Sign in to follow this  
cpt.bhern

Another noob question

Hello, I just joined, and I d/l the afterburner texture by Twig, and I am not sure how to install it. The readme says to put in the flightdata.cat and back up original. How do I open the .cat file? Do I need a special program or the sdk? Thanks for any help.

Hi cpt,

D/l the SFP1E File Extract Util from here.Find the AFTERBURNER.TGA

in Flight/Flight Data,extract it,the file will got to your Strike Fighter/Flight folder,go there and change the extracted AFTERBURNER.TGA file with the one you want.Back up the orig.

dfang

Guest Sony Tuckson

>Dfang

you love it complicated? :lol::lol:

kidding

but why extract a file to overwrite it with another one?

in this case, the only thing is to find the right folder to place the file in

(you named it..)

as for CAT files, only working one way, you can extract any file in there, but no recompile it

just edit the desired files and place them in the right folder (depends from the files), game will use those

>Sony Tuckson

You are correct,i was tryin to help the only way i knew how,based on the question.This sim has some quirkie little issues,a lot of which i don't understand,but putting that aside its nice to have some very experienced

people like yourself to help us DOLTS along the way.... :lol:

dfang

Thanks guys!!! I got the SFP1E File Extract Util , and it seems to work. I also d/l some missions, but don't see them in single player.Is this normal, or are they for multiplayer? Thanks again.