I have a question about the M65 TOW Pod from Bunyap Wep Pack '06, whether the problem are with the model or it's other error coz I've checked the attachment points on my Cobra and they worked just fine with other rocket pods... :dntknw:

I have a question about the M65 TOW Pod from Bunyap Wep Pack '06, whether the problem are with the model or it's other error coz I've checked the attachment points on my Cobra and they worked just fine with other rocket pods... :dntknw:

Your question is why are they hanging in mid air... right? You must specify a rack in the loadout data ini. You will run into the same problems with hellfire/ brimstone/ stinger and other missiles.

I have not used the tow pod yet so I am not sure what rack/pylon is required.

Or maybe because I put the TOW Pod in the wepdata as a rocket pod, not as a weapon rack. Haven't check that one though

No, you're missing the rack. TOW pods are rocket pods, as far as the game engine is concerned

Look for "Quad_Rack"

Wrench

kevin stein

No, you're missing the rack. TOW pods are rocket pods, as far as the game engine is concerned

Look for "Quad_Rack"

Wrench

kevin stein

I still don't understand, can you explain it more?? For example, Quad Rack should be set as what type of rack, etc.

Sorry...

Use the find feature to search your weapons data ini for Quad_Rack then enter that info in the loadout ini. You will have a weapon station# a rack and a weapon.... in this case the tow pod.

Dude, we're NOT messing around with the weaponsdata ini. Me thinks you're absolutely looking in the wrong place.

The weapons rack - the thing the pods are mounted on, already exists in the Weapons Pak. Or in not using a fully updated one, needs adding. A simple matter.

Your problem is loadouts....

You need to add the rack statement to the Loadout.ini of the helo in question.

For example, off the Whiskey Cobra, showing TOW Pods:

[Attack]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=BGM71

Loadout[01].Quantity=4

Loadout[01].RackType=TOW_Pod <---

Loadout[02].WeaponType=BGM71

Loadout[02].Quantity=4

Loadout[02].RackType=TOW_Pod <---

Loadout[03].WeaponType=LAU-3A

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=LAU-3A

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

You'll note the pointers to the apporiate lines

In the helo's data ini, make sure it reads like this in the hardpoint callouts:

AllowedWeaponClass=IRM,EOGR,TER,TLR,RP,ATR,CGR,WGR,LGR

You shouldn't have many more problems with the loadouts.

I'd reccomend doing a Search of the 3rd Wire Forums for "Hellfires" "TOWs" and "Hellicopter weapons" There are some tweeks for the Hellfires I can't remember offhand

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: you also might want to spend some time in the Knowledge Base, reading up on all the "How To" in there. Lots of good information...lot's of fixes and tweeks. Save a lot of time too....