Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

Zombie movies....

See my sig..? It's Stubbs the Zombie. I like those. Recently spanish [REC], good movie if you accept such point of view. 28 days/months later were ok, especially the first one. Dawn of the Dead, both of them but I wathed original loong ago. Not a fan of Resident Evil series.

I'm a massive fan of the genre but I prefer the 'end of the world' style Zed films, like the Romero trilogy and the 2004 Dawn of the Dead remake. Although I was disappointed with Romero's last two films. Shaun was great and I liked 28 days later (even though they're not zombies! :smile:) but I thought the sequel sucked, even if it did have Rose Burne in it! The opening was great, but after that, there was just way too much about it that wasn't believable...

Don't know if you have heard about "Worst Case Scenario"? Here are trailers, very promising:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTpmQwVbFWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cQ-kM3TBKc

But this movie is long time rumored to be abandoned unfortunately...

SayWhat!: I know the 28... and [REC] aren't pure zombie films, but I think they fit the category

SayWhat!: I know the 28... and [REC] aren't pure zombie films, but I think they fit the category

Hey, anything that chases you down and shrugs off gunfire like nothing's happened is entertaining in my book! That's why I loved Dawn of the Dead (2004)! It took a great genre and 'freshened' it up.

Has anyone come across the 'Zombie Survival Guide' by Max Brooks? It's good reading. He wrote a follow up called 'World War Z' which is a bunch of personal accounts from survivors of a fictional, global undead apocalypse. Apparently Brad Pitt's production company has picked up the rights for it and J. Michael Strazinski (Spiderman and Babylon 5 fame) has been linked to the screenplay... :good:

Yesterday i watched 28 weeks later..... this movie is terrible with a lot of contradictions from the first movie , doesnt worh the money....

but 28 days later is a master piece heheh

btw.... did someone watched "I am legend"? not exactly Zombie, but....whaterver...that's completely weird and could be much better, the scenario and the story are good ,the actor too , but the creatures.... i didn't know those monster was married(in the begining of movie he says the social order doesn't exist any more....)

well i did my list of zombie movies that i like and not...

Good:

Dawn of dead

28 Days later

not so bad:

I am legend -Just weird

Stay away:

28 Weeks later....some contradictions and it could be much better

Resident evil series :bad: :bad: :bad: -nothing like the games and the characters(Jill) havre super powers, in RE2: nemesis is a sentimental monster :bad:

BTW, i saw a independent spanish production, it looks good for the style it will be like in "Cloverfield" recording with a cam.

as stary said, "REC"

it was released?

@Stary: this movie looks good

Edited by Silverbolt

And have you played Survival Crisis Z? :wink: Very much in zombie movies style. One of the few proper Z-games

Good gameplay video (f-word language)

Very basic summary http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survival_Crisis_Z

Homepage with download http://skasoftware.com/

Just TRY it :crazy:

I like the moments when your comrades get more bites than they can handle, start vomiting blood, fall over and rise as undead... And zombies jumping at you from windows..

I am legend -Just weird

BTW, i saw a independent spanish production, it looks good for the style it will be like in "Cloverfield" recording with a cam.

as stary said, "REC"

it was released?

I'll defend "I am legend" :smile: It's good movie, with good to great performance by Will, and I like the obvious fakeness of creatures. Many criticized it about their appearance, IMUHO they were made such for purpose.

[REC] is ok, has few moments. Being an independent production also helps.

....Saywhat mention in 28 days later they aren't zombies

so... how define what is zombie and not?

Edited by Silverbolt

We used to go to the midnight movies and watch Dawn of the Dead. I've probably seen it a dozen times in the theater. I have the DVD too.

What's not to like about the Resident Evil series? Especially since they get better and better... I mean, watching that babe Milla Jovovich kickin' Zombie ass ruled, and at least it isn't just zombies she's handling, because given time, zombies get too repetitive... I've seen "28 days" and "I am Legend" and had to make an effort not to fall asleep... at least in the Resident Evil series, there's enough action to keep you going...

What's not to like about the Resident Evil series? Especially since they get better and better... I mean, watching that babe Milla Jovovich kickin' Zombie ass ruled, and at least it isn't just zombies she's handling, because given time, zombies get too repetitive... I've seen "28 days" and "I am Legend" and had to make an effort not to fall asleep... at least in the Resident Evil series, there's enough action to keep you going...

hey it's Resident evil or Karate-kid? :haha::haha:

JMS is indeed doing the screenplay to World War Z, I just don't know what the production status is.

Shaun of the Dead is the best I've seen. Beating up zombies with pool cues to "Don't Stop Me Now" is pure inspired genius.

Valve is coming out with a zombie survival game called Left 4 Dead, I believe.

for me the best are 28 Days & 28 Weeks later...

Valve is coming out with a zombie survival game called Left 4 Dead, I believe.

I must see Shaun of the Dead then.

As for games there aren't many these days. Apart from Left 4 Dead there is also promising Dead Island by Techland in the making. And there are few Z mods for Flashpoint and Arma, quite funny.

What if George Washington was a zombie??

Remember: you can't chew human flesh with wooden teeth

(tv comedy reference - bonus points for IDing :wink: )

Wrench

kevin stein

Was that the simpsons Wrench? "That was the Zombie Flanders?" :biggrin:

....Saywhat mention in 28 days later they aren't zombies

so... how define what is zombie and not?

There are three criteria that almost all Zombie films use to define a Zombie in a Zombie movie:

1. The dead re-animate.

2. The dead violently consumer the living.

3. ONLY removing/destroying the brain results in the re-animated corpse's 'death' in so far as it is no longer able to stay re-animated.

Technically, there’s a fourth:

4. Most serious Zed films never use the word ‘Zombie’. It’s usually living dead or undead or something like that. Shaun of the Dead even made a joke specifically about this when Shaun’s looking through the mail slot in the door and Ed’s asking it they’re still out there.

With 28 Days/Weeks, the Infected aren’t dead, they don’t consume the living (although they sometimes infect others, they mostly kill) and they can die from more than just headshots. In the DVD commentary, Danny Boyle speaks about how they’re not Zombies in the classical, Romero sense (for one thing, they’re not dead, just infected), but this was his take on how he would do a Zombie film today. In another interview he spoke about how the slow, ambling Zombie just wasn’t as scary to him or for movie audiences these days, so he wanted to amp it up a bit… :tongue:

IMHO think he and Zack Snyder (DoD 2k4) took Zombie films in a great new direction that, unfortunately, Romero (and others) didn't take. Which is why I think his last two films bombed...

Now if someone could just make a good Zombie FPS... :good: