Sign in to follow this  

Now mind you all, it's STILL an F-4E cockpit, no matter what's done to it.

I'm hoping one of our Russian speakers will take a look and tell me how far off I am with the lettering...

Ok, here they are:

foxhound_pit1.jpg

foxhound_pit2.jpg

foxhound_pit3.jpg

You can see the various weapons selected, gun, radar missile, IR missile.

Strangest thing, I HAD the Cyrillic keyboard working last night in Word, but can't seem to do it today!!

Anyway...if it looks like crap, I'll just s**t-can, and use the standard one that came with the aircraft.

thanks!

Wrench

kevin stein

Quickly d/ling and examining the pit...it' looks like that's the basis for what The Insky Boys used. Other than the panel bmps being the original grayish black.

Now...that SPO bmp looks verrrry usable for the RWR!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

who made thar russian agressor pack?

there's some cockpit's that looks more or less like the Foxhound in 3ds format.....

OK...this is what it seems...

Exactly WHICH version are we looking at or for??? Apparently, the BM model, which may or may not be in production, has a ground mapping radar and attack capabilities; including SEAD and anti-ship with Kh series missiles.

I can do up the 'imporved' B version, with a working HUD (using avionics70.dll and parts already in-game) and NO GM radar (excepting for WoI - which to me is an almost total waste of time; more people have the older games)

OR

I can do up the proposed attack variant WITHOUT HUD, but WITH GM radar.

AND

a seperate interceptor version, with working HUD, NO GM radar. Methinks this is BS version (no pun intented!)

The later, fully upgraded, most modern version, M - well, we ain't got no cockpit with 3 MFDs on it. So that's out. Unless someone build one...

Oh, and to make it even MORE fun, we can add Adder's to the outer rails or Archers replacing the Aphids

Someone needs to make a choice here, as to what's wanted. If we go full avioncis70, it'll be useless (for some parts) until the patch comes out near the end of the year.

I'm going to work out the BS version, with NO HUD, correct the operational years from 1990-2020, and go from there.

How say you??

Wrench

kevin stein

Ok... after the initial series of laughing fits I'm ready to polish the Russian... or the other way round.

Just tell me waht the captions are supposed to say in English :blink:

I knew, somewhere deep down, you'd get a giggle out of it.

Here's the tga, convered to jpg, as used in game:

russian_f-4e_lights.jpg

Here's the original F-4E lights, also converted for easy reading:

ori_f-4e_lights.jpg

So, how far off am I??? Thousands and thousands of miles.... :rofl:

WRench

kevin stein

Ok... I'll see to it :yes:

For future experiments - Russian keyboard layout has almost nothing in common with English so the typing method you used for "overheat" produces first-class gibberish. BTW if you type "reboot" with Russian layout on you get a Russian word for a very male organ with size-enhancing suffix. Only the first letter wil be different but not far off... :biggrin:

Some of the translations are from Bablefish, and certainly not correct!! :rolleyes:

Interestering to note, the left/right inner and outer lights are switched in the cockpit ini...you select the R-60s, which should be the inner pylon, and ther outer pylone light lights up. I am NOT going to try and fix that...maybe

WRench

kevin stein

Кевин

Я кое-что сказать вам. Прежде всего вы посмотрите, как гигантские обезьяны. Вы находитесь правописания с неправильным русский акцент. И вы, как запах старого сыра.

:biggrin:

Hahaaaa :biggrin::taunt::rofl:

NIce one Gr.Viper :good:

Edited by kukulino

That's my idea of a perfect woman

russian_f_4e_lights.jpg

I'm not 100% sure of course :biggrin:

I like arial fonts more. IMHO, Arial Black suits "master caution" very well. BTW now the caption reads "Warining - malfunction". Not that you'll have much time to read it...

Arrrgh, jpeg comression ruins all the fun..

Note, I used different captions for radar-guided missiles. Top-left is basically a quite common transliteration, while the four abbreviations are for "radiolocator".

EXCELLENT!!!

Many thanks, now I can finsh it off and upload the fixes.

I owe you one, brother!!

Wrench

kevin stein

:wink:

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=obJPqWOB_fo

This video shows MiG-31 early version's radar screen and HUD.

So,use Ava 70 is better

The early MIG-31 used a cockpit witch looks like F-4

And I'v seen a pic of MIG-31BM's cockpit

mig31bm-7.jpg

:blink: More similar to SU-27

Cool! :clapping:

final configuration

Yes, please! That would go nice into the 31BS I built, which apparently needs a HUD.

Definately needs a up-rez on those panels. Resize, sharpen, retouch as needed.

The only problem I forsee, is the calibrations for speed, altitude and distance. In my experiments using the F-4EJ Kai, and the F-15 displays, avionics70.dll is ONLY calibrated in US standards, meaning the insturments (if recalibrated in Metric) won't match the HUD displays

It's a small thing, and one can easily do the conversions in their head.

Wrench

kevin stein