Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Permission to use MF and 'megapack' aircraft...

Hey folks,

I'm putting together a modern campaign, and I've included an F-16C BLK40 and an F/A-18C. The F-16C consists of the MF F-16A_BLK10_NDC with modified .ini files and loading and hangar screens.

The F/A-18C is the FA-18 "Blue Angels" aircraft from the megapack (I believe it came from check six...?) using the MF FA-18A skins. Then there are a bunch of .ini edits to make it a C and some hangar and loading screens.

Right now I'm just going to post the campaign for testing, and I would like include these aircraft so I don't have to right an elaborate readme for modding them. I know the F/A-18C is in the works, and when it (or an F-16C BLK40 with modern HUD/Avionics) comes out, I'll write that into the campaign instead. But, like I said, for now I just want to be able to have people test it out, and I'd like to include these aircraft for them.

Would this be alright?

Thanks!

Guest Sony Tuckson

I would say, no problem,

I wil double check with all involved and come back with a final reply

Sony, would you check if I could get permission as well?

I'm ever so slowly getting a Janes campaign together that alot of MF aircraft are a must.

Speaking of which, anyone have the pack for download. The C6 download doesn't work.

Depending on whether you want to wait, we have an actual FA-18C in the works.

Depending on whether you want to wait, we have an actual FA-18C in the works.

Well, I'm pretty much ready to post the campaign for some folks. It'll probably be up next week. So for now, I'd like to use the one I've pieced together if possible.

But, like I said, once the MF version comes out, I'll definitely write it into the campaign and abandon my Franken-Hornet. If it's anything like the A-7E's, I'm sure I won't disappointed!!! :clapping:

Considering I still have to do 85% of the terrain work, I can easily wait for a real F/A-18C. Would a D be coming as well?

Considering I still have to do 85% of the terrain work, I can easily wait for a real F/A-18C. Would a D be coming as well?

Yes, update for the A, along with new B, C and D. I can't give an ETA though, so it might be best to press on and add them as they are available.

I can't give an ETA though

Neither can I! :blink: