Sign in to follow this  
JonathanRL

Nato Fighters 3 - Official Hype/Wish Thread: or how to have your cake and eat it !

Well, seeing that NF3 was mentioned, but do not have a thread, I tought to create one...

Let the Hype and Wishing begin.

Wishing:

- Carrier Operations

- Swedish Air Force

Hype

- Its going to be as Awesome as the former two.

Take it away...

Wishing:

-French air force in 1968 and 1979

-Austrian Draken?

-More WP squadrons (GDR and such)

-A mid-1980 campaign? (With Mirage 2000, and why not advanced MiGs?)

(Bear) Bomber interceptions.

C5 said that carrier operations were down the road from NF3. We don't have a Bear bomber yet, so don't count on that one.

Wishing: That one of these might be appearing over Europe - TSR 2, SR 71, Mig 31, F117, B1, B2.

Lots and lots of carriers

WoI patch ready i.e. modern radar and hud, ccip is good

It comes with a steak and a slice of grilled haloumi

Hype:

There WILL be space weapons including a dark side of the moon terrain, a deathstar and instead of the "wall" you meet the inner edge of a dyson sphere, there are new pilot models based on the space aliens under Dave's pile of UFO spares, it is even rumoured that Chuck Norris approves this mod

But the hottest news of all.. Twwwwwwo weeeeeeeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes:

Guys,

I want to nip this one in the bud early.

Yes, I too eagerly await NF3. So do many many others.

There are a lot of very talented people at work on it. When they want to release some info, they will. Let's just let them get on with it. Remember many modders wear more than just one hat, endless speculation and a wish list won't move it on any faster.

I suggest that if you want to discuss it, pm a friend and take it there.

Remember, be careful what you wish for !

NF3's makers may or may not wish to divulge anything, I'll leave that option up to them.

Patience. It's not a virtue for nothing ! :wink:

Paitence my ass...I wanna kill something!!! :rofl:

OTH, everything is waiting on The Next Patch . As are MANY new aircraft mods. Don't expect anything before TK (and the Beta Testers) say it's ready.

So, as our Resident Fly-Girl says, speculation at this point is moot.

Wrench

kevin stein

But I want it now.... :(

Tought I admit, point taken :).

I think I keep my J29s facing Venoms meanwhile....

Edited by tigertompa

One thing that I have learned from TK is not to promise too much too early, as circumstances can and do cause plans to change.

That said, I can bring you up to date on the project:

1. The only aircraft that are 100% sure to be included are the Mirage Factory A-7D and Erikgen's G.91. I am sure there will be others, but nothing has been finalized.

2. I am also looking at some new terrain tiles (there are at least a couple of sets to choose from, and permission must be secured), as well as cellinsky's new environment mod.

3. There will be no strategic assets added (so no SR-71, etc.) Others are working on "strategic" mods but I don't consider the TW series to be a good playground for that for a number of reasons, including the lack of pre-flight planning detail, no aerial refueling, small-scale maps, etc. So the focus will stay tactical. (Should more tactical recon assets become available, such as the RF-84, RF-101, recon Swift and Hunter, etc. those would be a welcome addition).

4. I'm waffling on the naval side of things. Nothing has been decided. Probably not in NF3 but who knows...we really need some high quality, fair-use carriers (particularly the Midway and Forrestal classes, not only for this mod but also for Red Madagascar, which is not completely dead yet despite being announced so many years ago).

5. Sweden. Would love to include some Swedish squadrons, but I am torn on the issue of accuracy. Perhaps someone can help by explaining the Swedish defense posture during the 60s and 70s. Would Swedish squadrons have been deployed to NATO bases in Western Europe? My gut says no, but...

6. France. Very possible to see some additional French units in NF3. Despite leaving NATO, it seems almost inconceivable that they would not have deployed to NATO bases if the Soviets had attacked.

I'm interested in hearing any opinions, especially on the French and Swedish questions!

You should get with Julhelm for the Swedish part of it. I am sure he knows a bit about it.

6. France. Very possible to see some additional French units in NF3. Despite leaving NATO, it seems almost inconceivable that they would not have deployed to NATO bases if the Soviets had attacked.

I'm interested in hearing any opinions, especially on the French and Swedish questions!

France did not leave the military alliance, the Atlantic pact. What France government did at that time was to leave the integrated command structures, in order to have french commanded by french (especially the nukes). But as De Gaulle said several time (and his successors too): in case of any invasion of western Europe, France would have stood with its allies.

In an even more precise way: it is doubtfull that french 1st army (the one in FRG) would have stood still with soviet shells and bombs falling, tanks rolling, etc... France could have been neutral were the occupations forces withdrawn from FRG, but staying in the military alliance and staying in Germany indicated to the soviet what to expect from France: resistance alongside Nato, plus France independance to use its own armies and nukes if necessary (read in case of too heavy bombardement or french territory invasion).

For me: definitively in.

Sweden was and still is neutral. Swedish had to answer here: it's conceivable that some operations would have been conducted against Norway by the Soviet. Would and could Sweden have been dragged into the conflict despite of neutrality?

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

That would probably be dependant on the circumstances of the conflict. A pure territory grab by the Soviets could easily see the Swedes pulled in if they were attacked, but a confrontation arising from something specific like a cuban missile crisis, probably not.

Two suggestions if you're taking any: Helicopter units integrated into the campaign. Every once and a while they'll show up in a regular campaign for FAC or something and work alright usually. It'd be great to see a flight of hueys or blackhawks flying in to drop off troops (recce mission to have them show up and fly to a particular area, purely cosmetic) Or have cobras and apache's doing CAS missions. That is, if people would get over the rifts between modder groups.

Or perhaps a 1989 scenario a la World In Conflict.

Just my two cents.

Or perhaps a 1989 scenario a la World In Conflict.

A post-1979 scenario is in the works but it will require both the MF MiG-29 and Mirage 2000 among others, so won't be a part of NF3.

well, i wish we had a real invasion in america at WiC Style.... :cool:

cargos arriving in NY , paratoopers being deployed in Burger kings o/

the inverse is too apreciated , like giving CAS over St.Petesburg xD

Edited by Silverbolt

C5, great to know you are planning to make NF3!

Any chances of adding more RED side airforces (GDR, Poland, Czechoslovakia)?

If you'll need some tuning/upgrating of my forests mod, I'll be happy to participate.

i would like to see some more red units too...

some cool carrier sqadrons (France, Italy, Spain & UK)

Edited by Soulfreak

Has there been a Tomcat in NATO Fighters? Because if they are not included yet, you know they are a must-have.

Only problem is that WoE as we know it is not that carrier-friendly.

My only wish is that you guys take your time and do what's necessary for this to be as awesome as the previous NatoFighters installments. :wink:

My only wish is that you guys take your time and do what's necessary for this to be as awesome as the previous NatoFighters installments. :wink:

Seconded.

About Sweden. Sweden is not that neutral and this was a constant debate. We had Soviet Submarines up our backyard during the seventies and eighies, exercised with NATO units etc etc. Like somebody else said, we would be likely targets if there was a planned invasion like the two later scenarios in WoE. I would actually not see a problem having swedish units deployed in Western Europe since the only way the Soviets would be able to get there was to run the Gauntlet between Swedish Subs and Aircraft. Also, Swedish Units would probably be deployed in order to assist Norway but I dont really see why they would not send down one or two squadrons to Europe.

Good reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_neutrality

And the Denmarks used Drakens anyhow so no excuse not to have em :biggrin:

Also, MF MiG-29s? :clapping: I have been gone for a long time...

Edited by tigertompa

Hi there,

I would like to see more WP-elements. And maybe something like Red Storm Rising, if possible.

Some people here are also requesting more carriers....sounds good, but what about a whole Carrier Battle Group or a Marine Expeditionary Unit?

You guys make a great work....congrats

Edited by Tomas1975

I'd like some Spanish units (suitable for the future mid-80's campaign)

I know the task of Spain is to mantain the ocean lines open, but what about a small detachment of Spanish F4C??

well, i wish we had a real invasion in america at WiC Style.... :cool:

cargos arriving in NY , paratoopers being deployed in Burger kings o/

the inverse is too apreciated , like giving CAS over St.Petesburg xD

Wouldn't go too well, we probably have more guns per capita than anywhere else in the world. Everyone and their grandmother would be taking pot shots at an invader the second people knew about it. :minigun:

I always thought it would be cool if NF was integrated/compatible with Bunyaps weps pack. As is it is right now, you can have a NF install, and then all the other mods that require the weps pack need to be in a separate install. If they were compatible, Nato Fighters could become the standard step after patching and weps pack install, and then folks could mod on top of that.

:ok: