Sign in to follow this  
Borsti

Question on 3D Engine, Replays, Benchmark

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding Lo-Mac.

Can you already explain some details of the 3D Engine? How configurable is it in terms of PS usage? Does the game use some kind of auto-detection of cards and/or does it use a max-fps limiter? Is it fully D3D only or is there also the choice to switch to OpenGL? Does the engine include a benchmark mode... or a framecounter to meassure avg. FSP in a replay?

Since Lo-Mac seems to become the most important modern flightsim I would really like to see a way to use it as a benchmark.

Not sure if you can answer those questions but I would really appreciate it! Thanks! :)

Lars Weinand - Tom's Hardware Guide

Since Lo-Mac seems to become the most important modern flightsim I would really like to see a way to use it as a benchmark.

I agree! I had aksed a while back if Eagle Dynamics would consider including some sort of built-in Benchmark track which we could use to compare system performance. I never heard back unfortunately. B)

I hope you get some great answers from those who know!

It would also help the game in terms of better support from the GPU makers. They care more on applications that are used for benchmarking by the big mags :blink:

Lars

The engine is D3D only, that's for sure. If Flanker2 and some development-screenshots are anything to go by there will also be a frame-counter, however without average FPS displayed so its use for benchmarking is limited. No idea about the rest.

I think LOMAC would make a great CPU-benchmark rather than a GPU-one since it is most likely CPU&RAM-limited and 'only' uses DX8.1 graphics-hardware.

Well, now the demo is out you can take a look at the frame-counter in person. Just press CTRL-Backspace. I don't know but the number in brackets might actually be the average FPS.

Excelelnt to see you here Lars! If a major site like Toms can use LOMAC as a benchamrk, it will not only increase hardware support for LOMAC, but also let people know abotu flight sims.

You should check otu this utility to change graphics settigns in LOMAC.

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthr...&threadid=49755

Lockon manager 1.0 beta 11

To tweaks Lockon graphics settings

compliant with Lockon DEMO and BETA versions

http://www.checksix-fr.com/biblioth...dC6.php?ID=1380

have pleasure and fun

but use at your OWN RISK like splash screen say

best regards

Skypat

SP3 1024 Viper Pit Team

Checksix Webmaster