Right, here's the situation..... I have the exact same sound, graphics and gameplay settings on both WOE, WOV and SFG. All games are up to date. I play SFG and I have my cockpit windloop sound effect. But wait for it, yes, you've guessed it; I play WOE and it's absent.

For those (like me) who like their in-flight experience to be as realistic as possible, this is both very strange and annoying. :aggressive:

Anybody know what the problem might be? :dntknw:

Each aircraft has it's own WindSoundName= in the Data.ini.

The generic is called windloop.wav, do you have one in your sounds directory?

If not, filch it from one of your other installs...

Each aircraft has it's own WindSoundName= in the Data.ini.

The generic is called windloop.wav, do you have one in your sounds directory?

If not, filch it from one of your other installs...

All these have been changed to 'windloop2' which I downloaded from some previous soundpack. I've already changed all the above mentioned DATA.INI files to point to that .wav file when I downloaded WOE a couple of months ago. I just find it strange that it won't work in WOE while working in SFG. It really gives an atmosphere to my 'working environment' while flying.

A thought's just occured to me. Is there an .ini folder somewhere where you can specify the default wind sound for all aircraft? I've been through all my aircraft folders and everything seems to be where it should be