Sign in to follow this  
OlPaint01

Gotha Wingtips are Clipped on Takeoff

Can anyone make a suggestion how to increase the side-by-side separation at the head of the field for a GothaGIV flight at takeoff? I have loaded A-Team's GothaGIV and added RavenClaw_007's Gotha cockpit file to make this A/C flyable. I am using HARD settings and start the flight from the runway. As I start my takeoff roll the bombers on both sides me clip off my wings almost to the wing roots. There appears to be no damage done to the AI bombers and they continue to liftoff normally. As a result I am left with a damaged plane with no wings and I must ESC out of the game. I can takeoff just fine as single aircraft. I have studied the Formation.INI in the Flight folder for a value to modify with no luck. My AIGIV bomber with RavenClaw_007's AIG cockpit takes off with a multi-bomber flight just fine. Any suggestions?

OlPaint01

Can anyone make a suggestion how to increase the side-by-side separation at the head of the field for a GothaGIV flight at takeoff? I have loaded A-Team's GothaGIV and added RavenClaw_007's Gotha cockpit file to make this A/C flyable. I am using HARD settings and start the flight from the runway. As I start my takeoff roll the bombers on both sides me clip off my wings almost to the wing roots. There appears to be no damage done to the AI bombers and they continue to liftoff normally. As a result I am left with a damaged plane with no wings and I must ESC out of the game. I can takeoff just fine as single aircraft. I have studied the Formation.INI in the Flight folder for a value to modify with no luck. My AIGIV bomber with RavenClaw_007's AIG cockpit takes off with a multi-bomber flight just fine. Any suggestions?

OlPaint01

I just realized I typoed the AEG GIV bomber. Sorry.

OlPaint01

Extract the WWI_AIRFIELD.INI from the terrain.CAT. The take off spacings are there. Currently set a 15 meters apart. Since the Gotha's wingspan is 23.7 meters you'll need at least 25. This may cause problems with larger flights as the outer planes might collide with some ground objects? If that happens you could also try staggering the lineup by adding to the -200 value and reducing the side to side spacing. Problem is the AI take off faster than the player so you'd still have to hustle to get off. Haven't tried any of this so it may or may not work. :dntknw:

In that case you could probably get by with 20 meters between planes. :wink:

Extract the WWI_AIRFIELD.INI from the terrain.CAT.

Salute Tailspin

Where is Terrain.CAT? I have searched high and low and can not locate it in any of my EP_Oct07 folders.

OlPaint01

replace "terrain".cat with the terrains name eg

~~~~~~~~~~~\ThirdWire\WWI_addon\Terrain\wwiVerdun\wwiVerdun.cat

~~~~~~~~~~~\ThirdWire\WWI_addon\Terrain\wwiCambrai\wwiCambrai.cat

Also see the latest FM package from Peter01. He has included a delay in the timing of the AI takeoff which should help as well. The combination should do the trick.

sinbad