Sign in to follow this  
Miracles

Couple of questions on WOI

Just got WOI and now I have a couple of question. Been awhile since I play WOV/WOE too.

In WOI will the friendly AI that is planes in my flight attack the mission's targets automatically? Or do I have to order them to attack the target? If I have to order them what order command do I use? I asked because I just tried the 6 day war campaign and I was tasked with destroying hangars on this enemy airfield. I ordered my flight to 'attack ground' since they were not attacking the targets but they proceeded to attack other ground targets and left the hangars unharmed.

I'm kind of disappointed of not having been able to fly the Arab's planes. And the lack of variety of planes in the Israelis side. I mean the free downloadable ACs offers more variety in realizing the Arab-Israeli conflict.

I know about add-on AC/cockpits and about add-on weapons. But the last time I used the add-on weapons some glitches occurred like the placement of AA missiles on the F-15 were off their weapon pylons.

Has there been update to the weapons pack?

Which pack should I download?

If I want to fly the Arab sides which mod should I download? Thanks.

Btw now that I know what the Israelites flew in 1967-1973 they gave me wonder how they could win the air war against such a massive enemy air power and who were equipped with such an advanced aircraft then like the scary Mig-21. I sweat when I have to fight a Mig-21 in the air even when I'm flying the Mirage IIICJ.

Edited by Miracles

Just got WOI and now I have a couple of question. Been awhile since I play WOV/WOE too.

In WOI will the friendly AI that is planes in my flight attack the mission's targets automatically? Or do I have to order them to attack the target? If I have to order them what order command do I use? I asked because I just tried the 6 day war campaign and I was tasked with destroying hangars on this enemy airfield. I ordered my flight to 'attack ground' since they were not attacking the targets but they proceeded to attack other ground targets and left the hangars unharmed.

I'm kind of disappointed of not having been able to fly the Arab's planes. And the lack of variety of planes in the Israelis side. I mean the free downloadable ACs offers more variety in realizing the Arab-Israeli conflict.

I know about add-on AC/cockpits and about add-on weapons. But the last time I used the add-on weapons some glitches occurred like the placement of AA missiles on the F-15 were off their weapon pylons.

Has there been update to the weapons pack?

Which pack should I download?

If I want to fly the Arab sides which mod should I download? Thanks.

Btw now that I know what the Israelites flew in 1967-1973 they gave me wonder how they could win the air war against such a massive enemy air power and who were equipped with such an advanced aircraft then like the scary Mig-21. I sweat when I have to fight a Mig-21 in the air even when I'm flying the Mirage IIICJ.

First there is a recent patch to WOI, Your other planes in your flight won't attack the primary target when you order them to engage, you can order your #2 to attack any target you select which frees you up to attack some thing else. Yes, there is a weapon pack for WOI. you can find it here or over at C5 site. as far as I know the weap pack has not been updated as of yet. Check the Knowledge Base for instructions on any other questions you have and im sure other more smarter members will give you better info on the questions i have attempted to answer. :biggrin:

My other planes won't attack the primary targets? :blink: That sucks

I got the patch.

I just wish the dev added some balance to the game like playable red side planes and campaigns.

Lock on gives you that, IL-2 gives you that. :dntknw:

I know about add on ACs but I'm a lazy person besides I think it would be better if they came directly from the professional dev.

Edited by Miracles

My other planes won't attack the primary targets? :blink: That sucks

I got the patch.

I just wish the dev added some balance to the game like playable red side planes and campaigns.

Lock on gives you that, IL-2 gives you that. :dntknw:

I know about add on ACs but I'm a lazy person besides I think it would be better if they came directly from the professional dev.

Check the download section and look in user made missions and campaings there are some that you can fly as the 'red' side. The code for these sims are modable and we have many modders that produce many things for these titles from small mods to entire giant campaings just look at all the sub sections in the down load section. also there is a payware site that you can purchase actual missions for WOV.

Now I never hit anything with the radar guided AA missiles be it the older French R530 Matra or the more nimble American A-7 Sparrow.

I hit the insert button and the radar is locked onto the enemy plane but I never get any cue when to launch my weapon so I fired at what I thought to be a short distance but the missiles never guided ino the radar locked target and just flew straight. I read the manual but it doesn't help much.

