Ok that`s nice!! Do you have someone who creates some nice FM?! This sim is so .... moddable.. we can have every plane and era in it!!! this is so great!!

Ok that`s nice!! Do you have someone who creates some nice FM?! This sim is so .... moddable.. we can have every plane and era in it!!! this is so great!!

Insky,

Here are some lighting mods for the Q-5:

Add to the following sections:

[Fuselage]

SystemName[015]=LandingLight1

SystemName[016]=LandingLight2

SystemName[017]=TopRotatingBeacon

SystemName[018]=BottomRotatingBeacon

Replace the entire lighting section with the following:

// Lights ---------------------------------------------------------

//Position=[right/left of centerline],[fwd/aft from acft center],[above/below acft center]

[LeftPositionLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=-4.52,-2.917,-0.133

LightSrcOffset=-0.2,0.00,0.00

Color=0.98,0.25,0.25

Brightness=0.03

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=FALSE

[RightPositionLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=4.52,-2.917,-0.133

LightSrcOffset=0.20,0.00,0.00

Color=0.25,0.98,0.25

Brightness=0.03

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=FALSE

[RedTailLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=0.0,-6.122,2.54

LightSrcOffset=0.00,0.00,0.20

Color=0.98,0.25,0.25

Brightness=0.03

LightSrcRange=0.4

CanFlash=FALSE

[TailLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=0.0,-6,0.72

LightSrcOffset=0.00,0.20,0.00

Color=0.88,0.88,0.88

Brightness=0.03

LightSrcRange=0.3

CanFlash=FALSE

[TopRotatingBeacon]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=0,0,1.045

LightSrcOffset=-0.20,0.00,0.00

Color=0.88,0.05,0.05

Brightness=0.07

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=TRUE

FlashTime=0.5

[bottomRotatingBeacon]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=0,0.5,-0.6

Color=0.88,0.05,0.05

Brightness=0.07

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=TRUE

FlashTime=0.5

[landinglight1]

SystemType=Light

Color=0.88,0.88,0.88

Brightness=0.05

Position=-0.8800,0.4741,-0.1375

LightSrcOffset=2.6046,49.0560,0.0

LightSrcRange=150

LightRange=45.0

CanFlash=FALSE

LightNodeName=LandingLight

IsLandingLight=TRUE

[landinglight2]

SystemType=Light

Color=0.88,0.88,0.88

Brightness=0.05

Position=0.8800,0.4741,-0.1375

LightSrcRange=150

LightRange=45.0

CanFlash=FALSE

IsLandingLight=TRUE

Insky,

Here are some lighting mods for the Q-5:

Add to the following sections:

[Fuselage]

SystemName[015]=LandingLight1

SystemName[016]=LandingLight2

SystemName[017]=TopRotatingBeacon

SystemName[018]=BottomRotatingBeacon

Replace the entire lighting section with the following:

// Lights ---------------------------------------------------------

//Position=[right/left of centerline],[fwd/aft from acft center],[above/below acft center]

[LeftPositionLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=-4.52,-2.917,-0.133

LightSrcOffset=-0.2,0.00,0.00

Color=0.98,0.25,0.25

Brightness=0.03

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=FALSE

[RightPositionLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=4.52,-2.917,-0.133

LightSrcOffset=0.20,0.00,0.00

Color=0.25,0.98,0.25

Brightness=0.03

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=FALSE

[RedTailLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=0.0,-6.122,2.54

LightSrcOffset=0.00,0.00,0.20

Color=0.98,0.25,0.25

Brightness=0.03

LightSrcRange=0.4

CanFlash=FALSE

[TailLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=0.0,-6,0.72

LightSrcOffset=0.00,0.20,0.00

Color=0.88,0.88,0.88

Brightness=0.03

LightSrcRange=0.3

CanFlash=FALSE

[TopRotatingBeacon]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=0,0,1.045

Color=0.88,0.05,0.05

Brightness=0.07

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=TRUE

FlashTime=0.5

[bottomRotatingBeacon]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=0,0.5,-0.6

Color=0.88,0.05,0.05

Brightness=0.07

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=TRUE

FlashTime=0.5

[landinglight1]

SystemType=Light

Color=0.88,0.88,0.88

Brightness=0.05

Position=-0.8800,0.4741,-0.1375

LightSrcRange=150

LightRange=45.0

CanFlash=FALSE

IsLandingLight=TRUE

[landinglight2]

SystemType=Light

Color=0.88,0.88,0.88

Brightness=0.05

Position=0.8800,0.4741,-0.1375

LightSrcRange=150

LightRange=45.0

CanFlash=FALSE

IsLandingLight=TRUE

:good: Thanks

Great will test it too! I thought about the idea to add via pilot attachment a small update to those Q-5`s .. it`s without HUD and some other small peaces..

J-6/MiG-19 almost completed.Still need some tweaks,will be released soon.And I wonder why so few people download the J-5s.

The series will include the J-6/MiG-19S,JJ-6,J-6A/IV,maybe pakistani skin and J-6III/DF102.

A screenshot,showing a Taiwan F-104G exploded when hit by 2 bursts of the 3 30-1 cannons on the J-6.

post-32384-1216831400_thumb.jpg

IMO the skins look blurry and low-res. Perhaps it's due to low graphics settings when taking the screens, but I'd really like to see a proper max render and perhaps a skinmap posted here. What size are you using anyway and are you photosourcing all of it?

Here here, Juls!!!!

Not to be insulting, but the J-5 and J-6s already exist, including the Paki versions w/sidewinders and the additional pylons -- and they're all based off the stock Frescos and Farmers. With less than 5 minutes of ini editing, ALL those early PLAAF planes can/have been recreated. In fact, that's how Madcaddie and howling1 did them-- over 4 years ago. All they really needed were decent cockpits, and Richard Ordway's taken care of that.

Check out the "More Migs" and ''More Migs 2" paks at AvSim. Also, you'll find them listed in the 'Bunyap Pak Weapons Fixes Thread'' in the KB, and the "What's Available Thread". Exellent resources, that don't seem to get used enough

My major point: don't waste time and effort re-inventing the wheel; give us NEW stuff, to fill in the empty parking spaces at our airbases!!

Just my 2 cents...

Wrench

kevin stein

If this new model will be better than stock one, my choice is clear :yes:

We have much higher standard in models quality than anytime before. Old stock Mig models need replace I think. Mig-21F was "replaced" by Mirage factory F/F-13/F-13CZ, stock Mig-21PFM with skin from Mirage factory is on much higher standard. Stock Mig-21MF with hi res skins looky good too. Mig-17, Mig-19, Mig-21PF/PFV need some help.

So I am looky forward to new Mig-19. Hope it will be much better than previous J-5 model and better than stock Mig-19S.

Good luck :yes:

If this new model will be better than stock one, my choice is clear :yes:

We have much higher standard in models quality than anytime before. Old stock Mig models need replace I think. Mig-21F was "replaced" by Mirage factory F/F-13/F-13CZ, stock Mig-21PFM with skin from Mirage factory is on much higher standard. Stock Mig-21MF with hi res skins looky good too. Mig-17, Mig-19, Mig-21PF/PFV need some help.

So I am looky forward to new Mig-19. Hope it will be much better than previous J-5 model and better than stock Mig-19S.

Good luck :yes:

Isecond that almost completely. Quite a few stock models have been replaced by modder's new ones. As for the early migs, I guess it depends from what you are used to fly; obviously each one of us has favorites that he likes higher quality models of. Wrench's versions of radar-nosed and pyloned early mig are nice to fly and they were a great modding idea at the time, with their workarounds to add the nose and the pylonsare part of my installs...but the more models we have as a communtiy the better!

On the other hand Wrench's statement about not doing what is already done and working makes sense

As one of our best moders likes to say , from ancient medieval english philosofer "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" .."Beings should not be multiplied without necessity"

These bad guys are coming in twooooooo weeks! :grandpa::biggrin:

med_gallery_27883_198_9422.jpg

Su-39/Su-25TM Frogfoot :diablo:

gallery_27883_198_21034.jpg

Frogfoot's pit :clapping:

med_gallery_27883_198_18425.jpg

Su-32/34 Fullback :crazy:

med_gallery_27883_198_9029.jpg

J-8 with new 3D model :biggrin:

Gorsh! I can't friggin' believe it! :blink:

"Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" .."Beings should not be multiplied without necessity"

Yeah Occam's razor :yes: It is not necessary have many same things. But we can have many similar things ---- Mig-21F/F-13/F-13CZ for example.

And there is one famous Mig-21 version "forgotten" by modders in SFP1 world: Mig-21FL (Type 77 in Indian license). Usable in India-Pakistan conflicts and in Israel-Arab too. I know that there was this version made by Howling I think and updated by Wrench, but as Wrench wrote, it was ini edit, not new 3D model.

Just suggestion :yes:

I flew the .ini edited J-5/6s before,and found the stock models are not detailed and not correct in shape comparing with the stock western planed in the game.

So,I want to make these great PLAAF planes and I made the J-5/6/7/8,posted them here with a public account as 101tfs.

I think the planes from the east should not be treated as LOW DETAILED TARGETS,so I keep making them.

And if you guys have some nice skin ideas,or have some suggestions on how to make good skins in PS or other tools,please tell me,for I am not professional in WOE skin making and PSing.

Thanks

I flew the .ini edited J-5/6s before,and found the stock models are not detailed and not correct in shape comparing with the stock western planed in the game.

So,I want to make these great PLAAF planes and I made the J-5/6/7/8,posted them here with a public account as 101tfs.

I think the planes from the east should not be treated as LOW DETAILED TARGETS,so I keep making them.

And if you guys have some nice skin ideas,or have some suggestions on how to make good skins in PS or other tools,please tell me,for I am not professional in WOE skin making and PSing.

Thanks

Keep making whatever it is you like for whatever reasons.

Don't let anyone discourage you because your interests don't fit into their agenda...

Unless they want to pay you and you accept their offer of payment.

I happen to agree with you that far too many of the stock aircraft have been neglected far too long in favor of the primary flyables.

TK plans to update the early stock flyables like the F-4 to match the quality of the new flyables such as the F-15 and F-16, but most of the non-flyables are even less detailed/accurate than the early stock flyables... and will not be updated AFAIK.

Of course, while actually flying missions from in the cockpit... only the cockpit details are readily apparent.

But while in formation, taxiing on the ground, or just taking cool screenshots, it would be nice if all of the planes in the game were detailed and textured to the highest practical standard.

So regardless of anyone elses' belief that making new MiG models is a waste of time compared to other priorities, I will gladly cheer on any efforts to make these neglected aircraft as good as they should be.

Well said. Here at Cace users like planes because they fly and they fight. Not because of East and West.

Althoguh personally I won't install J-5 and J-6 immeditately, because I already have plenty of versions in my install, but it is obvious the more models we can choose from for our installs., the better.

On the other particularly looking forward to yuor other works in project..

Edited by Canadair

Thanks

I tried reskin your J-5 model.

This is original fuselage:

J-5_3.jpg

This is my try. I tried make some rivets for test on J-5:

Skin.jpg

This is test skin on J-5 in game. Rivets are deformated:

J-5.jpg

J-5_4.jpg

I tried paint engine section too:

img00025.jpg

But when I painted needed part with needed colour, this new painted map was showed on fuselage too, not just in engine. I tried resize that my paint "map", but no success. I haven't got screenie, becouse I deleted it some time ago.

I discussed this with my friends, modders, and conclusion was that I can not make good skin, becouse problem is in model mapping. I can not change this, so I did not tried make newer and nicer skins for J-5, becouse it is not possible, I am afraid.

So I agree with streakeagle in this his opinion: "Keep making whatever it is you like for whatever reasons." Nobody can not stop you post here what you want, of course. It is gift from you to community and I personally THANK YOU for your work.

I do not agree with streakeagle in this (If streakeagle meas me too. But I think it was in nobody mind too): "Don't let anyone discourage you because your interests don't fit into their agenda... Unless they want to pay you and you accept their offer of payment." Becouse something like that was not in my mind.

I apologize to YOU fallout3, if my words were not clear in previous posts. My english is not the best so some my formulations are not clear sometimes (maybe often :biggrin: ) . I am sorry if I discourage you.

But similar, when I released some my skins or ini tweaks or other things (not so hard like 3D modding in general), poeple said me good work - if it was good, or good work... but... you have some problematic parts in your mods. Than I looked into my mods, discussed with friends about problem, and if it was needed, we changed problematic parts.

So I tried make skin for your J-5 (you wanted this from us), but looks like only you (as J-5 modder) can change that problematic parts on fuselage on your model. Problematic mapping was noticed with more poeple, so It is needed say you about this problem, if we can not fix it.

