Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Pathetic...

Pardon my language but they are f*&king murderers and scumbag sons of bi*%ches in my opinion and should be sent to death row, especially if this is the kind of "suppor" that they are giving to the troops.I was lucky, I never saw anyhing like that, but had I saw it I probobly would have beat the sh*& out of the people involved.

a terrible waste of 13 soldiers.

kinda shows how vulnerable soldiers are though... Even in the realtive safety of a base. If the enemy could somehow find a way to sabotage showers or the water or anything like that, they'd all be done for.

As I read that article I just started to shake and almost lost it! My wife had to calm me down! I've have never heard of such f-in crap as that! Where in the fck do those mfin idots that call them selves a company get off with that bs? This is the kind of crat that makes me puke! I can not believe that there bags of **it that call themselves men that would do this! There has to be something that we can do collectively. I would be willing to do ANYTHING to bring these sacks of crap to some REAL justice! ANYTHING!

This is the first i have heard of this, those contractors should be shot! I've worked as both a roofer and a carpenter and had a few close calls because of bad wiring, but i never dreamed our Troops had to deal with this kind of crap. With all the money these idiots are being paid there is no excuse for these kind of mistakes.

They say its not there job to fix the hazards, only fix the things when they break. WTF??? If the job was done right there wouldn't be these types of hazards in the first place! I'm mad as hell over this, Our Troops know they are in danger over there, but its supposed to be from the enemy, not our own contractors!

What makes me even more upset is after the 1st time it happened something should have been done, but its just now becoming an issue because the press found out. I really feel for the Familys of these Troops, It NEVER should have happened. :angry2:

Edited by WarlordATF

With all the money these idiots are being paid there is no excuse for these kind of mistakes.

That's the truth.

But unfortunately we live in a society that largely cares about money first and foremost. People come second. It shouldn't be that way, but it is. This is the kind of bullcrap that happens when politicians are giving out freebies to companies that don't deserve them. I think the government should be coming down hard on all contractors for the slightest screw-up. As it is now, though, contractors get away with murder (in this case literally) - cost inflation, projects coming in excessively over-budget, unnecessary and lengthy delays, and shoddy workmanship. I think somebody ought to take all these folks to task.

Any company that claims to 'support the troops' and pulls something like this is only BS-ing themselves.

This disgusts me, but the sad part is, I can't say it's unexpected.

Sad fact is, it all goes to the lowest bidder, be it bullets, hand grenades or barracks, and haliburton and KBR are big enough to lowball everybody else out of the picture, cos its all about the money, and I dont meen just this "war". Its ALL about the money.

Sad fact is, it all goes to the lowest bidder, be it bullets, hand grenades or barracks, and haliburton and KBR are big enough to lowball everybody else out of the picture, cos its all about the money, and I dont meen just this "war". Its ALL about the money.

my thoughts exactly...

what does the army expect from the company and it's workers? they have to cut corners to balance their loses

when they bid the lowest... so human lives comes second..

a good company would have checked up every facility on the first case making sure that the second case never happens...

i feel sorry for the families that their sons died in vain..

hope now it will never happen again!

It's this s**t that makes my blood boil about this damn war. And they'll get away with it too because of their connections to Darth Vader.

And they'll get away with it too because of their connections to Darth Vader.

I don't think they will get away with it in the end, but it would help if our friends Murtha and Pelosi would go after this issue like they went after the innocent Haditha Marines.

I don't think they will get away with it in the end, but it would help if our friends Murtha and Pelosi would go after this issue like they went after the innocent Haditha Marines.

Amen borther, Amen.

I wonder where the "buck" will stop on this one? :rolleyes:

Unless the cabling was damaged or sabotaged after it was installed - theres no excuse for that.

Like the way they use they are in a war zone as an excuse - unless they are pinned down by bullets when doing the job it should be done properly without fail.

This is not rocket science - just basic electrical work. This is really bad stuff. Suicide bombers is one thing but being electrocuted by your own guys?!!!

Only one thing can be done prior to criminal negligence charges being filed: KBR should immediately lose it's contract and forfeit any payments it's received. That's a start on how to punish those involved.

Only one thing can be done prior to criminal negligence charges being filed: KBR should immediately lose it's contract and forfeit any payments it's received. That's a start on how to punish those involved.

That would sure get the company's attention more than someone dying (as we've clearly seen). However, I think the odds of that happening aren't too good.

Unless the cabling was damaged or sabotaged after it was installed - theres no excuse for that.

Like the way they use they are in a war zone as an excuse - unless they are pinned down by bullets when doing the job it should be done properly without fail.

Couldnt agree more. Thats like saying its too hot or cold to change a lightbulb two feet off the ground(respectively).

I'd wish the CEO of KBR would go down there to check on the conditions of those facilities, maybe then there'd be a "friendly fire" accident, and when that CEO's family complains, the army could just as well reply: "Hey, it's a warzone, what would you expect?!"

Goddamn screw-ups, that's what they are... Lowest bidder is no excuse for not doing their utmost to protect the troops in the field by at least doing their jobs right - it's not as if they're the ones having to face live fire at every corner, they just have to take care of proper wiring for cripes sake!!!

A contractor at our base was recently penalized for doing work that wasn't in the contract, to help out, free of charge.

They LOST $300,000 in award fees. It's not just the contractors that need to own up, the gov'ts contracting rules are SERIOUSLY screwed up. A company decides to do something extra for free...and you TAKE money from them for it?? :blink: When you have those kinds of people in charge of what the contractors do, this is what happens.