I never had this problem in WoV and WoE before because the radar reticle(gate something as it is referred to in the manual) would change showing me that I'm in range, locked and ready to shoot.

Anything I missed in the procedure of firing radar guided missile?

Now I never hit anything with the radar guided AA missiles be it the older French R530 Matra or the more nimble American A-7 Sparrow.

I hit the insert button and the radar is locked onto the enemy plane but I never get any cue when to launch my weapon so I fired at what I thought to be a short distance but the missiles never guided ino the radar locked target and just flew straight. I read the manual but it doesn't help much.

I never had this problem in WoV and WoE before because the radar reticle(gate something as it is referred to in the manual) would change showing me that I'm in range, locked and ready to shoot.

Anything I missed in the procedure of firing radar guided missile?

some are better than others and the newer planes have chaff that confuse the missle. depending on the plane you are in, the 'in range' signal should light up. I use the F-4 a lot and i get good hits with aim-7e2 from about 15 miles out on a non- nimble plane the best way is to get in close and hose them with your gun or send a winder up his tailpipe from closer than 1 mile. also it is harder to hit a small nimble fighter than say a beagle or some other big plane.

Also The AI in WOI is much better than all the other titles so what you were used to doing in WOV and WOE won't really be that easy in WOI :biggrin:

What? That's a pretty well....nevermind.

:protest: :stink: :censored:

Why?

Maybe...just maybe, this is not the game for you... :dntknw:

:blink:

aw, atheist

some are better than others and the newer planes have chaff that confuse the missle. depending on the plane you are in, the 'in range' signal should light up. I use the F-4 a lot and i get good hits with aim-7e2 from about 15 miles out on a non- nimble plane the best way is to get in close and hose them with your gun or send a winder up his tailpipe from closer than 1 mile. also it is harder to hit a small nimble fighter than say a beagle or some other big plane.

Thanks

Oh that light. When should I fire the guided missile? When the middle orange/yellowish light lits up or when the bottom green one lits up?

I have no problems using the heat seeking missile though. I'm aware of its limitations. Just the radar guided ones.

I was just saying there should be more planes included including those of the Arab nations' planes.

:blink:

aw, atheist

I didn't mean the community made add-on cockpits and ACs are bad. Just that most of them are built around modifying existing cockpits. Had the dev made more playable cockpits we would have gotten more authentic cockpit for many planes.

I used the add-on ACs and cockpits before and really like some of them like the various Mig-21s.

But when I'm looking down the cockpit I could see the terrain. There was a gap that was left out and showing as a hole.

But other than that I think it was a terrific cockpit. Stuffs like that irks me so I wish the dev gave us more playable planes in the first place.

Edited by Miracles

Thanks

Oh that light. When should I fire the guided missile? When the middle orange/yellowish light lits up or when the bottom green one lits up?

I have no problems using the heat seeking missile though. I'm aware of its limitations. Just the radar guided ones.

I was just saying there should be more planes included including those of the Arab nations' planes.

Well we all want this that and the other - but thats not going to happen - unless you are prepared to mod the game yourself - if you read the link in my signature about 3rd wire you may understand why.

What radar guided missile are you using here? and on what jet?

In general a cockpit light tells you the missile is locked and in range - it doesnt signify that the missile is within its correct parameters to be fired.

Relax the stick before launching it - the later Sparrows are better - but in the F-15 you will find that the AI Migs will beam you at range breaking your lock and making the sparrow go balistic - therefore launch Within Visual range.

I didn't mean the community made add-on cockpits and ACs are bad. Just that most of them are built around modifying existing cockpits. Had the dev made more playable cockpits we would have gotten more authentic cockpit for many planes.

I used the add-on ACs and cockpits before and really like some of them like the various Mig-21s.

But when I'm looking down the cockpit I could see the terrain. There was a gap that was left out and showing as a hole.

But other than that I think it was a terrific cockpit. Stuffs like that irks me so I wish the dev gave us more playable planes in the first place.

Miracles please understand that making a single cockpit requires a lot more time, resources and skills than to build an aircraft. Sounds wired, but it's true -this is why there are so little plane dedicated user-created pits around.

Mig-21 series are very good covered by cockpits. Paladrian did perfect work on them :clapping:

We are still waiting for Mig-21Bis by Pasko and starfighter2 and their Mig-15bis with pits too. Paladrian posted pics of his WIP Mig-17 pit. So, do not be affraid, another great mods are comming in the future.

And, of course, Mirage factorys Mig-29A with Paladrians pit will come in the near future too (we all hope) :yes:

Donno if Mirage factory is working on some another new Mig-XX models.

There is very nice Boopidoos Su-7BM cockpit (adaptation from Su-15TM cockpit) usable for Su-7BMK in WOI in the download section.

Paladrians great Mig-21UM cockpit icluded in Amokfloos great Mig-21UM pack is usable for Mig-23BN in WOI.

There are many things which you can use in WOI on arab side in the download section (Sundowners Mig-21F camo skin for syrian plane for example... And his Su-17/22 camo skin too... Su-22M4 pack for earlier avioncs70 by Gepard... etc..)

Problem with Mig-23ML/MF etc cockpits is temporary solved by Gepards flyable stock MiG-23M for WOE, as you probable know. But SFP1 series does not supports projecting radar info on HUD (needed for Mig-23MF for example), so I see question if it is really needed have realy nice Mig-23MF cockpit but not really workable.

You can play with existing avionics files to improve them as you wish for your personal use or for community with needed permissions use somebodys work (need some learning probable and free time of course):

Range.jpg

About radar guided missiles: on arab side inWOI you will use in most of actions IR missiles (you know it, becouse you are mig fan :wink: ). Just Mig-23MF used R-23R radar guided missiles (and if you very want it, R-24R too). But most Israel planes from Peace for Galilea operation (where you can use your Mig-23MF) were equiped with chaffs/flares dispensers and ECM pods. You haven't got them on your Migs...

Ahh, you can carry R-3R radar guided missiles in WOI on your Migs (I do not know if arab planes used them. I did not searched for it for this time. I am not sure now, but RP-22 radar is needed to guide them on target in real life).

PS: I like Mirage factorys F-4 Kurnass packs:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6172

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6170

And of course use CA_Starys great EE3 pack: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6953

And WideSky V1.0 by cellinsky: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6903

And when you will use them, you will have the nicest game on the world :wink:

PS2: soviet cockpits needs update on WOI standard, but in general they are workable. Basic features needed to shoot down enemy planes are working (especially for IR missiles and cannon :haha: ).

PS3: for shooting down enemy planes in general, you need skill too, not just green and yellow or other lights.

Edited by kukulino

Thanks for all the info on the good stuffs Kukulino. Wow you still remember me? I better watch what I write here from now on. Spooky people forget nothing :biggrin:

I miss flying the Mig-21. My old WoV/WoE installation had been uninstalled and the current one is the vanilla one.

Edited by Miracles

One littlew question:

There are two Mig-21 cockpits available (I think), one for early versions, one for the newer ones (I use it for PFM and Bis versions). My problem is, in the early version (with fixed gunsight) the gun aiming seems to be a little "off"...

It doesn't shoot where the gunsight points at, and it doesn't shoot where this little "thing" (looks a little bit like an ironside) points at... I had a preatty rough time to hit anything (and the way I solved it iwas not ideal - waaay to close to the target :biggrin: )

Is there a better workaround?

One littlew question:

There are two Mig-21 cockpits available (I think), one for early versions, one for the newer ones (I use it for PFM and Bis versions). My problem is, in the early version (with fixed gunsight) the gun aiming seems to be a little "off"...

It doesn't shoot where the gunsight points at, and it doesn't shoot where this little "thing" (looks a little bit like an ironside) points at... I had a preatty rough time to hit anything (and the way I solved it iwas not ideal - waaay to close to the target :biggrin: )

Is there a better workaround?

I use two Mig-21 cockpits packs from download section standardly.

Mig-21F/PF/PFV/PFM pack: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=1919

Mig-21MF V1 pack: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=1745

Plus there are:

"Hero USSR" Mig-21MF pit pack: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...mp;showfile=918

MIG-21MF Hi Resolution Cockpit: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=1314

There was somewhere Mig-21MF pit V0.7. Tried find but no success (I am not sure, but Hero USSR replaced it. It does not matter.)

