Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Enhanced Explosions 3 effects pack

Enhanced Explosions 3 effects pack

My third approach at modyfying explosions to give them that familiar hollywood-style exaggerated look: new graphics, new emitters, brand new look for the series. And YES, they are best looking when combined with the HDR/Bloom plugin.

New for the series are generic nuclear effects.

Well Stary my man you have done it again! Great work!! I just finished some mud moving and the effects are absolutly great!! :clapping::clapping::clapping::ok::good:

Congrats!!!

You improved older perfect-perfect EE2 to perfect-perfect-perfect EE3 :fans:

Thank you, man :good:

Oh,man... I just rode an F-105 Wild Weasel raid prior to a B-52 strike on a North Vietnamese airfield near Hanoi. The strings of B-52 bomb strikes had to be seen to be believed. Pressure waves, beautiful mushrooms of fire and the - the piece de resistance - the dust and dirt plumes shrouding the target and blowing in the breeze. This set takes WoV to new levels of immersion, especially when an angry, orange flak ball burst next to my head! Magic. Thanks, CA for another great mod.

Oh,man... I just rode an F-105 Wild Weasel raid prior to a B-52 strike on a North Vietnamese airfield near Hanoi. The strings of B-52 bomb strikes had to be seen to be believed. Pressure waves, beautiful mushrooms of fire and the - the piece de resistance - the dust and dirt plumes shrouding the target and blowing in the breeze. This set takes WoV to new levels of immersion, especially when an angry, orange flak ball burst next to my head! Magic. Thanks, CA for another great mod.

Man aren't those raids over Hanoi a crazy scene? and in a 105? Whew! :blink:

Congrats!!!

You improved older perfect-perfect EE2 to perfect-perfect-perfect EE3 :fans:

Thank you, man :good:

I guess EE4 would be perfect-perfect-perfect-perfect, right? :rofl:

@SandyC: beautiful AAR :smile:

Just a question... where can i download the HDR/Bloom Plugin??????

Very, very good work! :good: And amazing result ! :yes:

Thanks a lot for this mod !

Q: after implementing EE3 I have a massive frame rate drop when I toss the pickles.

Each explosion plummets the FPS, how to solve nicely?

Q: after implementing EE3 I have a massive frame rate drop when I toss the pickles.

Each explosion plummets the FPS, how to solve nicely?

Muesli,

If you're using the included particlesystem.ini open it and reduce the maximum particles limits to their original values:

[ParticleSystem]

MaxParticlesPerEmitter=512

MaxEmitters=384

MaxEffects=196

MaxFields=16

AdditionalEffectsFolder=Effects

It's at beginning of the file.

You can alternatively delete this file from FLIGHT folder, and your install will automatically switch to original values too. The downside is that certain effects would decrease in appearance -eg. the burning aircrafts smoke would disappear faster, less realistic, also during full pickes some explosions would spawn less effects

Very very nice effects Stary, thanks a lot!! The only remark I could do is that there doesn't seem to be small explosions when an aircraft is burning, and that was a pretty cool effect IMHO.

question: am I supposed to have the EE2.01 already installed and overwrite the files with the ones from EE3 or can I install it on a clean installation?

Well, actually when I start playing the frame-rate is immediately dropped even though I haven't used any of the effect yet! I mean: I haven't shot anyone down or bombed anything and the frame rate is already down. I tryed also to hit an airfield with some mk83 but the explosion effect was not even loaded. It was still the default one ( or actually the one from the bunyap wp).Could someone help me please?

Muesli,

If you're using the included particlesystem.ini open it and reduce the maximum particles limits to their original values:

[ParticleSystem]

MaxParticlesPerEmitter=512

MaxEmitters=384

MaxEffects=196

MaxFields=16

AdditionalEffectsFolder=Effects

It's at beginning of the file.

You can alternatively delete this file from FLIGHT folder, and your install will automatically switch to original values too. The downside is that certain effects would decrease in appearance -eg. the burning aircrafts smoke would disappear faster, less realistic, also during full pickes some explosions would spawn less effects

:clapping: You da man!

