Sign in to follow this  
Dave

You All See This From Over the Weekend?

I notice that the story keeps repeating past American casualties. I kept hearing and seeing 9 dead in Afghanistan that some media outlets like to report without reporting anything else in order to come across as meaningless deaths. But finally the mentioning of heroic fighting is attached. All military personel who lose their lives in service to their country are heros. But it never is said enough. Heroic fighting? Even better.

Any reports say how many people we had against them?

Hey Roopod, did u happen to notice that the picture was of US Marines? NOT US Soldiers. Unfortunately they still cant figure out the difference. I am sorry we lost people but I am happy as hell that they put a hurting on the insurgency. Eventually maybe they will learn that its suicide to mess with the Coalition forces.

Well initial estimates that 40 bad guys got killed.

ok, maybe more clearly. How many good guys were in the fight in total?

Yeah I read it in the paper and read it online, they all seem to focus in on the deaths, which IMHO those men should be given all the praise and honor available, but they are not focusing in on them as heroes, rather as meaningless deaths.. (Like Walter Conkrtie did after the U.S. kicked ass during Tet.)

Sad that weve lost more men, but did anyone else catch the key phrase? "We called in an airstrike to stabilise the situation." (hee hee)

Like one of my former signatures said,"when all else fails, call in an airstrike"

P.S. HEY, HAJI,, ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!!!!!!

we have this channel that show content fro variuos channels and a moving strip line with news

when i saw 9 soldiers were killed in Afghanistan i banged my hand on the table with anger!

it's damn shame to hear about it! but at least the insurgents didn't overtake the base

and they paid a real price for their stupidity

hope its a lot more than the 40 you say Dave.. wish that all the insurgents were dead!

Other than the "hundreds" of militants I've seen no figures for the numbers of friendlies involved. Likely we won't know as that would be covered by OPSEC I would think.

Regardless of your political stance on war in the Middle East, the fighting that is going on in Afghanistan is with the same group that took down the towers. Let's not forget that. Iraq gets more press but we're giving back what Al Quaeda gave.

Right on Rugg, right on.

The Ultimate HERO: A U.S. Serviceman/woman fighting for the freedom and lives of someone else in a far away place.

WW2 was fought to protect OUR liberty and way of life. Every other war since then was fought to protect or reestablish someone elses far away.

We have millions of HEROES in this country and abroad.

The kids in the military today are no different than the ones in WW2 ,Korea,Vietnam,etc

We have always Kicked A** and Took Names and we always will.

It's to bad the owners of the media don't want anyone to know this.

OOOHRAAH :salute:

My 2 cents!!

Regardless of your political stance on war in the Middle East, the fighting that is going on in Afghanistan is with the same group that took down the towers. Let's not forget that. Iraq gets more press but we're giving back what Al Quaeda gave.

I don't think any sizable number of people are opposed to afghanistan.

I don't think any sizable number of people are opposed to afghanistan.

I've never met a single person who opposes it.

Any reports say how many people we had against them?

about 45. Roughly half US Marines and half Afghan Army.

and of course our aviation.

~45 against 400?

nearly 10 to 1 odds, that definitely falls under heroic battle in my book.

~45 against 400?

nearly 10 to 1 odds, that definitely falls under heroic battle in my book.

I heard it first from the Marines of III MEF, but it applies to all American fighting men and women. They can be your best friend or your worst enemy, your choice! May our heros RIP. Well Done!

Just volunteering for service, any service, anywhere, is Heroic in my book. God bless you all!

So say we all! Thanks again guys. And all my respect for the fallen heroes.

I'm also glad to hear that Afghan units were in the fight. Such a pic, Afghan and Marines fighting together against terror is a vivid proof of what have been already done and what we must be standing for.

"As He died to make men holy,

Let us die to make men free"

Thoses verses of the Battle Hymn of the Republic had always moved me so much. And it's so true for those who fought ('Nam, Korea, WWs) and are fighting.

May God bless service men and women all

Bullseye Ruggbutt... :ok: I cant think of any one group in the world right now more despotic than the taliban and their little rodent buddies al-queda. Kick ass Marines!

Edited by pcpilot

I cant think of any one group in the world right now more despotic than the taliban and their little rodent buddies al-queda.

Mugabe, Kim Jong Il, Myanmar/Burma, the Janjaweed in Darfur backed by the sudanese government are a few vile ones worthy of mention

Didnt say there werent other freedom hating scumbags; always plenty of 'em it seems. But to me, the taliban rank right up at the top...

Interestingly enough, even Obama stated today that Afghanistan is one war we must win. Wonder how deeply commited he'd really be?

Edited by pcpilot

If you'll look in many of those areas, Indonesia and Africa specifically, you'll find Muslim extremists and Al Quaeda right in the middle of it. The enemy is clearly defined....as are their intentions. They offer no quarter and should receive none. The rest of the world needs to wake up and smell the coffee. While we "wait and debate" the enemy only gets stronger. History has apparently taught us nothing.