Sign in to follow this  
Speedbrake

A-10 Trn Sortie

Just a nit-picky commment:

In the Air Force I flew in (granted 24 years ago) you did not "take the active runway" with your canopy up or without your flaps being set. I noticed a few various LOMAC videos where the canopy was lowered after taxiiing onto the runway. We were taught that when you left the taxiway and were cleared onto the runway, whether to position and hold or cleared for takeoff - your aircraft was 100% in takeoff configuration and canopy down.

:lol:

Guest MrMudd

:lol: In a Virtual sim world their is no reason to even have the canopy operation, and Ladder. just little cosmetic Eye candy.

:lol: In the real world, One cannot have a beer, a bag of chips ,wear shorts, Take off, Hit a tanker, Hit some DAT'S (Dumb Ass Tankers) Destroy a Powerline, Break the Deck Limits in a Strafe pass, and a miriad of other things we could never get away with doing in real life. peg 6+ G's in an airframe routinely with no Fear of pissing the DCC off. :lol::lol::lol:

:D Well ok i admit, sometimes a Little 100% O2 helps a hangover after a Good Night of CRUD, Brews and Broads.

Part of my videos is to show their is functionality in the game that is not an automated sequence, Sometimes that requires doing things that will bust your tail, Bust your jet (raising the canopy, letting it get ripped off by the slipstream) to demonstrate differnt details in modeling.

How about Squaring a 9G turn with 3 Full external tanks. That is a serious no-no in a real F15. Stores Cat 2 Config etc in an F16. Its little details like this that helps us inform the developer on what to implement in their sim.

Back to more sacrilage :lol::lol::lol:

Don't get me wrong MrMudd....I love the videos (thanks for your time and effort) and I certainly like the "eye candy" of having a canopy to open and close. I was just being pissy and trying to filter in some "real world" rules! :lol: Trust me if my simulation virtural world were closer to "real world" I would have been at the bottom of a smokin hole long, long ago! :lol:

Another example: On one of the other forums after one of the videos came out the forum manager made the comment that the mission debrief would be "spirited "and ask if anyone knew why. I relpied that it was because the wingman on the formation landing touched down after lead and rolled past him in the rollout. Another "real" no-no brought into the virtural world as a passing comment.

Guest MrMudd

:lol: you will notice on video 5 that i kicked the Wingman to trail, and i took the hot side of the runway just in case...

sure enough he took center and nearly rolled right through me as i was exiting the departure endbarrier.

I wasnt sure if he was going to take the cold side or if he was going to stop short. Nope i think he wanted his virtual beer as much as i wanted the one in my frosty bitburger stein. so being ready for the larger turning radius i firewalled the throttle quadrant to get out of his way.

However i have noticed that the wingman will fly a missed approach if you cross over onto their side of the runway in a formation landing.

this is a feature that has not been implemented before. After i witnessed that i had to go mess with the heavioes that were on approaches. So being the Virtual Flight Rule violater i am.....

I made it a point to bust mach 1+ underneath heavies on Final, sure enough they flew a missed approach procedure every time. :lol::lol::lol::lol: