Sign in to follow this  
LordOliver

MP and custom skins

I'm sure this is addressed in the up-coming patch, but thought I would post it. There is no mechanism for handling MP games where pilots are using custom skins. To others, a player using a customn skin appears pure white.

How will this work out? In IL-2 skins are downloaded by other players, but the sizes are so much smaller. Will custom skins show up if others have the same ones loaded on their system or will defaults be shown?

Just curious.

This would be a nice addition to the game, having this multiplayer skin transfer capability. Make it another step towards being first class and competition for other sims.

It's my understanding that Players will be able to see another players custom skin in MP if they have previously downloaded it and installed it.

Unfortunately it does not file xfer like IL2, but it will still work

CHeers

That is great to hear! :) The transfer of skins would be too much as the file sizes are fairly large to make it feasable.

I guess my biggest concern is that if I do not have the same custom skin as someone else, all I see of their plane is a ghost white model with no markings. It would be nice if the game at least displayed the default skins in this case.

This is, of course, a trivial matter. I am having a HOOT of a time at MP :) For all its little faults, I never cease to have a good time flying this sim.

It's my understanding that Players will be able to see another players custom skin in MP if they have previously downloaded it and installed it.

Unfortunately it does not file xfer like IL2, but it will still work

CHeers