I never searched differencies in those pits. As I wrote, I use just two packs of them. So I can not compare all packs. You must check it by yourself if you want know more (Paladrian is author of those pits too).

You probable mean that first pack Mig-21F/PF/PFV/PFM with your "ironsight" note. There is view centered on "HUD", but "iron circle sight" is bit left. It is on PF/PFV version. PF and PFV are gunless birds, so does not need it on their A2A missions, but it may be usable for A2G missions.

If you want move view bit left play with "red" value in Cabina_MiG-21PF.ini

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=Cabina_MiG-21PF

Offset=0.0,0.0,-0.03

Position=0.0,2.27,0.85

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

Edited by kukulino

Hi everybody..

Me too I just got a copy of the amazing WOI after long long xp with WOV and WOE I see a huge differences...

* AI is very smart, i mean those migs can shoot to kill now no kidding, I found out some new launching positions that can hit an aircraft with flares (wow flares now are ejected with high quantity just like the real one's) get an IR lock, climb a bit higher (remember flares goes down!!), then from a somewhat close range fire ur IR and there goes the fireball, in WOE when u despence a single flare u quickly fool a missle no matter where its coming from "thats offcourse for older USSR missles, in WOI they hit targets".

* the terrain is amazing, mountains make detection very hard... and u can surprize ur enemy with a sneak attack from the vallies.

* AI will jetteson their bombs aborting their mission when under attack, to evade nissles "not all AI do that only the one under attack" thats nice, so realistic.

* graphics are much more superior to the WOE/V

* I tried to copy paste my phantoms, skyhawks and some other planes from my WOE and WOV they didnt showup in the flyable planes game minue??!!

*Mirage factory weapons pack is sweet but it lacks some weapons like AA-6 you have to add it ur self...!! the WOE huge weapons pack include way over 2500 weapon the mirage factory has only 149...! but with realistic FM.

* Mig-21 especially the BIS is so heavy in handling in WOI its even worse that mig-21MF in agility, it should have been an upgraded type of mig-21...

* also the mig-23's the bomber type handels better than the interceptor type, check out the WOE mig-23 it flies like a devil.

* israeli bases best SAM deffence is chapparal...!! its the only missle they had...?! am not so sure about my info but I think they had HAWK starting from the mid 60's I guess...? I checked the Arab sams and they were correct, The egyptians obtained the SAM-6 for the 73 war...! they even had cruise missiles on their badgers...

* I downloaded some of the mods made for camps. to fly the arab side they worked for 67, 73, but not for the caps of e.g. war of waters (not sure if name is correct), attrition war didnt work for both sides. too.....

I know I know I talk too much but I really love the series and wanted it to be better....

thank you...

Thank you kukulino!

It really works!

I'm using the first two pits, the second one for the MF and the Bis...

(I really don't like the PF, a fighter needs guns :biggrin: )

But I love MiGs! (esp. the 29 - too bad we gave them away...)

Edited by Shaolin

Dagger1: have you downloaded the WoI IsraelME targets upgrade, available here at CA???

That'll fix you IDF air defense problems.

I should know, I built it....

Wrench

kevin stein

I agree with Wrench :rolleyes:

If you do not want feel safe in the air, try Gepards Panzer Pack for WOI together with Wrenchs WoI IsraelME targets upgrade.

You will have troubles... :biggrin:

To Shaolin:

Oh of course it works :yes: I usually test things (edits) before I post them :wink:

I like PF. It is elegant aircraft. It is very specific with its missing gun equipment. So... Hit and run tactics...

But Mig-21PF in SFP1 series uses relatively old 3D model. So it is not so nice like its brothers, I think. PFM has nice model and with hi res skin looks sweet. The same for MF (big problem I see on All Mig models look in general, in SFP1, are boxened wheels). Mirage factory made Mig-21F add on, so we can have nice F/F-13 model too.

Edited by kukulino

To Shaolin:

Oh of course it works :yes: I usually test things (edits) before I post them :wink:

Hadn't expect anything else! :biggrin:

But another (stupid) question (Now that I'm in my "editing mode"):

The ground objects seem to have a similar structure like the aircrafts - is it possible to make them controllable? (or has no one ever tried that?)