Sign in to follow this  
whiteknight06604

anyone considered mideast terrain?

I was wondering if anyone has or is considering converting on of the "mideast"terrains available to first eagles?I'm not just talking about porting one over but modding one to elliminat the modern runways and buildings and adding more WW1 appropriat ground objects and buildings. :blink: thanks for any info.

No such conversation available.

But there is a simple way in this community. If nobody has done it, then do it yourself.

Its a good point Whiteknight, there are few terrains done or available for FE compared to the Jet sims, even WW2. Definitely an area where FE could be improved greatly.

I just thought it would be a nice alternative to do some fighting in Palastine.Maybe something against the Ottomans also

I've never heard of any German or Austrian squadron sent there. So it would be only against the Ottoman Empire.

If somone made a few Austo-Hungarian aircraft it would really help because we have a lot of the major types used by the Italians but only one AH type.for some reason that theater is really starting to apeal to me.

There are Red Baron 3d mods of Italian Front, East Front and a Palestinian front. They are very interesting, but a little "old" (comparing it with other Red Baron mods). Not only Austro-Hungarian planes, but some Russian planes, as the Ilya Muromets bomber or the Sykorsky fighter. The Ottomans had some Eindekkers, Halberstadt and Albatros DII and DIII

There is no better sim than FE to bring to life all these "forgotten battles of WWI"

Such mods would be great indeed and definitely drive me toward an acquisition of this game.

If somone made a few Austo-Hungarian aircraft it would really help because we have a lot of the major types used by the Italians but only one AH type.for some reason that theater is really starting to apeal to me.

Wouldn't disagree at all, matey. Has anyone, for example, done any of the Brandenburg aircraft? Imagine a dogfight over the Alps!

Probably commercial suicide, but what a prospect for WWI afficionados...

Cheers,

Si

Wouldn't disagree at all, matey. Has anyone, for example, done any of the Brandenburg aircraft? Imagine a dogfight over the Alps!

Probably commercial suicide, but what a prospect for WWI afficionados...

Cheers,

Si

Maybe commercial suicide, but maybe not. Certainly a risk.

To me it would be a smart move. Look at what Oleg did tackling something different...

I doubt Thirdwire will increase sales of First Eagles by adding to what they currently offer with a few new planes like say Nieuports or DH9 or whatever (and most likely done by the community anyhow), as the Dr1, Fokker D7 and Camel is what attracts casual gamers. They have and will continue to buy on that basis.

And there are so many add-on planes available for the Western Front thats its like having that last slice when you have eaten almost the whole cake anyhow. Somewhat satisfying, but not critical. Don't get me wrong :biggrin: , I love every plane, and any addition is very welcome.

But if they do something to distinguish the game, like a new front , and improve it with better campaigns, well, the benefit is that ww1 simmers that tried the original FE will look at it again, and that is where the $s are I think in the medium term. Its certainly what many of the FE fans here say would like too, I suspect .

Its a win-win for Thirdwire ....I know, I know, its not my money on the line :rolleyes:.

Thirdwire have said they will do a couple more Expansion Packs, so looks like TK is seeing a longer term potential.

Maybe we should raise it with Tk, he does seem to listen to suggestions....maybe start a poll at Thirdwire... :rofl: ... that seems to work for FE.

Edited by peter01