Sign in to follow this  
darkjak

Max speed 1171 km/h?

While I played today, I noticed that the maximum speed for all of the planes is 1171 km/h. That would have been ok for a game that takes place in the korean war, but the game in question takes place throughout the cold war, with planes capable of M2. Anyhow, anybody got a mod that enables higher speeds?

If you're looking at the little screen at the bottom that gives you your speed/throttle/etc. that's indicating your IAS or "Indicated Airspeed," your True Airspeed (TAS) can be seen on one of the aircraft's gauges or on the HUD in some models. This has been discussed at length before, so either check the Knowledge Base or use the Search.

One quick question: at what altitude are you flying? At low altitude you'll be lucky to break 1.2M even in a fast plane.

If you're looking at the little screen at the bottom that gives you your speed/throttle/etc. that's indicating your IAS or "Indicated Airspeed," your True Airspeed (TAS) can be seen on one of the aircraft's gauges or on the HUD in some models. This has been discussed at length before, so either check the Knowledge Base or use the Search.

One quick question: at what altitude are you flying? At low altitude you'll be lucky to break 1.2M even in a fast plane.

In the planes I've tried, it's as if the plane had hit a wall. I can't break those speeds even if I dive from 20 000 metres at ful throttle.

Which number are you looking at?

BAZTASIAS.jpg

The one in the box is IAS, but the aircraft is going faster. Usually the closer to the ground you are, the closer IAS is to TAS, higher up, the difference gets bigger.

loalt.jpg

Above is the low altitude screen, showing both speeds close to eachother.

hialt.jpg

This shot is at altitude. Note that I am actually traveling at 2.2M, or over 1200 knots, but my IAS is 508kts

pit.jpg

Again, high altitude, IAS is 490kts, but I'm really traveling (TAS) at 1489kts (2.6M). So, look for your TAS indicator. If the TAS is actually 1100km/h or whatever, then I'd say something isn't right, but I'm guessing you're reading the IAS, which tells you roughly how the aircraft is going to handle, not how fast it is really going.

Which number are you looking at?

The one in the box is IAS, but the aircraft is going faster. Usually the closer to the ground you are, the closer IAS is to TAS, higher up, the difference gets bigger.

Above is the low altitude screen, showing both speeds close to eachother.

This shot is at altitude. Note that I am actually traveling at 2.2M, or over 1200 knots, but my IAS is 508kts

Again, high altitude, IAS is 490kts, but I'm really traveling (TAS) at 1489kts (2.6M). So, look for your TAS indicator. If the TAS is actually 1100km/h or whatever, then I'd say something isn't right, but I'm guessing you're reading the IAS, which tells you roughly how the aircraft is going to handle, not how fast it is really going.

you need do some updates in those cockpits :haha:

Actually, those are old photos from when I've explained it before :biggrin:. All of 'em are different now.

The HUD is dependant on the cockpit and jet you fly - looks like hes flying an F-14 above

Dont know what game you have but in WOV only the A-7E had a full HUD in that era AFAIK - and you can download that on this site - all the others in Nam at best had a lead computed gunsight only.

what? - even the Stock F-15 that comes with the game??

Do you get the F-15s radar modes okay like TWS etc?

Are playing the game with everything set to easy?

I use WOE, but not even the F-15 has more than the gunsight.

Is your camera close to the HUD???

Try press the minus button at the numpad.