Sign in to follow this  
pato poli

moddifing an airplane

hello, im working on the making of an A-4AR for the Argentina Air Force (or FAA)

im starting to do what i know (little), changing the cockpit and putting some ECM and chaff and flare dispenser, with the help of the membres from the spanish forum

now i reach the most dificult part, "do what i dont know how to do"

i got the radar screen, but dont work.

what line from the airplane.DATA and avionics.INI need to change??

the F model got a radar working in A-G and Following surface terrain, but the AR got also A-A and the radar of the F-16, the APG-66

when i change the cockpit the radar obviusly stop work.

can someone gimme some idea??? thanks

WOI is the only game at the moment that supports a more modern ground and AA radar at the same time (has a new avionics60.dll)- and if you had that you could have just compared how the stock F-16A was set up in that - you would also get a modern HUD.

As it is you can change the avionics.ini and have an old style AA and AG radar - although my advice to you is open up the avionics.ini from the Phantom and look at the changes made in that - you will see how the other modes are added etc.

Dont forget to look at the knowledgebase or old threads also if you get stuck

regards

I have an AR that was done by some guy named =belive this or not!= "Ravens**t", from 2005. Based on the stock A-4F, it's got AA & AG, but no HUD, as it uses the 60 dll.

Be super easy to switch it over to 70 for WoI, you'd just need the all the HUD bits, and hopefully get them to fit on the columator glass. Of course, that means SF/WoV/WoE users are out in the cold...AG radar-wise.

Of course, having the correct multi-MFD cockpit ain't gonna happen unitl we either get someone to build one or modify it from something else. We could probably live with the single screen for a while

I'll try to get a screenie of it up later. As he left the community shortly after, I consider this mod 'up for grabs'. If you don't need a HUD....this'll work fine

Wrench

kevin stein

thanks you very much, im try ingto do this for the strike fighters.

what i do is a prototype, to learn and understand how to make it work.

i started searching a cockpit similar to the real one, because i dont know nothing of 3d desing.

found that the kestrel model, is very similar (2 mfd, hud, and the position of the mfd are very similar)

then i change the cocpit with the original F

the 3 pieces glass in front of the cockpit is very similar, with the rectangular front piece in replace of the old "oval" (i dont remember the english word to said "oval", sorry, jajaja)

yeap, the cockpit is not perfect, it got the joystick on the right side, but is similar and i dont care if its not 100% real

i will try to put the lines from an F-16 or the F-4 and see what happens

thanks you very much

Ok, as promised, here's some screenies:

basic aircraft:

fightinghawk-1.jpg

Now, for the pit and HUDs:

fightinghawk-2.jpg

fightinghawk-3.jpg

The avionics ini, and attendant tgas are a kind of "kitbash" between Julheilms original Kestral's and TMF's F-16A-1/10. The CCIP works, but just like all the others, it 'hangs off the HUD' onto the main panel

Also, looking at the aircraft further, it'll need all new decals for tail serials. I've added a few new Argentine-only, nation specific weapons; more that what's in the "Loadout and Fixes Thread". Argie-only Lima winder, Shrike, MER & TER. Gun aim angles have been adjusted to almost fire directly though the aim-dot.

We'll also need to get permissions from TMF for use of their cockpit tgas (since the avionics ini is 90% F-16!), as well as checking with Juls on using his Kestral pit. If so, then it should be pretty easy to change the "LASER" weapons armed light to read "A-G", so you know you got bombs selected.

Make new decals, and off we go.

Wrench

kevin stein

uuuaaaaaauuuu!!!!!

yeap! i wanna 2 of it and a pack of candy, how is it???

ok, "lets go piece by piece" (like my friend jack the ripper saided)

i dont know how to make a decal, so better do it later...

argentine weapons pack was started but i cant save the changes...i will try to put it on "windows 95 mode" and see if it finally works

how can i change the gun angle???

change the "laser" word to "A-G" is an "optional work", but i think maybe easy that put the rest of the antennas...

first i wish put the pieces together, then test if its work, and before make it public, ask for permission and recon the other credits for cooperations and ideas

thanks you very much for the picks and the explanations

Let me see if I can get permissions for the stuff I used, and I'll release it as a full aircraft. Other than the serial number decals, and permissions, it's a done deal. Ready to fly against whomever.

Making decals ain't nothing....just need to research the serials as used by Grupo de Caza No.5

As to the "Laser' tag, that's a very simple repaint, add text in Photoshop.

As to weapons, there are some already in the Bunyap Pak. Look for BK-BR series bombs. I've adding about another 8-12, including MERs and TERS, an Argie Shrike (don't know if they really had/have them...erring on the side of 'lets have it anyway), and a host of others.

BTW, I tried testing in it WoI, cause I have the GM radar actived with 70dll, but the cockpit got all 'skewed' sideways. More experimentating in that direction is needed.

So, I'd better get started contacting Juls and Bpao!

Wrench

kevin stein

well...thats will be great, even if i keep trying just for fun and frustation.

the info about FAA will be easy for us, we are all argentine, jajaja!!!!

the weapons in bunyap pack are goods, and for us almost incredible.

sorry but no shrikes in our country, after the war with the UK the embargo of weapons make dificult to obtain pieces like repairs and high tech (the Canberra bomber was made for UK, and the engine of the aermacchi 339 was roll royce)

even the USA administration dont was so happy to sale advanced weapons to south america, only Venezuela got a handfull of F-16 but no sparrows or shrike or LGB

Brazil got their first (and only) shrike when a Vulcan bomber have an accident at refueling and have to land in Rio, and the Brazilian air force keep the missile for themselve (some voices said thats is the origen of their home made antiradiation missile)

then Israel, France, and the old URSS start to offer their products and USA maybe finish to sale the F-35 to Chile or Brazil

unfortunately FAA have no money to buy nothing, and the I+D of weapons is stopped (we are famous for corrup and for start something and leaving in half way)

the weapon editor dont work with me, i try everything, compatible with windows 95, with 98, control files as not read only, etc., no way, i dont like him

thanks and let us now if you can uploaded for share

Are you using the right editor? There are two versions: One for SF, WoV and WoE, the other one for WoI!

yes, and nothing to do with it...just WE are not compatible (jajaja!!!)

i open it, take a weapon, make a copy of it, change de data of the weapon, and when i cilck on "save" put me:

"unable to create write!"

and dont wanna save the got damn changes....is possible kill a program??? grrrrrr!!!! i haaaaaate you.....ufffff

Edited by pato poli

This pit is very much like the A-4K in reality. The A-4K was a wolf in sheeps clothing had the onboard systems of the F-16A in the "tight package" of the skyhawk. I am sure that the Arg. airforce is along the same lines.

yes, is basically the same thing.

Argentina air force wanna buy the F-16 but the negation of that kind of technology by UK pression, even with the officially end of the embargo, finished with the agree of a A-4M with the avionics of the F-16

in part we loose a good airplane, but in part we keep the air refueling capability (with only 2 KC-130)

in Argentina someone thing that was a very bad deal, i thing thats was a good deal with the limitations of the moment, the old A-4B/C was at the end of their lives, very end and we needed a reemplacement capable to be put in service very fast (if we buy for example a mig-29 we should need more time to train pilots and personal to have them in flight conditions compared with the already knowed A-4)

At the end the APG-66 become with some limitations, but Argentina keep the posibility to modify the software.