Sign in to follow this  

The idea came to me like a brick on the back of the head....Edward's PTO maps all use the VietnamSEA naming conventions. So, why not see if CA_Stary's Green Hell works in there...

O

M

G

!!!!!

Mingdalon:

burma_gh1.jpg

Japanese airfield near Mataban???? Note the pagoda in the background - never saw THAT before!!

burma_gh2.jpg

I"m not sure what these watery white 'fields' are .. paddies???

burma_gh3.jpg

They reflect an awfull lot of light (high albedo????)

Just adding these tiles changed the whole map. Looks like I know what I'm going to be doing - updating the targets and such!

Wrench

kevin stein

Wow!!! Much better look for this terrain :yes: I want to go on vacation there :biggrin:

Edited by kukulino

Pretty shocking discovery Green Hell works there, Kevin? It's working on all maps using the VietnamSEA tileset. To reduce the white fields (Yes, those were meant to be paddys!) play with:

[WaterTextureMaterial]

AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

SpecularColor=1.000000,1.000000,0.900000,1.000000

in terrain _data.ini, SpecularColor being the important one, more info in original GH topic.

Shame that Solomons and New Guinea uses the BN* convention... but I think I may have cure for those terrains ready in 2 weeks... :ninja:

Has it been said enoguh that Ca's stary trees add huge to the game, making it a whole new game in same situations?

I guess not. It is impossible to repeat this statment enoguh.

It is such a huge creation and idea.

By the way, that Darwin terrain benefits of the Vietnam green hell, while the Formosa benefits hugely of the farms and trees for germany CE

Thanks a lot CA stary, seriously.

Pretty shocking discovery Green Hell works there, Kevin? It's working on all maps using the VietnamSEA tileset. To reduce the white fields (Yes, those were meant to be paddys!) play with:

[WaterTextureMaterial]

AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

SpecularColor=1.000000,1.000000,0.900000,1.000000

in terrain _data.ini, SpecularColor being the important one, more info in original GH topic.

Shame that Solomons and New Guinea uses the BN* convention... but I think I may have cure for those terrains ready in 2 weeks... :ninja:

Proof once again that CA_Stary is "da' man"!!!!!!

Has it been said enoguh that Ca's stary trees add huge to the game, making it a whole new game in same situations?

I guess not. It is impossible to repeat this statment enough

Gabriel, I can't agree more!!! It's makes SEA look like it's supposed to, especially in the Mid-20th Century, WW2 time frame.

CA, sometimes I'm just a little slow on the uptake... :haha:

One of the great things about seperate folders for things, is modding one terrain has no effect on others. Gonna be trying those adjustments, too.

I did find a couple of glitches, however. There's a couple of cities (I didn't have the HUDData set to debug, so I didn't catch the location) that are buried in the jungles -- sort of a modern Ankor-Wat!!! One's on a mountain side....be no big deal to just pick it up and move it aside!! :wink: I feel so god-like!!! :rofl:

I'm still working on upgrading the airfield defenses (adding the IJA and Allied machine gunners -as seen in the New Guinea mod-), but I have noticed that Hanoi airfeild isn't flattened, so I'll have to fix that. No biggie. I like to increase it's size, so the IJAAF has a bomber base, but runway 1 is too big to fit the airfield tile exclusion zone...so have to find another way. Same for Kunming and a few others on the Allied side.

Once I get the airfields sorted, then it's on the adding the 'usual suspects' to the ports and cities. Be a very target rich environment...just have to research for factories or other industrial centers. Which I don't think were too many at that time and place!

Wrench

kevin stein

Cities floating in jungle? Hmm, Wrench, are those Target Areas or those little city buildings from .tod files? If the second then something weird happened. I reinstalled Burma in my PTOl, did few test flights and apart from the white water there seems to be no bugs so far.

@Canadair:

Gabriele, check your PM folder, have surprise for you there as reward for all these kind words of yours :wink:

Cheers for now,

Stary

It's a city target area; easy to fix! :wink:

Check Hanoi airfield .. it seem to have sunk in a swamp. THATs a terrain issue, NOT a tiling issue; in fact the buildings in Downtown Hanoi are floating in the river! Gotta move them to. Or, just replace the whole city with the Large Urban Module ™

Just need to re-flatten Hanoi AB, and fixed. Although, I'ld really like to add runway1 there, and at Kunming for 'larger aircraft'. Still, I"m working the problem

But those tiles -- oh man! how sweet they look! this is what I get for NOT playig WoV -- I just keep it on the HD to steal vehicle bmps from... :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

It's a city target area; easy to fix! :wink:

Check Hanoi airfield .. it seem to have sunk in a swamp. THATs a terrain issue, NOT a tiling issue; in fact the buildings in Downtown Hanoi are floating in the river! Gotta move them to. Or, just replace the whole city with the Large Urban Module

Just need to re-flatten Hanoi AB, and fixed. Although, I'ld really like to add runway1 there, and at Kunming for 'larger aircraft'. Still, I"m working the problem

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench, are you talking about that HANOI in vietnamsea terrain the one with WOV, modded with green hell and brain tiles? In this one I noticed NO building floating in river?

I don't have a PTOi, so maybe you are talking about something else...

It's Edward's WW2 Burma map.

There's definately something wrong with Hanoi. Even after re-flattening all the airfields, it still disappears into the ground. Wingmates do the 'bouncy jiggly, spinnning on their tails til they blow up dance'. The misplaced buildings are a targets ini issue, and easly fixed by shifting their offsets.

It's not a tiling issue, for sure. all the others work fine. And that's about the limit of MY TE skills!!! Well, at worst, I can always convert it to a parking lot!! :rofl:

I mean, surely the IJA had to store them Toyota Land Cruisers somewhere!!!

I have, however, successfully converted Loiwing AB to my 'unpaved' runway 1, so the Allies has someplace to launch their bombers. Unfortunately, there isn't a spot large enough for the IJAAF ... I've checked all their airfields, and there's just too many trees!!!! Never thought I'd EVER complain about that!!!

Wrench

kevin stein