Is it possible to have a aircraft carry a mixture of Soviet and NATO weapons, example MiG-21 LanceR.

Is it possible to have a aircraft carry a mixture of Soviet and NATO weapons, example MiG-21 LanceR.

if the aircraft weapons stations have that included as allowable weapons, yes. If you are modding an aircraft, say an Iranian fighter to take both western weapons left over from the Shah and current Russian weapons, just add USAF, USN, and WP as allowable weapons and you can mix and match all kinds of stuff.

Probabaly not.

FRIENDLY and ENEMY are defined in the Nations ini, which is again defined in the NationName= in the aircraft data ini

We ran into this with the (reunified) German MiG-29G. The only fix was the 'nationalize' the ex-Soveit weapons into W_Germany.

Somewhere I covered this in the Loadouts Thread in the KB. Basically it boils down to you CANNOT load friendly weapons on an ENEMY aircraft.

In the Turkey's case, for reasons of gaming, when originally released the Iran/Iraq mod considerd Iran a 'friendly' nation, using USN weapons. This has since been corrected. :wink: (ie: all the IRIAF aircraft have been updated to Iran nation specific weapons - see the Bunayp Pak Weapons & Loadout fixes thread for all the details)

In the case of the Rumanian Lancers, you'll be wanting to create 'nation specific' Western-based weapons JUST for the Lancer to use. For example, a 9Lima winder, using "WP" as attachment type, Rumania as the NationName=, adjusting data and loadout inis accordingly. BTW, you'll find they already exist for the Paki J-6s

Wrench

kevin stein

Probabaly not.

FRIENDLY and ENEMY are defined in the Nations ini, which is again defined in the NationName= in the aircraft data ini

We ran into this with the (reunified) German MiG-29G. The only fix was the 'nationalize' the ex-Soveit weapons into W_Germany.

Somewhere I covered this in the Loadouts Thread in the KB. Basically it boils down to you CANNOT load friendly weapons on an ENEMY aircraft.

In the Turkey's case, for reasons of gaming, when originally released the Iran/Iraq mod considerd Iran a 'friendly' nation, using USN weapons. This has since been corrected. :wink: (ie: all the IRIAF aircraft have been updated to Iran nation specific weapons - see the Bunayp Pak Weapons & Loadout fixes thread for all the details)

In the case of the Rumanian Lancers, you'll be wanting to create 'nation specific' Western-based weapons JUST for the Lancer to use. For example, a 9Lima winder, using "WP" as attachment type, Rumania as the NationName=, adjusting data and loadout inis accordingly. BTW, you'll find they already exist for the Paki J-6s

Wrench

kevin stein

i've done it by doing what I stated above. You can add all kinds of stuff onto a single aircraft from all sides of the spectrum. works just fine.

Ok, to clarify, i mean puting soviet weapons on a friendly aircraft. I have change the country to friendly and put Soviet in the attachment type but the russians weapon will not show.