@Corktip_14 - are you reffering to the EE2 pack flames puffs that were randomly spawning in the fire trail? To be updated with version 3.1, in the making :smile:

@Sun111 -no you can add it to any clean /EEx/weapons packs install, it doesn't matter. The performance drop described is quite strange.

@Muesli -now you can try to higher the values to maintain satisfacting FPS level, the main line to play with would be MaxParticlesPerEmitter=512, try higher numbers ex. 768, 1024, any number will do. EE3 default is 2048.

yeah I know... after some other test using also SFP1 I noticed that the frame rate drop seem to be connected to the presence of hostile planes in the area. It's strange also becouse with the EE2.01 it doesn't happen at all. I can fly perfectly WoV also with the Green Hell applied without any performance drop... It's becoming even more stranger eh? Well, this is my theory: assuming that at this configuration (EE2.01+Green Hell+etc.) the system is at its "best performance limit", maybe with EE3 I exceed that limit. :umnik2: But I'm not a computer expert, so this could be a mere stupid thing!!

yeah I know... after some other test using also SFP1 I noticed that the frame rate drop seem to be connected to the presence of hostile planes in the area. It's strange also becouse with the EE2.01 it doesn't happen at all. I can fly perfectly WoV also with the Green Hell applied without any performance drop... It's becoming even more stranger eh? Well, this is my theory: assuming that at this configuration (EE2.01+Green Hell+etc.) the system is at its "best performance limit", maybe with EE3 I exceed that limit. :umnik2: But I'm not a computer expert, so this could be a mere stupid thing!!

The strange thing is that the EE3 pack uses less resource-hungry emitters than EE2... If you can, try adding it to clean install, and check the performance, then add some new planes, Green Hell etc.

@Corktip_14 - are you reffering to the EE2 pack flames puffs that were randomly spawning in the fire trail? To be updated with version 3.1, in the making :smile:

Aaaaaaah thanks a lot mate, I really loved those! Keep up the good work :yes: :good:

CA you strike again! only just one thing about the nuke mushroom cloud the smoke column from ground to mushroom cloud moves verticallty but don't join them mushroom and ground smoke seems separate and the column like an elevator in a skyscraper,is there a way to fix it?

CA you strike again! only just one thing about the nuke mushroom cloud the smoke column from ground to mushroom cloud moves verticallty but don't join them mushroom and ground smoke seems separate and the column like an elevator in a skyscraper,is there a way to fix it?

It's the best version I could achieve. Maybe IF I'll find time to work on this pack further I'll give it a second look.

Thank you CA! Now I'm studying hard so I haven't much time to spend on the game... But I'll try it on the clean version as soon as possible and I'll let you know...

Hi Stary,

Great work here, I'm just wondering if it is safe to install your EE3 over your WW2 effects pack? I am using that, plus the extra effect you posted in the BoB thread, for my WW2 installs, but something tells me there might be the need for your outstanding nuclear mushroom cloud when the atom bombs start falling in the South Pacific :cool::biggrin:

But, I don't want to break the WW2 effects as I like them so much. Your advice would be appreciated :yes:

Cheers mate,

Baltika

Hi Stary,

Great work here, I'm just wondering if it is safe to install your EE3 over your WW2 effects pack? I am using that, plus the extra effect you posted in the BoB thread, for my WW2 installs, but something tells me there might be the need for your outstanding nuclear mushroom cloud when the atom bombs start falling in the South Pacific :cool::biggrin:

But, I don't want to break the WW2 effects as I like them so much. Your advice would be appreciated :yes:

Cheers mate,

Baltika

Hi Baltika!

Sorry for late answer.

Best is to copy all grahics (tga files) that come with EE3 into your effects folder (don't worry they are named EE3_ so they wn't overwrite those from WW2 pack) and then add some efects. For start I suggest all "aircraft" effects as they're nicer in EE3, then some explosion effects. Remember to backup effects you overwrite just in case.

For the A-bomb, just copy the graphics and nukeexplosoneffect.ini

Or simply whole pack :smile: tracers and some other goodies from WW2pack will left untouched.

Hello CA_Stary

Te queria preguntar si el EE3 funciona con el MOD Falkland or NOT work con él.

Gracias