Sign in to follow this  

Hi, does anyone know if there is one in the works or is it possible to tinker with a-tema's hurricanes to prodduce the ground attack variant? thx. see here:

Hurricane IV

The last major change to the Hurricane was to "rationalise" the wing, configuring it with a single design able to mount two bombs, two 40 mm Vickers S guns, or eight "60 pounder" RP-3 rockets. The new design also incorporated the improved Merlin 24 or 27 engines of 1,620 hp (1,208 kW), equipped with dust filters for desert operations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Hurricane

post-2035-1215466022_thumb.jpg

Stick with the "C" model. Those 4 hispano suiza 20 mike mikes usually do the job.

If you need something heavier you should of probably brought some bombs.

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

true, but rocket attacks are better than bombs.

Why not just make the Hurricane C equipt with rockets? I'm sure the July '06 has some sort of Allied WWII rockets which could fill in.

DAT Hurricanes:

The 2D has the Vickers S-Type 40s built in under the wing plus 2 303s;

The 2C has the 4 Hiso 20s, 2 underwing bomb/FT stations.

None of the Hurri's are tropicalized; that is to say, no Vokes filter assembly.

Adding the rockets is an extreamly simple matter of just adding the hardpoints, both to the /Weapons section and /Left and Right Wing systems, then adding them to the Loadout ini.

For those not familiar with the WepPak, they're called "60lb_rocket'', and have been available for a verrry long time. The only thing is, there are NO rocket rails on the wings, as they have to be built into the physical model (look at the Spit 22/46, Seafire 47 for examples). Highly doubtfull they'll get added.

Wrench

kevin stein

20 mike mike, and 60lb rockets? I wish I could take my SEAC skins from PF here with me.

Edited by charlielima

DAT Hurricanes:

The 2D has the Vickers S-Type 40s built in under the wing plus 2 303s;

The 2C has the 4 Hiso 20s, 2 underwing bomb/FT stations.

None of the Hurri's are tropicalized; that is to say, no Vokes filter assembly.

Adding the rockets is an extreamly simple matter of just adding the hardpoints, both to the /Weapons section and /Left and Right Wing systems, then adding them to the Loadout ini.

For those not familiar with the WepPak, they're called "60lb_rocket'', and have been available for a verrry long time. The only thing is, there are NO rocket rails on the wings, as they have to be built into the physical model (look at the Spit 22/46, Seafire 47 for examples). Highly doubtfull they'll get added.

Wrench

kevin stein

Hi all :yes:

About racks: I experimented with F-84F Triple rocket rack. I tried some changes with Firefly. Not finished (I fixed it with different way...).

Racks.jpg

Here is theory:

You can create new rack named Rck60lb for example. Than you can delete two rocket positions - you need just one rocket of course. Sinchronise aircraft and missile AttachmentType=... etc.

[WeaponDataxxxx]

TypeName=Rck60lb

FullName=60lb rockets rack

ModelName=rcktrpl

RocketTypeName=60lb-rocket

NumRockets=1

Rocket01Position=0.000000,0.200000,-0.300000 ------- this is example. Donno right values

Than create rocket wep stations under Hurri wings.You need add RP to AllowedWeaponClass=RP and you need play with AttachmentPosition= to hide original rocket parts which are not needed to see (if it is possible. That rack is relatively high).

This is shorted standard creating weps station proces, as we know.

Problem is that Rack is too high/large

Rack2.jpg

You can move it bit down of course...

But problem is with another stations closer to wing end. Maybe is similar rack model in weps pack :dntknw: On the other hand, I do not know exact rocket positions on real Hurri (maybe it is not needed move racks too close to wing end), so maybe this F-84 rack will be really usable for Hurri.

Just my opinion.

Edited by kukulino

The C with 60lb or HVAR rockets would be the hot ticket. My gripe with the 40mm on the MK IV is you don't have many shots. If you get bounced by a bad guy or find a target of oppurtunity you only have 2 X 303s to shoot if you're not lucky enough to have a burst or 2 left in the 40mm. If the IV had 4 X 50 cal stuffed in the wings different story. Yah. Blasting away on a destroyer, small merchant, or surfaced sub in a hurricane with the 2 X 40mm is a beutifull thing. If one must have 2 X 40mm on thier prop ride all I can think of would be either put it in a big pod for an F-82 or put them in the nose of a PBJ/B-25, F7F, P-38, A-20, A-26, Ventura, Hudson, Harpoon, Neptune, Mosquito, or C-47. 1 or 2 in the nose of a Grumman goose would be a gas. Lots of room for ammo. Any plane with a bomb bay could also have the 2 guns mounted in a tray also. I think the ME-110s hauled thier big cannon that way. Either in a tray or the nose the weapon could be accesible to the crew and could be hand loaded. I bet somebody else has said this or something similar in a dark smoke filled room 40, 50, 60, and 70 years ago.

Hmm. an A-26 or P2V with a 2 X 40mm tray in the bombay?

Edited by charlielima

That's an interestering work-around, Kuko!!! I like it!!! Having done some similar things meself; I applaud the ingenuity. I should have plenty of pictures around here of the rack positions (SAM Modelrs Datafile #2 on the Hurricane I KNOW has some excellent drawing/photos)

It's very similiar to what I did to Wolf's F4U-1 to create the -1D with rocket stations. I just took the data ini entries from the Mustang, and then adjusted their positions.

Like I said, it's a very doable thing...just need time to fiddle with it. I'll add it to my list...which seems to be getting larger day by day (I just realized yesturday there are 4 B-49 mods I've never finished! With a 5th reskin for What If Korea planned)

As to the SEAC skin, it's stock on the 2B for 30 Squadron. Could use some new decaling for serials and ID letters; again, that ain't no thing.

Wrench

kevin stein

Ok after mulling this around in my head, I ACTUALLY went back and looked at the stock 2C version I have in the MTO install.

It already HAS the 60# rockets as a default load, even though the rockets themselves aren't available until 1943. There's just no mounting rails. They kinda 'wedge up' under the wing.

Fiddling with the skin, I finally got the gun barrels colored, albeit by cheating and using a decal.

Quicky reskin for it, using my original 213 Squadron skin; not quite finished, still have to adjust the decal size for the individual letters:

hurri2c-trop.jpg

Bombs on this, obviously, instead of rockets.

And to let you all know, Capun just released a SeaHurri 2C Trop, with the Vokes type filter AND rocket rails! I left him a message asking for one without the arrestor hook, so a Mk.IV can be made.

Wrench

kevin stein