So this was hidden in sence of my sentence posted upper: "So I am looky forward to new Mig-19. Hope it will be much better than previous J-5 model and better than stock Mig-19S." Hope you understand me now.

Keep your good work for community. Good luck in mods. I am looky forward especially to Sukhoi models. According to screenies looky very nice :spartak: :biggrin:

Cheers :hi:

Ľubo

Edited by kukulino

Ok, time to break out the simple Julhelm guide to unwrapping:

This is my helicopter:

ZW_S_Scout_render.jpg

This is my helicopter unwrapped:

scout_unwrapped.jpg

This is my helicopter textured:

scout_textured.jpg

On the unwrap you can see how I've unwrapped the various parts, and on the textured map you can identify which parts go where on the helicopter in the first picture.

This is important to get right, because if you have bad, inefficient unwraps with lots of wasted space, you end up with too many, too big textures that slow down perfomance and look crap compared to a job done proper.

Always strive for perfection. There is no such thing as a job half-done. Either you make sure the job gets done flawlessly, or you don't do it at all. That's my work ethic.

Hi kukulino!

I read your reply and I know the reason of the problem,you may covered some place where it is black in the original texture with the colour of the fuselage or this 3D model have some problems.

I made many test versions before I release this,maybe the model is for one of them,and was packed into the addon pack instead of the better 3D model.The model in the pack maybe one for test use.

I myself use performance setting for my display card,so I don`t know the original skin will look like that in high display quality.

I didn`t think of that for that seems good on my PC.I realized that the lines on the aircraft are too wide in game,but they are only 1 pixel wide PS,how do you make skins.

In fact,I made this skin mainly use the MSpaint :biggrin: .

And you made a good skin for the J-5!If I make fix pack for the J-5 series,I would like to use this skin as one of the plane`s skins?The pack will include a fixed model and .inis,loading screens and new skins for sure.

Would you please send a copy of your skin to me?I need these good textures when tweaking the model in 3D max.

And if you want to make skins for the J-5A/JJ-5/J-6,please contact me with the forum messeage,I always

want my addons to be better,and thank you for skining the J-5!And I think if you make skins for the J-6,They will be very good.

Having the lined UVMap, like Juls showed is the way to start.

This is the one Capun created for me to use, to create the skin for the FW-19D-9. I tried to zoom in a little, so you can the mesh lines...

fw190d_lined-map.jpg

You HAVE to have Photoshop, or at least Gimp to really start doing them right (MS paint!! I almost fainted dead away!!)

Using your J-5A as an example, you've already got it mapped identically to the stock one on the wings and tail surfaces. I can see the hard part would be adding the section for the radar nose, as there isn't any real room to grow on the 'boby.bmp'.

Below is my 1024x1024 MiG-17 Fresco template, based off the stock skin, resized, with totally redrawn panel, rivet lines and interior detailing:

fresco_body_template.jpg

Look on the right ... look at all those layers!! And not all are showing!

You can also see there's no room left for growth to add the nose radar bubble. My suggestion would be to create a seperate map for just the nose, breaking the meshes down. That's similiar to what I asked Capun to do on the Floatfires -- just create a sepearte map for the floats. The game engine will put all the pieces together.

As to your MiG-19/J-6, if you look in the Skins downloads secton, you'll find a ready-made 1024x1024 skin template:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5590

It's there for all to use ... :wink:

Something I learned from my father, who learned it in the US Army -- "a multitude of sins can be hidden with a good coat of paint"

Wrench

kevin stein

Hi gerald! Good news you have :biggrin::good:

And nice avatar too :rofl:

I have question for modders: Is it easier make rivets and panel lines in 3D program on model? I have hear yes, it is easier.

Made new panel lines and rivets on "clear" BMP in paint program is bit problematic I think. Similar with make camo scheme (this is hard, but possible. Tooks me five days, but looks good. I made cca 100 test screeshots :haha: ).

What do you think guys?

Edited by kukulino

Always strive for perfection. There is no such thing as a job half-done. Either you make sure the job gets done flawlessly, or you don't do it at all. That's my work ethic.

Hey Julhelm, want to retract that statement? This is from the fuse of your A3J1_fuse bmp.......its funny as hell, but I got you.....all in fun too. Just poking at you. No offense intended. :rofl::haha:

Ok back on topic. You Inskye guys do what you want and have fun. Just make sure you quality control your models. There are a ton of experts here, use their knowledge.