River Water should not be blue, and should not have open ocean swells surging across it! (It should not have standing trees in it, either, but I'll leave that topic for someone else) :rolleyes:

These are for Crusader :good:

gallery_279_43_127789.jpg

gallery_279_43_267875.jpg

Whats that on the nose of your jet? The symbol that Prince used to use as a name? I'm just soooooo much an admirer of his. I wear that symbol proudly. It so matches my lavender and pink paisley leisure suit

Is that the East River near Bayone????

Or something downstream of Chernyobl???

I've seen the Missouri and Mississippi, I don't remember them being so dark brown; more like RAF 'Light Earth' (ok, Nestles instant hot coco)

Jeez....talk about polluted....feeeh!!! Are those dead, 3-eyed fish I see floating there?? :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

Fubar, the trees standing in water could be because of wrong installation. It's Brain32's HR repaint for WoE? I see you installed my forests and farms mod ontop of it, while that repaint comes with it's own trees package (different tiles layout)

wasnt those german rivers was feed by alps glaciars??

Is that the East River near Bayone????

Or something downstream of Chernyobl???

Wrench

kevin stein

The East River ends just north of Governor's Island. It runs between Manhattan and Brooklyn. Bayonne lies on the west shore of the Hudson River/upper NY Harbor.

Sorry to disrupt with this question but,,, would the knowledge base have details on "how to" concerning river tile placement?

Thanks

Sorry to disrupt with this question but,,, would the knowledge base have details on "how to" concerning river tile placement?

Thanks

Not to my knowledge, though a PM to Brain32 or Gepard might be in order. AFAIK, there is an option in the TW Terrain Editor for postioning river tiles.

Not even the east river is that bad, or the hudson just south of GE for that matter.

Not even the east river is that bad, or the hudson just south of GE for that matter.

Well, I can tell that you've never flown over either body of water, in real life :biggrin:

Actually just a few months ago. Much more of a grey with a lighter brown tinge to it than a thick brown.

Actually just a few months ago. Much more of a grey with a lighter brown tinge to it than a thick brown.

From every angle and at every time of day? The river appears a copper-grey color when the sun's hitting it at an oblique angle, and it can ever appear blue, and I seen turn black from overhead.

Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about: http://www.123rf.com/photo_1826873.html

thats the kicker, angle, time of day, year and weather all change river water color since its so shallow.

thats the kicker, angle, time of day, year and weather all change river water color since its so shallow.

Good point. Water depth....yet another variable.

Water depth doesn't much effect the water color around the Verrazno Narrows (as per the image on the linked page), as it's over 90 feet deep under the center of that span, and the bottom in the immediate vicinity is mostly rock and gravel. Speaking of depth, one would be hard pressed to find water much shallower than 50 feet or so in any of the river channels surrounding Manhattan.

Further upriver, where you'll find broad expanses of shallow water ( like around Haverstraw), the wind can stir the bottom up, resulting in water resembling a chocolate milk-shake in color.

Is this discussion making anybody else feel sick?

i've got FLU in this lack of times :blink:

but i don't think was because of discussion...

Wow, while I'm busy looking at the antenna locations on my F-4s in flight, it never dawnwd on me that there are folks out there actually looking at the scenery!...I thought the ground was just something that you landed on or bombed....

Mike