can do a manual install of your stuff in the pre-patched version I already have, ie. fms, objectdata.ini, update gundata, sounds, flight files, etc. Anything you can think of that might be a problem? THX. :good:

Doing manual install is fine. But you do need to install most things.

With aircraft, nearly all FMs have improved somewhat, so wouldn't worry about keeping older stuff, but if you have done cockpit changes for ai only flyable changes, you could be selective about that...basically just install data.ini.

The only files I can think of that you do not need are:

Missioncontrol.ini - just delays ai takeoff

Viewlist.ini - if you have your own modded, then don't install this one

You don't need to install RotaryEngine sound if you have one (from A-team)

If you have modded the soundlist.ini, keep it but add

[gun_reloadlg]

Priority=HIGH

3DSound=FALSE

NumBuffers=1

Looped=FALSE

You must install the modded Aircraftobject.ini. Using the default one will mean the AI are exceptionally hard, harder than either of mine.

Having a blast Pter with all the new FMs. I am in early war now testing out the new Plane Fest. Its a real treat to be able to fly all these early war planes again!

Still trying out different AI files and other mods you included but its a blast so far :good:

Im up to the 4th set of planes and its been amazing to see all the different planes in the air in the dogfights. SO far I like the Hard AI and the 65% gun files. It keep sall the kills in about he right area that I would expect from a real pilot in that time. ALot of the time you have to run for home now days if to many ACE/Vet AI get on you. That a real nice change.

Testing the new plane fast using all your FMs and should be letting that version out this week.

:biggrin:

Thanks for comments, Firecage.

Yes the AI can often gang up on you, and do it effectively. One time 3 were firing at me at about the same time from different directions. Ah, as always, the one head on got me...

I've cut and run many times too. You appreciate a faster plane. BTW, sometimes had to use the flight level mode, it maintains higher speed better than I can. Now thats tail between the legs.

Your side also do the same, often aiding you too, eg, that magical moment post, with N11 was an example of that.

All this happens in stock game too, but nowhere near as effectively or as much.

Looking forward to "the 'fest", and good idea to break it down inot early/late variants.

Edited by peter01

On the campaign side, very highly recommend Charles' Cambrai and Bloody April campaigns. They are available here, but under "Missions", not "Campaigns" in the download section. Done in september last year.

As well as being historical, they include British and German squads, and both require Edwards Flanders terrain (cambrai map wasn't available when Charles did these last year), which IMHO, is also feature.

To make them work in EP with newer Camel, Spad7, and Dr1 models, you just need to make a couple of simple changes (as long as you have the extra add-on plane models too of course):

Bloody April: Do Find and Replace using Notepad of "Spad7" with "Spad7_150" in two files in the CAMPAIGNS/BLOODYAPRIL1917 directory - BloodyApril1917_DATA.ini and BloodyApril1917.ini.There is only one occurrence in each file.

Cambrai: Do Find and Replace using Notepad of "Camel" with "CamelF1_130" and and "Dr1" with "FokkerDr1" in two files in the CAMPAIGNS/CAMBRAI1917 directory - Cambrai1917_DATA.ini and Cambrai1917.ini. There is one occurrence of each in the second file, and several of each in first.

Edited by peter01

Hello Peter01,

I was somewhat dissapointed with the results of the EP patch. Now with your mega-effort I've deleted everything and will start anew. Thank you very much for your tremendous efforts.

Regards,

Tooner

BTW: I cant find Bortdafarm's Martinsyde S1 in the dowmload section.

Thanks for all your hard work, Peter. Looking forward to starting over too, and giving it a new go.

Guitar

Salute Peter01

I have been manually loading each A/C into my new EP_Oct07 install one at a time. Then I have tested each of your super FMs before proceding to the next A/C. After two days of exhaustive training, I have yet to get the Nieuport 11 off the runway without a CnB. The engine torque appears to be very high but power is not sufficient enough to get the 'Bebe' off the ground. As I start to pickup speed, the plane tips hard right. I attempt to compensate with a hard left aileron and hard left rudder but I cannot seem to get my tail off the turf before I do a bad ground-loop, ending in a resulting firey crash. The only way I can successfully lift off in formation with the squadron is to use AutoPilot until I am well off the ground and then build sufficient air speed to be manuvorable. Could you suggest what needs to be tweaked to get the A/C to be a little less tempormental? The N11 has always been one of my favorite early war years A/C to fly. Oh, BTW, I am using the HARD option. TK has suggested to drop down to NORMAL. I bet the Fokker DR1 is a pill to launch as well. What I have noticed in my testing...The later Nieuports are difficult but not impossible at take-off using you FMs.

OlPaint01

Salute Peter01

I have been manually loading each A/C into my new EP_Oct07 install one at a time. Then I have tested each of your super FMs before proceding to the next A/C. After two days of exhaustive training, I have yet to get the Nieuport 11 off the runway without a CnB. The engine torque appears to be very high but power is not sufficient enough to get the 'Bebe' off the ground. As I start to pickup speed, the plane tips hard right. I attempt to compensate with a hard left aileron and hard left rudder but I cannot seem to get my tail off the turf before I do a bad ground-loop, ending in a resulting firey crash. The only way I can successfully lift off in formation with the squadron is to use AutoPilot until I am well off the ground and then build sufficient air speed to be manuvorable. Could you suggest what needs to be tweaked to get the A/C to be a little less tempormental? The N11 has always been one of my favorite early war years A/C to fly. Oh, BTW, I am using the HARD option. TK has suggested to drop down to NORMAL. I bet the Fokker DR1 is a pill to launch as well. What I have noticed in my testing...The later Nieuports are difficult but not impossible at take-off using you FMs.

