Sign in to follow this  
jack72

Looking for files for a cmrpnt VMF531 mission pack 1 & 2

I am trying to seup up the mission for the VMFA531 mission pack 1 and 2 that was made by Comrpnt In the readme it says to download a number of file from combatace site. I have been looking for them but the searc function shows they are not found. Does anyone know where I might be able to get them...

Here are the files needed.

The A-Team's Static UH-1D Huey

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=5607

Capun's Jeremiah O'Brien addon ship

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=1036

Capun's Spruance DDG addon ship

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...mp;showfile=940

Capun's FFG OH Perry addon ship

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...mp;showfile=837

Capun's FFG OH Perry Helo carrier addon ship

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...mp;showfile=835

A-team's Task Force 1

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=1806

Can someone who has downloaded these mission packs help me locate these files would be greatly appreciated.

BTW..these are for the pack 1. I am not sure of all the addons listed in pack 2 are available either

You have to go to Capuns website and get them now.

Thanks Dave,

Any idea on the files from A-Team...????

Thanks

Any idea on the files from A-Team...????

You have to go to Capuns website and get them now.

Guest 531_Ghost

I have the files, but, they're not for re-distribution. Sorry.

Hi Jack, you were too quick off the mark for me with this public request before I had a chance to respond to your PM. No matter. Here is the response in the public forum.

As you can see, since these packs were posted things have moved on. Capun's models are now only available at his site. Email him at "capun1950 at yahoo dot com" requesting access.

You highlight a good point though - as you no doubt appreciate by now, it's like building on shifting sands. At the time I wrote these two mission packs I had to make use of other 3rd party models to get the level of realism required to simulate these historical USMC missions. My intention now though is to clean up these packs and possibly use public models where possible to avoid this happening again.

Mostly I've found over the past few months that some of the ships in the fleet are difficult to come by. Here's what I suggest...

Download the following from Capun:

CV-59 Forrestal carrier

FFG OH Perry

FFG OH Perry Helo carrier

SS Jeremiah O'Brien

Spruance DDG

Notice that SumnerFRAM2, as referenced in Pack I, is no longer available :-( ... so ...

...change references in the VMFA-531 mission files #94422 and #94422b from "SumnerFRAM2" to "Spruance" instead. For example...

[GroundMission001]
GroundObjectType=SumnerFRAM2
Name=USS Allen M Sumner
FormationType=Single
ShipNumber=1
Size=1
StartTime=0
NavalObject=TRUE
Carrier=TRUE
Position=720000,174000,0
Heading=180
Speed=0
Loadout=
ObjectiveID=1
Alignment=FRIENDLY
Nation=USN

...becomes..

[GroundMission001]
GroundObjectType=Spruance
Name=USS Allen M Sumner
FormationType=Single
ShipNumber=1
Size=1
StartTime=0
NavalObject=TRUE
Carrier=TRUE
Position=720000,174000,0
Heading=180
Speed=0
Loadout=
ObjectiveID=1
Alignment=FRIENDLY
Nation=USN

As far as the fleet is concerned, this should at least get you going.

You'll also need the UH-1D static Huey and the H-34 Choctaw, both also available from Capun, as used in Pack II in missions 94593, 94594, 94603, 94604 and 94604b.

Eventually I'll collate the missions packs for VMFA-531 and clean up the pre-requisite issues - I hope - until then the 'fix' described above should help. Let me know if you still have problems setting it all up.

Regards, comrpnt.

Guest 531_Ghost

Always a Gentleman, Thanks PNT. :ok:

This situation only highlights the disdain that capun and some of his ego-stroking jackals have for the community. There was no reason for them to do what they did other than to attempt to control people and force them to beg for access to their site. It amazes me that anyone would lick their boots in that way.

As a long-term strategy, it would be good if we, as a community dedicated to having fun, could replace as many of their models as possible with new, fair-use models available to everyone without restriction on use and without the need to kiss buttock and pass "screening" to get them. The more we can marginalize them (capun and charlie, mainly) the better things will be for everyone, as innocent users won't have to go through this sort of nonsense.

Thanks everyone...

Comrpnt thanks for your info....

I did not mean to step on anyone's toes...if this download is not kosher to the person who made it or the people who made the models...I can choose another one.

It does not matter to me to go to his site to get the needed files, but if there is an issue that will offend many because some are trying to say that it is their toys and you can't play with them,,,no problem..there is enough in the sandbox for me to choose.

I do understand the work someone has put in to make the models, but we do it for all to keep the community going. If the someone feels that there work is so good that others should'nt use it,,then put it as payware...if it is that good.,,we will buy...

not trying to start a war...just one in thirdwire sims....

Now tell us how you really feel....damn dude. :haha:

Sorry man it just burns me when people cop this "let them eat cake" attitude.

:bad: