Sign in to follow this  
ShinKazama88

Glitches... OV-10A, F-9F, and AC-130

TOO MANY GLITCHES...

I DOWNLOAD TERRAINS THEN WHEN I GET READY FOR TAKEOFF... NO RUNWAY!!!

MAPS WTH NO RUNWAY: Norway, Major Lee's DBR, Other Major lee maps... what should i do?

Oh and some plane issues attached... pls help... thnx... im only 16 years old...

post-26619-1216133523_thumb.jpg

post-26619-1216133566_thumb.jpg

post-26619-1216133581_thumb.jpg

post-26619-1216133589_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wrench
keeping it down to a small roar...

Hey ShinKazama88,

Do not write in such a big font and in capitals. If you know

your internet rules and protocols, you know this means

you're shouting. Together with the tone, in this way I do not

think you will gather much support.

Post your question/comment in the appropriate thread,

keep the font small enough and the tone a bit more polite.

I hope things work out for you, and you and enjoy your TW sim!

Muesli

I've edited your post, to reduce the font size. As mentioned above, that's shouting, and considered rude.

As to some of the glitches...

From the tone, I'm assuming you've NOT spent any time at all in the Knowledge Base, which will provide the answers you seek on WHY your add-on terrains have on 'terrain objects' - like, fer instance, runways.

What's happening is the game engine is NOT seeing the approiate 'cat file', that stores the needed object. Hop on over the KB, your answer is there. Look for the post on "3rd Party Terrains" in (i think) the Intermediate Modding Section.

Most, if not all, add-ons -especially terrains- should come with an odd little file called a "readme". Which is exactly what you should do with. They contain instructions for installing and using that mod. I'd suggest actually reading them.

Looking at the Bronco, you're loadout is acting funny as it's trying to carry the ER-142/ALR-53 ECM suite, designed for the EF-4C Phantom, Wild Weasel 3. That's because the ER-142 is set as a gunpod. Easiest fix, is to delete the ER-142 from your WeaponsPak.

The correct fix, is to change its 'type'. Using the data below, copy/paste DIRECTLY OVER THE EXISTING WEAPON'S ENTRY

[WeaponData1073]

TypeName=ER-142

FullName=ER-142/ALR-53 ECM Set

ModelName=ER-142

Mass=20.000000

Diameter=0.200000

Length=15.000000

AttachmentType=NATO

NationName=USAF

StartYear=1968

EndYear=0

Availability=3

BaseQuantity=1

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=4

StoreType=0

JammerStrength=1.000000

Do the 'adding weapons dance", full instructions on THAT are also to be found in the KB, and that'll fix that. Unfortunately, for the EF-4C, this unit never quite fit properly. But that's for another time; suffice it to say, the EF-4C has been fixed 'by other means"

As to the others, do some research on basic flight; one rule is throttle up, and let the aircraft 'fly iteself' off the runway. As to the Panther, DO you have a key mapped to the tailhook?? It should automatically be "H".

You might want to spend some time reading the game manual, it's a PDF in a folded called "Manual". It probably won't cover everything, but it'l get you started.

BTW, Welcome to Combat Ace

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Keeper of the Knowledge Base