OlPaint01

Hmmm, thats interesting.... just tried it again, it takes off fine for me, climbs pretty well, picks up speed nicely too.

A qualification on "fine" in takeoff, yes it is tricky, does want to flip to the right, and you do need to apply left aileron and left rudder as you stated. Many FMs were either hard to get to takeoff or control on takeoff, its a "feature" of the EP, and especially earlier planes. It was a challenge in itself. So yeah, some can be a handful I guess.

Best advice I can give is .......... set throttle to 0% before starting. The initial one or two seconds for some reason is when planes tend to be the most volatile, they settle after that. If this doesn't work then, let me know.

Edited by peter01

Well, Peter, I've finally found some spare time to try out your new FMs and most everything else and I'm impressed! The AI, both enemy and friendly, is superb! Probably the best I've seen in any sim. My flight mates are out performing me. In fact in one mission the #4 man got all four kills! I have tried the reduced bullet weight before and was not convinced it was the best way to go but it appears you have got it figured out. It also appears you have got the damage model sorted out too. No more easy maneuvering with only one aileron. :biggrin: I haven't tried the campaigns yet (need to get all the planes together) but I'm sure they will be just as enjoyable. You've definitely taken First Eagles to the next level. Great job!! :good:

Hello Peter01

Of all your aircraft FMs I have tryed so far, the Nieuport 11 takes the most finess during the takeoff roll to get off the ground safely without crashing. I finally am getting good at it. I can see now why a young pilot, fresh out of flight school, might die a firey death in frequent runway accidents. I discovered I must get the tail off the ground as quickly as possible by adding a good deal of down elevator in addition to applying full left aileron. I have to play the left rudder to keep me heading straight down the runway. I also have to blip the engine if I feel my kite tipping to the right. Once the wheels are off the grass, I can stay airboure and accelerate to flight speed. Thanks for the advice.

I have enrolled in flight school to learn to fly Fokker Eindeckers. Wish me luck!

OlPaint01

Well, Peter, I've finally found some spare time to try out your new FMs and most everything else and I'm impressed! The AI, both enemy and friendly, is superb! Probably the best I've seen in any sim. My flight mates are out performing me. In fact in one mission the #4 man got all four kills! I have tried the reduced bullet weight before and was not convinced it was the best way to go but it appears you have got it figured out. It also appears you have got the damage model sorted out too. No more easy maneuvering with only one aileron. :biggrin: I haven't tried the campaigns yet (need to get all the planes together) but I'm sure they will be just as enjoyable. You've definitely taken First Eagles to the next level. Great job!! :good:

Thanks Tailspin. I'd agree they are the best in any sim. Having good wingmates makes it more personal and immersive too.

Hello Peter01

Of all your aircraft FMs I have tryed so far, the Nieuport 11 takes the most finess during the takeoff roll to get off the ground safely without crashing. I finally am getting good at it. I can see now why a young pilot, fresh out of flight school, might die a firey death in frequent runway accidents. I discovered I must get the tail off the ground as quickly as possible by adding a good deal of down elevator in addition to applying full left aileron. I have to play the left rudder to keep me heading straight down the runway. I also have to blip the engine if I feel my kite tipping to the right. Once the wheels are off the grass, I can stay airboure and accelerate to flight speed. Thanks for the advice.

I have enrolled in flight school to learn to fly Fokker Eindeckers. Wish me luck!

OlPaint01

:lol: well the Nieuports are the hardest to takeoff, I think. The Nieuport 11 is tricky. If you mastered that, you passed flight school.

If too annoying in terms of flipping to the right, you can offset this by increasing prop torque (in the positive, or less negative). Converse if other planes tend to flip to left. It does change the feel and how they fly a bit, depending on how big the change is. For Nieuport 11 the following change will give you an idea:

MomentOfInertia=-2.90 is current value, change to MomentOfInertia=2.90

Edited by peter01

Uploaded some mods to several FMs. The main download has been updated (with readme errors corrected), and there is a seperate additional download for those that have already downloaded the main package.

Morane L/LAO. I must have missed testing the AI after the last (minor!) changes, and the AI was too good. MSL is also slightly different now.

Pfalz EIV, Fokker EIV, Fokker EIVa have had their performance improved.

Pfalz EV is a new FM.

Triplane, Pup, Fokker D8 are improved FMs. These are better, and am pleased, as I think I have finally done a decent Fokker D8 FM.

Thanks Peter01

Your diligence is amazing. You have managed to complete this update before I have installed and flown the first release (still fiddling with recovery from HD problem).

If you were on the payroll I'd recommend a raise. :biggrin:

sinbad

Peter.... great job on the early war planes... after a ton of missions in that area I must say I had a blast. Very nice to be back in those planes again. :clapping:

I think the final set just nailed it. Great work :good: