Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Linebacker III (Beta)

Linebacker III (Beta)

Thanks for downloading my Linebacker III campaign. This is pretty much the finished version. I'm only calling this a Beta simply because it hasn't been extensively tested.

This is a completely fictional campaign senario created to allow folks to fly some of the 80's/90's era aircraft in a campiagn situation. It's set up to be fun, and not an accurate representation of what would have happened had there been a conflict in Vietnam in the 90's. The squadron names/numbers are just what was there from the Linebacker II campaign I used as a template, so many of them may be incorrect for the type of aircraft used. Also, I didn't really spend any time on which skins to use, so most the default skin for most squadrons will be whatever the default skin for the aircraft is.

I would recommend a dedicated install for this campaign to prevent corrupting something, but it doesn't need it. See the installation instructions for more details. They aren't required downloads or listed in the install instructions, but I would also highly recommend the "Green Hell" mod for the terrain and the "wide sky" mod as well to get the most fun out of this campaign.

Included in the zip file:

-Vietnam Targets.ini, movement.ini and types.ini

-LBIII campaign folder

-F-16C and F-18C

-TER_CBU weapon rack

-Menu Screen

-Ground Object updates

All the required downloads are availabe at Combat Ace. However, if you can't find something here, try Column5.us. Required Downloads:

-Bunyaps Weps Pack

-LAU-88_AGM_65D by KingAlbert

-Infantry Pack by Kesselbrut

-US Armor Pack (labeled 'US 70's to Now Pack' in downloads)

-BMP-1 by Rebel Ryder

-F-15C (recommend the MSIP F-15C/D for an updated HUD)

-F-111F from F-111 Package (look in the readme for where do get the cockpit)

-AV-8B+

-A-6E_TRAM

-A-7E_Late_MF (from the MF A-7E pack)

-F-14A

-F-16A_BLK10_NDC (only pilot and fx are needed for F-16C_BLK40)

-Tornado GR1 from Tornado Pack

-LHA-1 USS Tarawa

-Soviet Artillery Pack

-SU-27 (marcfighters.combatace.com)

-Mig-29C

Installation:

1. Recommended: Start with a clean, patched copy of WOE and Add entire VietnamSEA terrain folder from WOV.

or

If you don't want a separate install for the campaign, you can just follow the rest of the steps and add everything to your existing WOE (w/WOV terrain) or WOE/WOV Merged install. Most of the files you're installing shouldn't interfere with anything else, but I can't promise that. I would recommend a seperate install.

2. Add the included vietnamSEA_targets.ini, vietnamsea_movement.ini and vietnamsea_types.ini into the terrain folder (allow to overwrite)

3. Drop the LineBackerIII campaign folder into the campaigns folder.

4. Add the F-16C_BLK40 and FA-18C folders into the aircraft folder. Also run the installer for the F-16A_BLK10_NDC into a temporary folder, and copy all the pilot and extra files (effects, etc.) from the temporary directory into the appropriate directory in your Linebacker III (or WOE) installation.

5. Overwrite the TER_CBU entry in the weapondata.ini file with the included weapon data. You will need to overwrite the exsisting entry, not just add the data at the bottom. The only difference is the attachment points have been adjusted to allow only the outer and bottom attachment points to be used (for the F-16). Make sure to open the weapon in the weapon editor afterwards so it shows up.

6. Copy all the data.ini files from in the ground object update folder into their appropriate folders in the groundobject folder. This updates all the SAM's, AAA, and vehicles so they show up after the 80's.

7. Install all of the required downloads.

8. If your doing a separate install, place mainscreen.BMP and mainscreen_alt.BMP in your menu folder. I have included two different mainscreens, and you can switch between the two by simply naming whichever one you want to use mainscreen.bmp and changing the name of the other one to something else. There is also an icon you can use. I would also reccommend saving a copy of one of you favorite 90's rock songs in .wav format and renaming it mainscreen.wav and dropping that in the menu folder. I chose "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns 'n Roses. Really sets the mood!

Credits:

vietnamSEA_targets.ini, _movement.ini, and _types.ini by TeTeT

Modified LBII campaign by TeTeT

F-16C created using the F-16C_BLK10_NDC by Mirage Factory

F-18C created using the FA-18A from Mirage Factory and the FA-18ba from the checksix megapack.

Big thank you to these folks for the work they did and for allowing me to use it!!!

I just realized that I forgot to include that the SU-27 from marcfighters.combatace.com and the Mig-29C from here at combatace.com are required for this campaign as well!!! I've updated the readme on the download page and in the .rar file.

They make CAS missions.... um.... tough.

:good:

Edited by malibu43

Hi Malibu,

nice work You have done there....makes real fun

Just one question....can U tell me where I can find the Soviet Artillery Pack?

ThanX

Tomas

@ Tomas1975

I think he means this file :http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=710

BTW I can't find that Soviet pack he mentions either !

Can anyone point that out to us ?

Edited by Ruiner29

:dntknw: Um ok ?! I edited that post but it didn't take for some reason ! :dntknw:

Please ignore it completely I made a slight snafu.

Mods ?

Any idea what might be going on here ?

The part about not finding the Soviet Artillery pack still applies though.

The link I posted was for an infantry pack, sorry.

I have run into a slight problem with this mod.

The loadouts for the F-18c aren't showing up properly during a campaign.

I did a dedicated fresh install of WOE and followed the instructions to the letter for this modded install.

I made sure to do the Weapon Editor song and dance whenever necessary too !

Anybody got a clue what went wrong ?

That aircraft didn't have any weapondata that I could see to add using the editor so I don't think that's the problem.

The only weapons that show up for a strike mission are 2000lb bombs... no AGM's or anything else even though they're listed as available on the left side.

Plus, the only air to air weapons they'll allow me to use are sidewinders.

What gives?

I can't find the TER_CBU entry in the weaponsdata.ini, There's something like 2K weapons.

Is this a show-stopper?

I think I have everything else loaded. I tried to load a single mission. Got through the a/c loading screens and got a CTD. This is before I saw the info about the Su-27 and Mig-29C.

I'm trying to get this installed and working.

Thanks for your efforts and any help.

5. Overwrite the TER_CBU entry in the weapondata.ini file with the included weapon data. You will need to overwrite the exsisting entry, not just add the data at the bottom. The only difference is the attachment points have been adjusted to allow only the outer and bottom attachment points to be used (for the F-16). Make sure to open the weapon in the weapon editor afterwards so it shows up.

I can't find the TER_CBU entry in the weaponsdata.ini, There's something like 2K weapons.

Is this a show-stopper?

I think I have everything else loaded. I tried to load a single mission. Got through the a/c loading screens and got a CTD. This is before I saw the info about the Su-27 and Mig-29C.

I'm trying to get this installed and working.

Thanks for your efforts and any help.

I may be able to help you out there.

Make sure you are using the Bunyap Weapon Pack mentioned in the readme that came with the campaign.

Open the weapondata.ini with a text editor like notepad and hit CTRL+F.

Type in TER_CBU in the little box to find the entry in the file.

Delete the entire entry for TER_CBU and copy the new one included in the file labeled TER_CBU weapondata.txt which came with the campaign taking care to make sure the number where it shows [weapondataXXXX] gets filled in in the correct sequence.

Once that is done close the file and click "yes" to save the changes.

Now open that weapondata.ini with the weapon editor like it says in the Knowledge Base here at Combatace forums and once it is open click "save as" and simply allow it to overwrite the file. DO NOT try to add the TER_CBU data anymore since it is already added.

DO NOT rename the file or anything just let it overwrite which will update the weapondata.dat with the proper info.

That's it your done !

Hope this helps.

If this doesn't fix your CTD it may be something more serious.

Let's hope it isn't !

Sorry guys. I was out of town for the weekend. Let's try and catch up...

:dntknw: Um ok ?! I edited that post but it didn't take for some reason ! :dntknw:

Please ignore it completely I made a slight snafu.

Mods ?

Any idea what might be going on here ?

The part about not finding the Soviet Artillery pack still applies though.

The link I posted was for an infantry pack, sorry.

It's here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6043

Under object mods, ground objects, pg 5.

I have run into a slight problem with this mod.

The loadouts for the F-18c aren't showing up properly during a campaign.

I did a dedicated fresh install of WOE and followed the instructions to the letter for this modded install.

I made sure to do the Weapon Editor song and dance whenever necessary too !

Anybody got a clue what went wrong ?

That aircraft didn't have any weapondata that I could see to add using the editor so I don't think that's the problem.

The only weapons that show up for a strike mission are 2000lb bombs... no AGM's or anything else even though they're listed as available on the left side.

Plus, the only air to air weapons they'll allow me to use are sidewinders.

What gives?

I'm not sure what the issue is. Is it a problem in campaigns and single missions, or both? Has anyone else had this issue?

I may be able to help you out there.

Make sure you are using the Bunyap Weapon Pack mentioned in the readme that came with the campaign.

Open the weapondata.ini with a text editor like notepad and hit CTRL+F.

Type in TER_CBU in the little box to find the entry in the file.

Delete the entire entry for TER_CBU and copy the new one included in the file labeled TER_CBU weapondata.txt which came with the campaign taking care to make sure the number where it shows [weapondataXXXX] gets filled in in the correct sequence.

Once that is done close the file and click "yes" to save the changes.

Now open that weapondata.ini with the weapon editor like it says in the Knowledge Base here at Combatace forums and once it is open click "save as" and simply allow it to overwrite the file. DO NOT try to add the TER_CBU data anymore since it is already added.

DO NOT rename the file or anything just let it overwrite which will update the weapondata.dat with the proper info.

That's it your done !

Hope this helps.

If this doesn't fix your CTD it may be something more serious.

Let's hope it isn't !

Thanks for stepping in!

Also, if you want to direct all future questions to this thread: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=27892 , we can get them answered faster since that thread will show up in the recent posts section.

:good:

Sorry for posting all of this here I didn't realize there was another post about this campaign in another thread.

The glitch regarding the weapons not showing up seems to have fixed itself somehow. :blink:

No idea what was going on there either.

From now on all of my posts will over in the other thread.

I'm still having a problem with NVA ground troops not showing up but i'll post about it over there.

Great work on this campaign i'm having alot of fun with it.

Good to see you back Malibu43 :good:

Hey, before I download this I'd like to know if this campaign need WoV. The only reason I bring it up is becasue I don't have it, I didn't see a place to download the map. If there is a place to download the map then that would be cool but if not NP.