Hello!

Here are shots from my trees planting work for Operation Tainted Cigar 2 terrain:

Apart from adding trees I've also added new terrain tiles for more varied look:

Apart from Cuba itself I've also retiled parts of Florida mainland, Bahamas, Haiti, Isla de la Juventud.

I have also retiled using new textures areas around airbases and various target areas to avoid trees on runways, or large structures in very dense jungle:

50+ target area surroundings retiled:

But don't be surprised when flying down low over the jungle you'll get torn to pieces by a hidden ZPU-4...

Usual ETA of two

Uploaded, pending approval :biggrin:

Hello!

Uploaded, pending approval :biggrin:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......I guess I can approve it :ok:

Oh, very nice, can´t wait to get it!

Thank you

hey, where the aligators? :fie:

And the caimans & crocs? We can't forget those either.... :biggrin:

hey, where the aligators? :fie:

Nitpicking!

j/k bro, nice idea worth fixing :biggrin:

One thing I should mention -few days ago I had a version that liked to CTD when browsing through ground objects via F7 key (I was checking placement errors). Hopefully I got rid of it with newer .tfd file , but IF you do encounter such problem please notify here. I guess it was also related with very high detail mesh size, 17.

Amazing work as always! I'm outta action til this coming weekend when i can replace my failing HD, but the screenshots look great! The Cuba map is my favorite because i live in Florida, can't wait to see your Improvements!

THANK YOU!! :good:

Hey CA_Stary,

I downloaded the cuba tree mod, and saw a problem I've never seen before. All the trees are flickering in unison at a very high rate the entire time they are visible. I tired messing with all the settings suggested in the readme, but it didn't fix anything. Changing ground object settings has no effect either.

I have the Green Hell and Forest and Farms mod, and haven't had this problem with either of those mods, so I'm thinking it's something specific to Cuba. Can you help me trouble shoot this? I'm dying to fly over som Cuban foliage!

Thanks!

Hey CA_Stary,

I downloaded the cuba tree mod, and saw a problem I've never seen before. All the trees are flickering in unison at a very high rate the entire time they are visible. I tired messing with all the settings suggested in the readme, but it didn't fix anything. Changing ground object settings has no effect either.

I have the Green Hell and Forest and Farms mod, and haven't had this problem with either of those mods, so I'm thinking it's something specific to Cuba. Can you help me trouble shoot this? I'm dying to fly over som Cuban foliage!

Thanks!

Quite strange.

1. Have you enabled vertical synch in your graphics card control panel? Try with ON settings

2. Are you using some enviroment mods? I've tested stock and WideSky with no problems so far.

3. And what are your [GraphicsSettings] in flightengine.ini? Increased as in Knowlegde Base?

4. How much video ram do you have? Maybe somehow related with the high resolution trees textures. Try these resized:

I downsized them by half. Unpack to Cuba folder.

To jest niesamowite! Spójrz na te wszystkie drzewa w dół. Mój pies, że chciałby bardzo!

Hey Stary,

Sorry for the hijack, but is there any news on tje Korean terrain?

To jest niesamowite! Spójrz na te wszystkie drzewa w dół. Mój pies, że chciałby bardzo!

I see you're making progress my student :smile: that's nice of you Dave.

@Corktip_14

I don't know. Brain told me recently it's close to release, but he's very busy in RL these days. We must be patient.

EDIT:

I'll be offline (short vacations) for next 5-6 days from tomorrow, hope no major bugs will show up.

Edited by CA_Stary

Quite strange.

1. Have you enabled vertical synch in your graphics card control panel? Try with ON settings

2. Are you using some enviroment mods? I've tested stock and WideSky with no problems so far.

3. And what are your [GraphicsSettings] in flightengine.ini? Increased as in Knowlegde Base?

4. How much video ram do you have? Maybe somehow related with the high resolution trees textures. Try these resized:

I downsized them by half. Unpack to Cuba folder.

1. My graphics card (integraeted) doesn't have vertical sync.

2. Should be just wide sky.

3. Graphics settings:

[GraphicsSettings]

ZBufferDepth=24

MaxVertexCount=8192

MaxIndexCount=16384

MaxTextureCount=8192

MaxModelType=1024

MaxMeshPerScene=1024

MaxModelPerScene=2048

MaxLightPerScene=512

AspectRatio=1.333333

MinPixelSize=1.0

4. 128 MB graphics memory. But like I said, it's integrated. The smaller tree textures didn't help.

FWIW, I dropped my VietnamSEA (with green hell) folder into my OTC install, and it ran fine. So I think it must be something unique to the OTC tree mod...?

Any other ideas?

malibu43 try these settings in flightengine.ini:

[GraphicsSettings]

ZBufferDepth=24

MaxVertexCount=16384

MaxIndexCount=32768

MaxTextureCount=16384

MaxModelType=2048

MaxMeshPerScene=2048

MaxModelPerScene=4096

MaxLightPerScene=1024

AspectRatio=1.333333

MinPixelSize=1.0

malibu43 try these settings in flightengine.ini:

[GraphicsSettings]

ZBufferDepth=24

MaxVertexCount=16384

MaxIndexCount=32768

MaxTextureCount=16384

MaxModelType=2048

MaxMeshPerScene=2048

MaxModelPerScene=4096

MaxLightPerScene=1024

AspectRatio=1.333333

MinPixelSize=1.0

I actually got it figured out. In Green Hell and Forest and Farms, this is in the data.ini:

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

In Cuba, it's:

BlendOp=BLEND_DST_ALPHA

I changed Cuba to match Green Hell and F&F, and it works now!!! Don't know what I did, but it works...

Good work CA_Stary and thanks for the help! :good:

just that i want

thank you very much

Ditto! Beautiful work!

I actually got it figured out. In Green Hell and Forest and Farms, this is in the data.ini:

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

In Cuba, it's:

BlendOp=BLEND_DST_ALPHA

I changed Cuba to match Green Hell and F&F, and it works now!!! Don't know what I did, but it works...

Good work CA_Stary and thanks for the help! :good:

It's new rendering command I use now to eliminate that white annoying outline on trees. Seems your card don't like it. Good news!

weird...

my ocean isn't sufficient blue :(

and when i start in that flrorida AFb all planes start in middle of runaway :blink: so i get a great fireworks

Ocean looks ok to me, given the distance and haze. As for the runways -I haven't touched targets or .hdf files, so maybe it's problem with given plane?

Thank's mate!! Can't wait to reach my home and try it