Sign in to follow this  
peter01

FMs Uploaded

Thanks Firecage, think thats right, and glad your enjoying them.

Edited by peter01

Thanks Firecage, think thats right, and glad your enjoying them.

I'm really loving them too.my wife was wondering why I was bobing and weaving lastnight,I didn't realize that I was trying to duck under planes as they flew at me.The AI is really agressive and I'm have a hell of a time trying to not die...in a good way,many many thanks. :notworthy:

Thanks for letting me know.

I do the FMs for myself of course, but upload them hoping others will enjoy them too.... and preparing/finalising/testing stuff to upload takes a few weeks, so appreciate your post.

Hi Peter01

Now that I got my rig running right, I am finally able to fly your new package of mods. It is an understatement to say I am very pleased indeed! This is a quantum leap from the stock game, and well worth the effort to install. We finally have worthy wingmen, and so do the EA's! The extras add a new feel- view adjustment, gun tweaks, soft head shake etc. You have really outdone yourself, and you set a high bar to begin with.

Thanks again.

sinbad

Thanks Sinbad.

I know you like the early war period, so let me know what you think about this area. I'm redoing some things here, but its hard to get right, so feedback appreciated, from you and others.

Some of the things on the cards:

Redoing some damage modelling. Some errors, and some early planes are still too fragile.

Currently redoing just a couple of FMs, probably only Fokker Es, these are important... so they feel better, more personality, performance improved.

Redoing some AI, some are a bit too sprightly, but can be made better too without being too hyper.

Next will do Borts Alb D1 and Alb D2s.

Cheers

Several changes/additions. The main package has been updated, and there is seperate download (should be available shortly) for the changed FMs as well. If you have the models, and haven't made changes to the FMs, I'd recommend just installing these, they are an improvement to my last lot.

Bortdafarms Albatros D1, D2, D2L, D2Oef are new FMs. Gambit has also done some skins for these, available here at Combat Ace.

Fokker E1, E1a, E3, E3a, E4, E4a are improved FMs - perfomance and feel.

Camel F1 130 (torque was wrong, takeoff difficult, now as per original stock)

6 FMs changed slightly for feel and/or performance: AlbatrosD3OAW, AlbatrosD3OEF_200, AlbatrosD5, Se5a, F2B, Dolphin.

19 other FMs with minor changes, mainly for the early period , mostly to AI parameters, and damage modelling, and for a few, some tweaking of stalls: Camel F1 150, Spad 7 180, Pfalz D3, Fokker B2, Fokker D2, Fokker D3, Pfalz E1, Pfalz E3, Halberstadt D3, Avro 504D, Martinsyde S1, Martinsyde G100, Dh2, Fe2b, Morane N, Morane H, Morane L, Morane L 2 seater.

This will be the last for a while. Yeah, i know, said that before, but they are probably as good as I can do, and with DM, AI, the testing is becoming overwhelming. If there are any probs, let me know, I'll either let you know a workaround, or upload a fix.

Cheers

Edited by peter01

Good Grief Peter01! :fans:

Are you working on these full time? I can hardly keep up.

Thanks for the updates, DL now. I'll try to get them installed over the weekend. If you say they are improvements, I am certain they will be worth folding in.

sinbad

Good Grief Peter01! :fans:

Are you working on these full time? I can hardly keep up.

Thanks for the updates, DL now. I'll try to get them installed over the weekend. If you say they are improvements, I am certain they will be worth folding in.

sinbad

Yes, at times its almost full-time.

What i really need to do is find a new job. Bit too comfortable. FE has been an challenge and diversion.

BTW, for an easily modded game, having one person doing all the mods to FMs and AI is probably ideal, given the assumption that you think that the work is good. Otherwise it just becomes inconsistent, as it was in the early days - and it is impossible to get everything consistent unless one person or team do it with that in mind. To me thats important. And maybe an advantage FE has over other Thirdwire sims too?

But now that its done, hopefully others will add or modify things, theres a framework, for better or worse? And certainly lots of examples of FMs and AI done differently to one another and to TKs, that can be built on.

Of course the next challege is to update things for a current patch. I doubt I will ever do this, certainly not for a full set of planes. And even then, only if TK makes some "must have" improvements....mainly sounds and campaigns and ground objects and balloon damage effects. It looks like he will do further Expansion packs (said so on his Forum), but if its the usual same old changes to Flight Model and some extra planes, then not me - I'll just port the models to the Oct 2007 version and do FMs for them that work. Having a full set of planes that works well is my main goal, minor improvements are secondary and not worth 3-6 months of my time.

But TK surprises us all the time, so you never know....and we should be lobbying him to make the changes we want. We don't do that much now, its a problem I think unless TK visits this site to see whats happening. He does listen, he made many changes in the EP that were raised earlier..... stalls, better AI, engine starts, damage modelling, collisions, harder and better FMs, some improvements to campaigns.

As it is, IMO this is far and away the best WW1 game around as is, and TK is so talented it could be the best for many years.

Hi Peter, just wanted to say "thanks" for your great work on the FM/AI and the rest. I finally bought the expansion for FE today and could at last try your last pack with the stock models, very impressive !

Now I need to get enough time to setup all the additionnal planes and to seriously play a campaign, but I'm already totally hooked to FE.

If only all the excellent stuff made for that game could be joined in one big "user friendly" pack :biggrin:

Cheers !

Thanks Mikhayl, glad you like it. Its not as bad as it first may seem, but it sure does take some downloading :biggrin:, but worth it as the addon planes make it all worthwhile.