Sign in to follow this  

Hello to All

I purchaced Pacific Fighters couple of days ago.I entered in HyperLobby to play Multiplayer-I had my keys and joystick mapped but while taking off from carrier in Wildcat I couldn't get my gears up.I tried many times but I didn't figure it out.Any help?

Edited by Wasara

Wildcat have manual landing gear, the pilot need to turn a dispositive to raise/lower the landing gear. Enter the option go to controls and map to something you like like CTRL+G

Hello to All

I purchaced Pacific Fighters couple of days ago.I entered in HyperLobby to play Multiplayer-I had my keys and joystick mapped but while taking off from carrier in Wildcat I couldn't get my gears up.I tried many times but I didn't figure it out.Any help?

i had a same problem, but than i realised that In that plane gears are getting up and down manualy, I think Key is shift+g, but im not sure.

i had a same problem, but than i realised that In that plane gears are getting up and down manualy, I think Key is shift+g, but im not sure.

Like stratos said this control has to be mapped by the user as by default it is empty. You have to map quite a few empty but very usefull commands or you will never get off the deck of a carrier. For ex. the chocks Key is also not mappef this is always engaged when taking off from a carrier, if I recall correctly wing Fold also has to be mapped as some planes start on the deck with their wings folded, also you have non-esential commands like Open/close cannopy (for a few planes), or raise/lower seat for zero's n' corsairs (I think) but only when the canopy is open.

I always thought that a serious oversight in a game called "Pacific Fighters". They couldn't premap those controls??

I always thought that a serious oversight in a game called "Pacific Fighters". They couldn't premap those controls??

I was also surprised when I started playing IL-2 and PF by the amount of useful commands that aren't mapped by default...

I dunno, maybe it was not not an oversight

because with the hordes of commands (only second to Falcon 4 with mods installed), I guess it was easier to let the user define keys to avoid confusion.

I mapped my keys similar to the way I mapped them in other sims. The only essential keys are gear, flaps, dive brakes, chocks, and feathering of the props, it you want to get technical I guess mixtures play a roll too.

Does anyone know of any down loadable key broad or joystick profiles? That might help some.

Thanx to all you guys!

It is working!Yes,at first I noticed the manual operating and mapped accordingly-BUT I didn't TAP the key.So tapping worked.