Sign in to follow this  
Firecage

WIP : Plane Fest II (Now available)

Ok Im down to some final testing to check for balance between the plane upgrades and I should have the new one released this week if all goes well.

I have done a bit of work on trying to get more events going in the missions and I think I have it where there should be quite a few missions going on at the same time. I have seen many bomber groups flying by, Squads returning home from a sweep, and also tanks and inf fights near the front.

This is not totally historic but its close to the correct release dates on planes. I went for the fun and immersion factor more than history.

I will probably set up an ace in almost every squad and some many have extras. As well I am including a few base moves to simulate the war moving forward and backwards during the years.

THIS CAMPAIGN IS DESIGNED FOR USE ON FIRST EAGLES + THE EXP PACK BUT NO APRIL PATCH

THIS CAMPAIGN WAS BUILT AND DESIGNED USING PETER01'S NEW FM SET SO PLEASE GET THEM INSTALLED FOR THIS TO WORK WELL AND BE BALANCED RIGHT.

So far the list of planes is almost every FM peter included on his download.

RAF Fighters:

MSTypeH

MSTypeL

moraneN

Avro504D

Fe2B

Dh2

MartinsydeG100

Fe8

Pup

Br14

F2B

Fe2C

Triplane

CamelF1_110

CamelF1_130

SE5a

Dolphin

CamelF1_150

Snipe

French Fighters:

MSTypeH

MSTypeL

moraneN

Fe2B

Nieuport11

Nieuport16

Nieuport17bis

Nieuport17

SPAD7_150

N24bis

Hanriot

Hanriot_CAM

Hanriot_Dual

SPAD7_180

N24

N27

N27_DUAL

N27_FAS

N27_RFC

SPAD13

N28

German Fighters:

PfalzEI

PfalzEIII

FokkerEI

FokkerEIa

FokkerBII

FokkerEIII

PfalzEIV

PfalzEV

FokkerEIIIa

FokkerEIV

Fokker DII

Fokker DIIIL

FokkerEIVa

AlbatrosD1

Fokker DIII

HalbD3

AlbatrosD2

OefAlbatrosDII

AlbatrosD3_160

AlbatrosD3

AlbatrosD3_OAW

AlbatrosD5

AlbatrosD5a

PfalzD3

FokkerDr1

PfalzD8

SchuckertD3

FokkerD7

PfalzD12

FokkerD7F

FokkerD8

As for the bombers these are the planes you will need to get this to work right…

Allied Light Attack Bombers:

MSTypeLAO

BE-2A

BE-2

BE-2D

Re8

Salmson2A

Allied Heavy Attack Bombers:

SP3

Ca3

HP400

German Light Attack Bombers:

PfalzBI

PfalzEIIIO

PfalzEIIIAO

AviatikC2

Fokker BI

Walfisch

AEG G4

German Heavy Attack Bombers:

DFWC1

Staaken

DFWC5

AEG G4

GothaGIV

I have split up the light bombers and heavy bombers into certain squads. This way each one is set up to do a different kind of attack. This have had the effect of having quite a few missions going on at the same time your missions are happening. Many bombing runs will be happening as you fly around. I have also increased the amount of bombers in each squad so there are more of them in the air at any one time.

Also included again will be the cambrai_targets.ini file for more balloons and AAA (this works well with peters mod for harder balloons and tanks earlier in the war.

Also included will be the Campaign screens from the Cambrai Fest I as well as the sounds library so you can have a new sound for most every plane.

I will leave some notes up on this thread later today after work on the progress.

More updates later

Firecage

Edited by Firecage

Another addition to the new campaign will be 5 different time rates for the _data file. These are set for 3,5,7,10,15 day flight rotation. THe lower numbers will have you in the same planes for more missions while the 15day file will only have you fly every 15 days so you will see plane upgrades faster.

I am also working on having even larger bomber squads in formations, I would like to get it where there may be upwards of 12-20 bombers in a squad on attack and strike runs.

I am expanding the new wwicambrai_targets file to include even more AAA sites so the skies will be filled with AAA fire and the look of the area will be very war like and black AAA puffs everywhere around a target zone.

I am also working some code to try and direct the flow of the ground troops and tanks to certain areas so I can have maybe 5 of 6 different Fests for us and each would have a different tactical way it played out on the ground war. Not sure If I know enough of the code to get this part going but I am looking into it.

More soon and probably a release this weekend of the 1st version.

Ok I have it all ready for the 1st release of the full war version.. April 1st 1915 to late 1918. I will get it uploaded to CA tomorrow morning.