Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

MiG-31BM "Foxhound" Field Fix Repair Package

MiG-31BM "Foxhound" Field Fix Repair Package

MiG-31BM "Foxhound" Repair Package

This package is designed an 'in the field' repair kit to fix several of the unfinished bits in the recently released Mig-31BM Foxhound.

Included are tweeks to the data, loadout, cockpit, avionics inis, as well as several repainted bmps and tgas for the cockpit itself. Also, are 2 new APU-62 dual IR missile rails, with corrected weapons placement. These are based off the original units, but have been edited for use on the Foxhound -ONLY-.

Other fixes include:

Adjusting the operational years to more "Real Life" for this model, and making it "SOVIET" only

Adjusting the cockpit position to match the pilot position on the external model

Upgrading cockpit ini to the latest standard (SF/WoV/WoE); this includes adding the latest fixes for several intruments, post Patch 4

Adding running lights and adjusting the Landing/taxi lights

Adjusting the Loadout to fit semi-current knowledge and weapons; adding drop tanks,

Repainting several cockpt bmps and tgas to have correct Cyrllic/Russian labels,

Adjusting avionics, adding/replacing several display bmps/tgas

Mod to decals ini, to use stock in-game bort numbers

Several other tweeks I'm sure will become apparent as you fly (meaning: I can't remember them!)

Addition of 2 "new" RWR sounds (can't remember where they come from)

Switching over the engine sound to TMF's "MiGEngine"

Unfortunately, there isn't anything I can do about the flight model, which still needs some attention by an expert. I don't have the understanding of how those things work, so .... it'll still 'bob and weave' as originally released.

To complete the package, I've included The Insky Boys AA-9 Amos, and the weapons data to be added to your WeaponsData.ini, just in case you didn't have it before. Instructions to add the weapons in the 'Weapons' folder in the kit.

Note: weapons loads are designed for use with the Bunyap Pak. If you're using another WepPak, you MAY need to add several weapons to it. This is of particular insterst for the A-G guided missiles (which are a 'best guess' at best!)

READ the enclose readme for fully detailed, step-by-step instructions, plus a full listing of contributors. Without their help, I couldn't have fixed this bird

Clear Skies!

Wrench

kevin stein

The interesting thing is, in a clean install this bird works fine.. but a modded one cause everytime a CTD and more worse stuff like a complete bluescreen restart.. don`t know what is inside of this plane that causes this crash.. Something must be different!!! never had this prob before! As I said the original one from inskye works great only this "new" version doesn`t work.. this and the last one!

??? don't know what to tell ya, brother! Works fine for me in my super-modded WoE Install (ie: has EVERTHING from all 3 games in it!!)

Well, let's get some more feedback from other users and see what's what. To me, it sounds like something wonky in your modded install, if it works fine in a clean one. More oddness!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Damn! Just discoverd a 'whhoooopsy' on the cockpit ini.

Scroll down 'til you find the TASIndicator call out.

Replace it with this:

[TASIndicator]

Type=TRUE_AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

CounterNodeFormat=tas_dig%d

MovementType=ANALOG_COUNTER

ValueUnit=KMPH

Forgot to switch that over to metric. BTW, fuel flow and fuel quantity are still in LBs -- I just couldn't get the Kg reading correct to match the internal tankage.

Sorry about that!

Wrench

kevin stein

I don't know why but mine still crashes it says it was a dll error and I looked up how to fix it,

but still it crashes. I read in the other MIG-31 thread what is the HDR/bloom effect and does

SFP1 have it and how do I turn it off?

The problem (in Woe) is AA-9 missile.

Try without and it works.

Fix it please if you can.

IF there's a problem with the missiles, and I haven't had this happen to me, try deleting the missile from the weapons data ini, and re-install it.

Below is copied RIGHT from my WoE WeaponsData ini:

[WeaponData****]

TypeName=AA-9

FullName=R-33 Amos

ModelName=aa9

Mass=490.000000

Diameter=0.381000

Length=4.150000

AttachmentType=SOVIET

NationName=Soviet

StartYear=1985

EndYear=2020

Availability=2

BaseQuantity=80

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=1

RailLaunched=FALSE

RocketPod=FALSE

Retarded=FALSE

Streamlined=FALSE

FinStabilized=TRUE

SpinStabilized=FALSE

HasGrowl=FALSE

EffectClassName=LargeMissileEffects

ReleaseDelay=1.000000

WarheadType=0

Explosives=60.000000

FusingDistance=3.000000

ClusterBomblets=0

ClusterDispersion=0.000000

GuidanceType=13

Accuracy=90

MaxTurnRate=17.000000

MaxLaunchG=3.000000

LockonChance=87

LaunchReliability=90

ArmingTime=2.000000

SeekerFOV=6.000000

SeekerGimbleLimit=40.000000

SeekerTrackRate=16.000000

SeekerRange=200000.000000

MinLaunchRange=3700.000000

MaxLaunchRange=160000.000000

Duration=300.000000

CounterCountermeasure=85.000000

NoiseRejection=90.000000

CapabilityFlags=0x1000002f

BoosterStart=0.500000

BoosterDuration=10.000000

BoosterAccel=16.850000

BoosterEffectName=MissileFireEffect

BoosterSoundName=Missile

BoosterNodeName=

BoosterPosition=0.000000,-1.835150,0.000000

SustainerDuration=240.000000

SustainerAccel=18.250000

SustainerEffectName=MissileFireEffect

SustainerSoundName=Missile

SustainerPosition=0.000000,-1.835150,0.000000

InFlightEffectName=MissileInFlightEffect

InFlightSoundName=

ReleaseAnimationID=-1

EODisplayFlags=0

It's exactly what's listed in the text I supplied (excpeting the end-of-service year). Do the usual 'adding weapons ini dance'. See what happens.

