So... I know this has been discussed before, but for the life of me, I can't find a post on it, not even in the KB (although, I am a bit tired - so I might have missed it). Anyways, I'm getting weird water textures on 3rd part maps in WOI. I get these "rubics cube" shapes in the water scattered all over the place... Never noticed it in any of the other 3rd wire games.

Which map, and which terrain are you pointing back to in the terrain's ini for cat file??

Wrench

kevin stein

I'm using the DBS terrain, and pointing to the WOI original cat file. Was having problems with the Desert.cat file... bases wouldn't show up. So I used the WOI one instead... it worked.... except for the water textures.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Serverandenforcer, you wouldn't be chance, be running an ATI card, would you? One possible solution solution is to use the Watereffect.fx file from an earlier title, such as WoE.

Guys think back there was a line edit somewhere ( i don't remember) to fix that. Just can't remember what it was.

Serverandenforcer, you wouldn't be chance, be running an ATI card, would you? One possible solution solution is to use the Watereffect.fx file from an earlier title, such as WoE.

Nah bro, I'm using an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX / 768 MB DDR S-Ram, PCI Express port.

Same weirdness here, it happens both in stock WOI terrain and in 3d party ones (with cat pointing to desert.cat ussually), no matter if it's ATI or Nvidia, tested on two systems of mine.

Well, I think I figured out my problem. A little bit too embarassed to say what it was, 'caus it was sort of on the lines of basic operations on adding new terrains. Basically, I kind of forgot to rename something :slow::rolleyes: . I only realised this when I went throug other terrain installation instructions to see if there was something missing, or wasn't made clearly enough for me to understand on what to do... and sure enough, i found my answer. I only checked the problem on the Malvinas terrain (I was having the same problems there too as well) and those same problems got corrected.

Well, I think I figured out my problem. A little bit too embarassed to say what it was, 'caus it was sort of on the lines of basic operations on adding new terrains. Basically, I kind of forgot to rename something :slow::rolleyes: . I only realised this when I went throug other terrain installation instructions to see if there was something missing, or wasn't made clearly enough for me to understand on what to do... and sure enough, i found my answer. I only checked the problem on the Malvinas terrain (I was having the same problems there too as well) and those same problems got corrected.

Well, problem is still not solved. Did the same changes to DBS as I did with Malvinas and I still get square patches in the water. Now I only see these square patches when I'm looking at the water where the sun is over. If I look at the opposite direction, away from the sun, I don't see those square patches.

Have seen weird anomolies in all terrains - maybe driver linked but not sure yet

You could try a defrag as a start