Gotta quick question for you guys about adding the 'ol B-58 to WOV. First off let me say that I'm new to combatace and I love this site. I had pretty much written off WOV until I starting playing around with again a couple of weeks ago. Then I stubbled onto to this site and saw the potential for add-ons and skins this game has. I really can't say enough about the wonderful job you all have done in making add-on aircraft and skins. A special thanks to you f-100 skinners who've helped me love flying the hun even more. So, thanks again. Anyway, long story short, I was kicking around here last night and found the B-58 add-on and knew I had to add it to my aircraft inventory. Any super sonic strategic bomber that made the ruskies so terrified they made us sign a treaty forcing us to cut 'em all up is an aircraft I want to be able to fly. Plus, it's simply a beautiful airframe. This brings me to my issue with the download. I unzipped it to my objects-aircraft folder as per the readme and then eagerly started the game to go fly. Only to see it wasn't to be found. Can any of you tell me if the hustler can be added to WOV and if it can is it a flyable aircraft? Hopefully I just have my head up my third point of contact and done something wrong with the installation. In any case if you guys could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

PropMech

Edited by PropMech

Hello, and welcome to the community. I agree, the add-ons are what make this series so awesome, especially the B-58. An outstanding design in both real life and in our virtual skies. I trust you have browsed through the knowledge base, alot of answers are to be found there. The game can be unforgiving of any typing errors in folders, etc. Can you give a little more info? Also, there is an excellent search engine on this site, you can probably dig up lots of other similar queries about adding aircraft.

Ok, once again for the New Members:

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THE KNOWLEDGE BASE -- IT IS NOT FOR GENERAL DISCUSSIONS or QUESTIONS

It exists to GIVE you the answers, usually asked here in the General, Mods & Skinning or other Forums.

Now, to the issue at hand....

It's been a long time since I installed the Hustler, so I don't remember if it came with a cockpit. Aircraft not supplied with one, or pointing to a cockpit that dosen't exist in certain versions of the game will not show on your drop down listing of flyable aircraft.

Can you post the internal contents of the B-58A.ini. Like mine below:

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=B-58A Hustler

AircraftDataFile=B-58_data.ini

CockpitDataFile=B-58_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=B-58_Hangar.bmp

LoadoutImage=B-58_LOADOUT.bmp

LoadingScreen=B-58_loading.bmp

LoadoutFile=B-58_loadout.ini

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=B-58_AVIONICS.INI

If, for some reason you're dosen't look exactly the same, that might be the problem

Also, check for double-nested folders. Sometime the unzipping process creates a 'main' folder named for the aircraft, while the REAL folder, containing the stuff you need is inside.

something like this:

B-58A/B-58A/*all the other bits*

This is one of the reason that it's always reccomended to unzip to a temp directory/folder or your desktop. This allows you to check for these double-nested folders, and lets you move the 'internals' to where they need to go.

BTW, WELCOME TO COMBAT ACE!!! :wink:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Ok, it as the cockpit, the folders are doublenested like u said wrench, so for him to get them, he has to click the folders till it shows the zip files for the pilot and weapons, that is the proper B-58 aircraft folder, hope this helps.

Appreciate the info and insight. I did a search on google and found a site named column 5 with both the B-58 and B-47. I've already installed the B-58 and verified it's in my aircraft inventory. Once again thanks for the help and apologies to you wrench. I'm still learing how this site works and didn't realize this forum wasn't for questions.

Thanks again,

PropMech

Column 5 is a site partner with combatace

No worries, brother! From one wrench bender to another (although it's been several years since I've under the hood...)

Did you get the Hustler sorted out??

Wrench

kevin stein

No worries, brother! From one wrench bender to another (although it's been several years since I've under the hood...)

Did you get the Hustler sorted out??

Wrench

kevin stein

Yep, thanks for the help and while it's a beautiful aircraft I'm sorely disappointed that it tops out at 559 knots. It's either 559 or 595 but either way I was really looking forward to popping VC ear drums on a supersonic low level. Now all I have to do is give my hustler some teeth with a good weapons package and I'll be good to go. Have to root around the weapons downloads for some ordinace. My next order of business is to download the A-10 for some real ground and pound. I downloaded column 5's but it just doesn't look quite right to me so I'll try the a/c add-on here. Of course, being a 130 engine troop I'll have to get around to downloading the Herc. Again I appreciate the help!

Clear skies and good hunting,

PropMech