As the to the HDR/Bloom noise, I don't have it, don't use it and don't want it. Perhaps that's the cause of the faults???. You can alway try uninstalling it. As I know nothing about it, I can't help ya there.

Wrench

kevin stein

I'm guessing...

ControlPanel/Install-Uninstall Programs???

unless it comes with a built-in uninstaller. Check you Programs listing. Like I said, I don't have it, so can't be of any help there.

HEY, I just noticed someone put 5 stars on this thing -- it sure as hell wasn't me!!! It don't deserve no stars. It just IS, nothing more, nothing less.

Wrench

kevin stein

I don't think I have it I did a search on my computer I don't know what the problem is.

I don't think I have it I did a search on my computer I don't know what the problem is.

Wrench,

My MiG-31 Foxhound radar will not turn on and none of the weapons will function including the cannon. During the preflight chatter, my wingman reports in out of ammo, but when we are airborne he is loaded to the gills. Got any ideas. (WOE install, up to date patches, lottsa mods)

the first version worked great.

the first update broke the gun but my radar still works

I haven't loaded the latest yet. Interesting progression....

:dntknw:

Edited by Typhoid

Gun works good, but have no radar. Now it runs in WOE didn`t choose the Amos but my wingman had it .. but worked good.. don`t know what`s happend with this bird.. strange ..

Why does it work absolutely perfectly for me??? What do I know that you all don't???? :dntknw:

My brothers, I don't know what to tell you...

What I"ll do, is I'll zipup my entire aircraft folder, upload to my site, and post the link. I'm at an absolute loss....

I haven't a single problem with it in SF/WoV/WoE.

Back in a minute

Wrench

kevin stein

of course, we all just just s**t-can the package...and give up

works fine!just re edit the gsh-23-6 cause I don't know,but i had fps drop when it fires,maybe are the 23mm fire effect,now i've got it with the gsh30 parameters and effects and vulcan sound and fps are stabilized!Thanks Kevin!

Nvidia user.

The effects with the Gsh-623 might be because it's rate of fire is set to 10,000rpm in the Gundata. I think that's a bit rapid :yes:

Use the Guneditor to put it down to something like 5 or 6000 rpm, like the Vulcan. Or just edit it in the MiG-31BM_DATA.INI to read GSH-23 and use that gun instead.

But I'm using the initial MiG-31BM release with no problems. It's a really great plane - flys well, great radar, loads of weapons and looks great.

[GunData133]

TypeName=23MM_GSH623

FullName=23mm GSh-6-23 Cannon

Caliber=30.000000

ROF=3000.000000

MuzzleVel=870.000000

AmmoWt=0.390000

WarheadWt=0.040000

Reliability=95.000000

Accuracy=66.000000

AddLight=TRUE

MaxLightRange=1200.000000

FireColor=0.400000,0.320000,0.240000

GunFireEffect=23mmFireEffect

GunFireSound=Vulcan

EffectClassName=23mmEffects

EffectTime=0.100000

TracerTexture=Tracer2.tga

TracerSize=0.200000

TracerDistFactor=0.002000

TracerLength=0.018000

MaxVisibleDist=4000.000000

MaxStreakVisibleDist=1000.000000

TimeFuzed=FALSE

this is my gundata,works fine now!

"of course, we all just just s**t-can the package...and give up '

NO!!

we'll all figure it out....

after all, the best of the best modders are on the job!

I actually have no problems at all with the original file. Its all the fixes......

Edited by Typhoid

Its all the fixes......

Well, that's what I meant. :blush: NOT the whole plane. It worked before, it should work after.

At worst, just add Jug's light corrections to the original, and disregard the rest

Anyone tried the pak I uploaded? Just so I know I've not totally wasted my time??

hey X-Ray, you might want to look at that Gundata entry again....the caliber is off:

[GunData133]

TypeName=23MM_GSH623

FullName=23mm GSh-6-23 Cannon

Caliber=23.000000 <--- =23mm. Your's says 30mm

ROF=10000.000000 <--haven't corrected this yet on mine. Nice catch!!! :ok:

MuzzleVel=715.000000

AmmoWt=0.174000

WarheadWt=0.018000

Reliability=98.000000

Accuracy=50.000000

AddLight=TRUE

MaxLightRange=1000.000000

FireColor=0.400000,0.320000,0.240000

GunFireEffect=23mmFireEffect

GunFireSound=Vulcan

EffectClassName=23mmEffects

EffectTime=0.100000

TracerTexture=Tracer2.tga

TracerSize=0.150000

TracerDistFactor=0.002000

TracerLength=0.015000

MaxVisibleDist=4000.000000

MaxStreakVisibleDist=1000.000000

TimeFuzed=FALSE

Wrench

kevin stein

I know! but it works well!everitime I zoom on hud firing to a plane with standard gsh mine will drpo fps,with the 30m tweak is much better!

I'm using avionics60.dll (a fix I'm afraid isn't described in readme, sorry if it is) in Strike Fighters install, but ground radar doesn't work. I have tried many fixes, but none hasn't worked yet. Any idea?

Ok, here's the entire aircraft folder, with all the trimmings. :haha: Including my crappy Blue Borts (albeit not used)

http://wrench1smog.com/tmp/mig31bm_complete.zip

Wrench

kevin stein

This seems to the job. Everything onboard the plane now works in SFP1 so far. I had the same problem with radar not working and no gunsight as well. I tried the link and installed over old version. There must be an bad file to the other upload as this one works.!! :good:

cheers

...Erm, I think as someone mentioned, switch to Avionics60.dll in the main .ini file, since the avionics have ground radar etc (assuming that this is a non-WoI bird).