uncle-sam.jpg

I need you!

A couple of days ago, Sony Tuckson posted a comment to my latest update report on WOE:BC. It became clear to me from his comment, that i don't know everything on the period that I want to depict in my campaign, especially concerning weapon loadouts.

So I thought I could submit each loadout to the community, watch the feedback and correct the campaign based on that feedback. So here is the first aircraft the F-16C block 30.

Timeframe: 1989 - 1990

Aircraft: F-16C Block 30

Operator: USAF

Missions: Sweep, Cap, Strike, CAS and Armed Recon

Loadout A: Sweep/Cap

4 x Aim-9L

2 x 370 Gal Wing Tanks

1 x An/Alq-131

F-16C_blk_airtoair.jpg

Loadout B: Strike

4 x Aim-9L

4 x AGM-65D

6 x Mk 82 Snake Eye

1 x An/Alq-131

F-16C_blk_strike.jpg

Loadout C: CAS/Armed Recon

4 x Aim-9L

4 x AGM-65D

6 x CBU-59

1 x An/Alq-131

F-16C_blk_attack.jpg

Any comment or suggestion is more then welcome, in the comming days I will post more loadouts. You can also read my latest blog entry here.

Happy Flying

Kingalbert

Edited by KingAlbert

Why not as some AMRAAMs to the wing tip pylons?

If AMRAAM was operational during your campaign's timeframe I agree with Viggen. I'd have to look as to when the AIM-120 became operational, but I know when we recieved our F-16Cs in 1991 in the 122 FW Indiana ANG they were AMRAAM capable. AIM-120s could be carried on the tip rails as well as the outboard and middle wing pylons at least. Also it became standard to put the AIM-120s on the wingtip rails instead of the AIM-9 due to better aerodynamic qualities of having the AMRAAM mounted there, though I don't remember 'exactly' what was said in that reguard.

You might also try to get in touch with Weasel Keeper here. He is an F-16C Crew Chief with the 122 FW Indiana ANG. I bet he can give you a very accurate idea of proper loadouts.

The AIM-120 wasnt used (fired) in the 1991 gulf war and AFAIK:

In September 1991, IOC (Initial Operational Capability) was achieved for the AMRAAM on USAF F-15 aircraft. The F-16 followed in January 1992, and the Navy in October 1993. Full-rate production of the missile was approved in April 1992, marking Milestone III. (f-16.net)

Although the site manages to contradict itself elsewhere by saying the block 30B was wired for AIM-120s in 1987 - although will assume that was for testing etc.

So AIM-9L/M would probably be correct - nothing concrete on whether the Block 30 was wired for the AIM-7 in USAF service either.

Whoops! Forgot to look at the time frame. :blush:

That sounds about right MigBuster. We started recieving Hahn AFB and Shaw AFB F-16C-25s in July 1991 and took delivery of the last in October 1991. We wouldn't have gone operational until sometime in 1992. We trained for AMRAAM from the beginning. I remember the weapons guys practicing loading them before most of the pilots were checked out to fly the F-16s.

Edited by drdoyo

Load out B really flips my burger.

:ph34r: CL

Load out B really flips my burger.

:ph34r: CL

In what sense (my english is not always good enough to get the subtelties :biggrin: )

Is it unrealistic? I use those loadouts so that the AI can handle them (I witnessed the AI dropping 6 gbu-12 in a single line on a single target)

Too everybody already thx for your feedback :ok:

Guest Sony Tuckson

I will try to get some more info, but I think that usually on the vipers configured for a2g, one might only load two AIM's (as the viper loaded that way is quite heavy)

yep, I agree with Sony. Load only the wingtip stations with 9M's for A2G.

A common loadout for STRIKE was ECM pod centerline, inner wing tanks, mid-wing TER with mk82 or mk84, outer wing empty , wing tip 9M

(outer wing 2 additional 9M if mission was short range or enough tankers around)

for CAS/ Armed Recce, basically the same as above but either rockeye or other CBU on the mid-wing stations or 4-6 Maverick, depends on the Mav type ( typically only 4 in your selected timeframe)

9M only onthe wingtips with Mavericks loaded 'cause the Mav's already have a high drag with the LAU-88 triple rail

You cannot load 84's on a TER.

Just hadda comment, the former load toad in me just jumps out here and again...

:biggrin:

IIRC, there were some F-15s that carried 120s during Desert Storm, but none were fired. It was sort of an OPEVAL for them before the IOC was reached.

Of course, the biggest thing used then that wasn't yet operational were the J-STARS.

You cannot load 84's on a TER.

Just hadda comment, the former load toad in me just jumps out here and again...

:biggrin:

yea of course, I've meant either mk82's on TER or single mk84's on the mid-wing stations ...... !!!!111!!1

but it was late and some part of the text sneaked away in the darkness ......

Many thanks to every body for their feedback. I finalized the loadout for the F-16C in the campaign. You can check the final loadout on my blog where I posted a little movie of the aircraft and its loadouts.

Keep checking this forum because I have other aircraft and loadouts for which I need your help.

Happy Flying,

KingAlbert

I'd say drop tanks on EVERY configuration...most of the pics, ala Desert Strom, always showed the tanks. For strike, I"d use 2 1000 lbers; I know that's a little 'lite', (exepting for weight!), but seems more likely. Without them, in Real Life ™, they're range would be considerably shortened without the drop tanks.

CAS, I'd unload the CBUs ( and like CharlieLima, one of my favs!), and go for Mavericks. And again, drop tanks and winders on the tip rails.

Just my thoughts..

Wrench

kevin stein

for the CAS i would ditch the CBU-59's and toss on 2 CBU-87's, CBU-89's or CBU-97's instead. thats what i used to send out to the flightline all the time. for strikes, load it up with a few 500 lb GBU's or JDAM's or even dumb bombs.

edit: nevermind... im thinking about the timeframe i was working ammo. your looking for a loadout for 1990 not 2000.

some other quick info.

Specialized F-16A/B aircraft serving with air defense units of the Air National Guard could carry and launch the AIM-7 Sparrow missile from the outermost underwing hardpoints. most likely the M or P version. also the Mk83's werent widely used, so stick the 82's and 84's.

Edited by rovert97